• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

MySQL not working with OsCommerce :(

aas_kat

I am trying for a local install of oscommerce on my machine. Windows XP home, PHP 4.4.0, Apache 2, mysql 4.1

PHP works fine with Apache. MYSQL works fine independantly. But trying to get the 3 working together with OsCommerce, IT FAILS!

When I tried installing the OSCommerce, after putting in the database details, it gave me an error as follows:

" A Test Connection made to the database was NOT successful. The error message returned is

Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading mySQL client

Please click Back button below to review your database server settings.

If you require help with your database server settings, please consult your hosting company"

Please HELP!!!! :'(

" A Test Connection made to the database was NOT successful. The error message returned is

Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading mySQL client

This is actually not an OSCommerce problem, but a problem between MySQL and PHP. The reason is, PHP 4.x only has support for MySQL 3.x. Since you're on windows, and this is a development installation, you need to tell mysql to use the old password style:

1. Find the file called my.ini (it should be located in C:\WINDOWS). In the section titled [mysqld], you need to add the following on one line:

old-passwords

2. Open a command prompt in your mysql\bin directory and log in to the client (if you haven't created a user, you should be able to log in by simply typing mysql:

mysql> UPDATE mysql.user SET Password = OLD_PASSWORD('newpwd') WHERE Host = 'localhost' AND User = 'some_user';
mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

Change 'newpwd' to the password for OSCommerce and 'some_user' to the user name for OSCommerce.

3. Restart the MySQL server.

Contributions

Discount Coupon Codes

Donations

Archived