• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Database problem

Hello

first off i am very new with working on database, i mean i am a new born

my first problem is that my site is down, getting this error

1016 - Can't open file: 'sessions.MYI'. (errno: 145)

select value from sessions where sesskey = '605ef81b985bc97cb730bda9f7377cb3' and expiry > '1123760945'

Did some searching a found that i might be able to fix this by repairing session via phpmyadmin, so off to my admin, i can't repair it cause it says it is IN USE (Whos_Online is IN USE also ?)

Saw another post saying shut down Mysql first then repair it, but i am un sure what that means, tried logging off phpmyadmin and restarting it but no luck.

any idea

Thanks

if it's an online db, ask the server admins for help, you'll not be able to stop the mysql there. Maybe try to drop/recreate the db.

If local, just stop the mysql engine (mysqld.exe or mysql-nt.exe on windows task manager)

if it's an online db, ask the server admins for help, you'll not be able to stop the mysql there. Maybe try to drop/recreate the db.

If local, just stop the mysql engine (mysqld.exe or mysql-nt.exe on windows task manager)

Thanks, it's a online db, so i'll call them in the morning.

Ipowerweb has been nothing but a head ache the last week, first php problems they had to recompile that, then coudn't even get into my phpadmin, 2 days to fix that.

what next

Thanks again

Archived