• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Massive help needed with the osCommerce....

melssa

I seriously need a step by step in how to set up $.80 shipping to US res, and $1.25 to canada and overseas....I also need to charge NY state slaes tax because thats where I reside...

Another problem i am having..when I do a test run on ordering something... modules.php?name=catalog&file=checkout_confirmation is a blank page...I thought it would go to a confirmation..or to let them know payment has been made...just blank and nothing happens.

Is there a step by step somewhere...can someome register to my site and order something just don't pay...and tell me what went wrong????

PLEASE>>>>>>

Melissa

Collage Emporium

Your site is not osCommerce, it is PHP Nuke with an osCommerce plug-in. PHP Nuke works in a different way, with different file pathways and modules to a stand-alone osCommerce website - which means it's unlikely that anyone here can help you.

One thing I can tell you - you're not the only one running a PHP Nuke site with osCommerce plug-in that can't get their site to work!!

Vger

Yes..I do know it is phpnuke, but I have the oscommerce shopping cart. My problem is with the cart. Setting up the shipping and taxes. It is not working. Are you saying it is not working because I have phpnuke? If that's the case then why would oscomm come with it when i dl it?

Should I use phpnuke platnum?

Melissa

osCommerce is Open Source software, so if someone wants to try and integrate it with any other piece of software then they can - but it doesn't mean to say it's going to work.

When I looked at your site it was obvious that the file pathways into osCommerce were actually phpNuke pathways and not osCommerce based. I doubt that upgrading to a different version of php Nuke would have any beneficial effect.

In any event, I would not recommend running osCommerce as part of a CMS system like php Nuke. Both php Nuke and Post Nuke etc are always the target of hackers and have been regularly compromised by security exploits.

Vger

In any event, I would not recommend running osCommerce as part of a CMS system like php Nuke.  Both php Nuke and Post Nuke etc are always the target of hackers and have been regularly compromised by security exploits.

Vger

Well because I am not good with this sort of stuff, and you have been very helpful....can you suggest something else to run oscomm with? I really don't want to use a different cart. Oscomm seems to be the easiet for me, and phpnuke is what my husband uses and knows. Between the 2 of us we got this..lol..a mess! I usually just use the free sites and he said no to running a business. So what would you recommend to run my site.....Thanks for all your help...

Melissa

I would just use osCommerce to run your website. It can be customised in thousands of ways, and there are various 'Nuke-like' contributions in the osCommerce Contributions section that can be added to osCommerce - and at least you know they were written for and work with osCommerce.

It really depends what you want to use it for - primarily osCommerce is a Shopping Cart, meant for running a business.

Vger

I do have a business..well been trying to get it live, but keep having problems, I dont want to open it till it is all resolved KWIM. You mean use oscomm instead of nuke...I thought it was just a shopping cart program not the whole site. Sorry to be a pain, but I am soooo lost on this. Would I get the same mods as nuke..ex: forums, and all the other things i have on my site...I mean would it look similair? I saw the contributions, but did not have a good look at them. The nuke thing is so complicated for me. If I could use something different that would be great...Thanks

Melissa

If you want a forum linked to from your osCommerce site then I'd suggest something like Simple Machines Forum (SMF) which you could install in a subdomain and link to from the Information Box in a seperate window so that people don't leave your osCommerce site.

Vger

In any event, I would not recommend running osCommerce as part of a CMS system like php Nuke. Both php Nuke and Post Nuke etc are always the target of hackers and have been regularly compromised by security exploits.

Vger

OK...I think I was wrong..I have osc2nuke If I am reading correctly it is both nuke and oscomm. Is it not. So my question is why would they not be able to run together, when they came together?? Or am I totally hopeless??

Melissa

Archived