• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to: Paypal, creditcards and OsCommerce...

scarpit

I'm a total newbie on this, and a total newbie on website payments... This is the first time I'm using anything like this, so don't kick me if I'm asking silly questions... (or at least don't kick too hard! :'( )

I have a site for a band, and they want to sell band-merchandise (tshirts, cds ++) on their site. My idea was to use the OsCommerce cart with payments via paypal. I subscribed to paypal's business option, and read that our customers can use creditcards on my site with this sollution.

When I try to configure osCommerce and only have the paypal payment module ON, the shop will only accept the regular payment via paypal (customers need to have paypal accounts).

What should I do to let my customers have the option of 1) use their credit card without signing up at paypal OR 2) signing on their paypal account and pay via their paypal funds? Is there something I can do in the administration module of osCommerce or is this something that has do be done in my paypal account?

Hope I was clear enough in my question...

Thanks,

Knut B.

Can somebody please say more about where I find this feature in paypal

You're going to have to go to the Pay Pal site anyway and into your account to edit this - looking for it will only take you a few minutes.

All you have to do in osCommerce is to enable the Pay Pal module, and add your Pay Pal e-mail address to it. If you use the default Pay Pal module for osCommerce (the one that comes installed) you'll also need to sign up for the 'auto-return' feature in your Pay Pal account settings.

Vger

I'm a total newbie on this, and a total newbie on website payments... This is the first time I'm using anything like this, so don't kick me if I'm asking silly questions... (or at least don't kick too hard!  :'( )

I have a site for a band, and they want to sell band-merchandise (tshirts, cds ++) on their site. My idea was to use the OsCommerce cart with payments via paypal. I subscribed to paypal's business option, and read that our customers can use creditcards on my site with this sollution.

When I try to configure osCommerce and only have the paypal payment module ON, the shop will only accept the regular payment via paypal (customers need to have paypal accounts).

What should I do to let my customers have the option of 1) use their credit card without signing up at paypal OR 2) signing on their paypal account and pay via their paypal funds? Is there something I can do in the administration module of osCommerce or is this something that has do be done in my paypal account?

Hope I was clear enough in my question...

Thanks,

Knut B.

add credit card module.

Satish Mantri

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Don't add the Credit Card module.  It's of no use to you when working with Pay Pal.  Install the Pay Pal module as advised.

Vger

Ok, but will people get to choose between to log in on their paypal account or pay by creditcard if I use this method? How can I do this?

Archived