• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing Admin Password Question

bigdeals

I am trying to change my admin password. I have searched the threads and found that I need to change the htpasswds and also the configuration.php file. When I open the htpasswds file, my current password appears to be encripted. The configuration.php also shows the password as encripted.

I don't believe I can just go in and change it to the password I want, can I? Is there a way that I can encript the new password to insert into these files?

Thank you! B)

There are lots of places you can go online that'll encrypt your password for you. Just do a search on google for htaccess password encrypt, and you'll get lots.

Always BACK UP your files and your database before making any changes. Before asking questions, check out the Knowledge Base. Check out the contributions to see if your problem's solved there. Search the forums.

Useful threads: Store Speed Optimization How to make a horrible shop Basics for design change How to search the forums

Useful contributions: Easypopulate Fast, Easy Checkout Header Tag Controller

Thank you for the response. Once I encript it, do I just enter the encripted password into those 2 locations?? Is there anything else I need to do?

Thank you,

Kelley

There are lots of places you can go online that'll encrypt your password for you.  Just do a search on google for htaccess password encrypt, and you'll get lots.

You copy and paste it into the .htpasswd. Your configuration file has to do with accessing your server rather than accessing your administration area, I believe, so I'm pretty sure you don't want to change that.

Always BACK UP your files and your database before making any changes. Before asking questions, check out the Knowledge Base. Check out the contributions to see if your problem's solved there. Search the forums.

Useful threads: Store Speed Optimization How to make a horrible shop Basics for design change How to search the forums

Useful contributions: Easypopulate Fast, Easy Checkout Header Tag Controller

Archived