• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Basic Question about logo

peterpil19

Hi, quick question if anyone can help:

If my logo is too big, the breadcrumb navigator seems to get squashed and expands onto the next few rows. It is as if the picture is pushing the breadcrumb navigator's text down the page. (beforehand before I removed the cart contents etc pictures, they too would be pushed out of alignment).

Is there a way to have a logo which extends the entire page width without totally upsetting the breadcrumb navigator?

Here's a picture of the far right side of screen so you see what I mean:

forumpicture4.jpg

Thanks guys!

--Peter

CE PHOENIX SUPPORTER

Support the Project, go PRO and get access to certified add ons

Full-time I am a C-suite executive of a large retail company in Australia. In my spare time, I enjoying learning about web-design.

Download the latest version of CE Phoenix from gitHub here

Hi, quick question if anyone can help:

If my logo is too big, the breadcrumb navigator seems to get squashed and expands onto the next few rows. It is as if the picture is pushing the breadcrumb navigator's text down the page. (beforehand before I removed the cart contents etc pictures, they too would be pushed out of alignment).

Is there a way to have a logo which extends the entire page width without totally upsetting the breadcrumb navigator?

Here's a picture of the far right side of screen so you see what I mean:

forumpicture4.jpg

Thanks guys!

--Peter

post the lower part of your header.php, where the tables start ... there is some alignment issue I think

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Hi Monika from Germany! I've posted the table section from header.php. I'm not sure where to start about looking for an alignment problem.

Thanks,

--Peter

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr class="header">

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'newlogo.jpg', 'Exclusive Bead Creations') . '</a>'; ?></td>

<td align="right" valign="bottom"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link; ?>  </td>

</tr>

</table>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1">

<tr class="headerNavigation">

<td class="headerNavigation">  <?php echo $breadcrumb->trail(' » '); ?></td>

<td align="right" class="headerNavigation"><?php if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) { ?><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGOFF, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_LOGOFF; ?></a>  |  <?php } ?><a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT; ?></a>  |  <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS; ?></a>  |  <a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL'); ?>" class="headerNavigation"><?php echo HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT; ?></a>   </td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message'])) {

?>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr class="headerError">

<td class="headerError"><?php echo htmlspecialchars(urldecode($HTTP_GET_VARS['error_message'])); ?></td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php

}

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['info_message']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['info_message'])) {

?>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr class="headerInfo">

<td class="headerInfo"><?php echo htmlspecialchars($HTTP_GET_VARS['info_message']); ?></td>

</tr>

</table>

<?php

}

?>

CE PHOENIX SUPPORTER

Full-time I am a C-suite executive of a large retail company in Australia. In my spare time, I enjoying learning about web-design.

that code looks ok. You don't happen to ahve a link, so I can view it in action and the source code too?

Monika

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

that code looks ok. You don't happen to ahve a link, so I can view it in action and the source code too?

Hi Monika, here's link to site: CLICK HERE(I've put logo back to normal size, i.e. a size that won't mess up the formatting).

I'm not sure how to give you a link directly to the source code.

Is there any other file apart from header.php that may influence the formatting of the breadcrumb navigator?

--Peter

CE PHOENIX SUPPORTER

I've looked, but I can't find any other files that would affect the formatting.

This is an important issue, as I had the same problem right after a fresh Oscommerce install. Logo size seemingly then does affect the breadcrumb navigator. I haven't found anything on this forum or the online documentation, but then again, I haven't seen any oscommerce websites so far with large logos.

Again, if anyone could point me in the right direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

I offer 10% off anything in my eBay store to the first person who helps me solve this problem: here's the store:http://stores.ebay.com.au/Greek-Roman-Antiquities]eBay Store[/url]. I sell authentic ancient coins and artifacts.

Kind Regards,

Peter

CE PHOENIX SUPPORTER

Hi Monika, here's link to site: CLICK HERE(I've put logo back to normal size, i.e. a size that won't mess up the formatting).

I'm not sure how to give you a link directly to the source code.

Is there any other file apart from header.php that may influence the formatting of the breadcrumb navigator?

--Peter

Hi Peter,

I get a page not found for your website.

in the first part of your code, take out the second table cell, as it does nothing (you started a href link there)

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tr class="header">
<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'newlogo.jpg', 'Exclusive Bead Creations') . '</a>'; ?></td>
<td align="right" valign="bottom"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link; ?>  </td>
</tr>
</table>

remove this:

let me know when your site is back up. I have seen a gazillion huge logos work!

in my profile you see the hollywood page, the logo there is 677 wide.

Monika

Monika! You beauty! You fixed it! Thanks so much! That offer stands in my eBay store. If you ever purchase anything you get 10% off, whatever it is.

Here's the site: www.exclusivebeadcreations.com. The server wasn't down, I just didn't paste the link properly. It's just a site I'm doing up for my mother. It's my first ever attempt at a website, I'm a law student so I can be excused for not knowing any programming and I just started it a few days ago.

Thanks again for your help!

--Peter

CE PHOENIX SUPPORTER

Archived