• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Thoughts?

Ok I want to give my product (wedding favours) a number of attributes options (add flowers, ribbons and sweets).

Each option has an image (so customer can see what they are getting (i.e. colours, etc)).

So for example say there are 5 different flowers, with different colours, each flower type comes in different minimum numbers

so

Flower 1 min 48 - Cream

Flower 1 min 48 - Red

Flower 2 min 12 - Cream

Flower 3 min 144 - Cream

etc

So I want to allow my customer to buy 50 wedding favours, they can then buy either 2 lots of flower, 5 of flower 2 or 1 of flower 3.

Only other way I can think is to have options with images for buying 12s and 48s, and then have dropdown boxes for 96,144,192,240, so not too much space is taken up..

What is the best way to do this? Is my only way to do the flowers as a separate product?

Simon, nbot entirely sure what you want to do - could you elaborate so I can suggest a fix?

From what you have put, I think you have the cart before the horse, and you would be better letting the customer choose the flower type as a product then choose the quantity based ont he product they have chosen.

Please note - if I have suggested a contrib above, it doesnt mean it will work! Most of the contribs are not ones I've used, but may be useful for your particular problem....

Have you tried a refined search? Chances are your problem has already been dealt with elsewhere on the forums.....

if (stumped == true) {

return(square_one($start_over)

} else {

$random_query = tep_fetch_answer($forum_query)

}

Simon, nbot entirely sure what you want to do - could you elaborate so I can suggest a fix?

From what you have put, I think you have the cart before the horse, and you would be better letting the customer choose the flower type as a product then choose the quantity based ont he product they have chosen.

I think I have sorted it now thanks!

Archived