• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Hide Error messages

vbtrev

Hi does anyone now how to hide error messages at the top of the screen, earlier i was doing some testing and an error came up saying fsock could not connect to www.ups.com e.t.c

How can i stop those messages from showing to visitors? this was the first time it happened i clicked refresh and it didnt happen again,

Thanks

Hi does anyone now how to hide error messages at the top of the screen, earlier i was doing some testing and an error came up saying fsock could not connect to www.ups.com e.t.c

How can i stop those messages from showing to visitors? this was the first time it happened i clicked refresh and it didnt happen again,

Thanks

showing error message is a server setting ... are you still in dev mode or live? in dev mode, I would keep those, definitely, while for live, it should be set to give no error messages on the screen, but in a logfile.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

showing error message is a server setting ... are you still in dev mode or live? in dev mode, I would keep those, definitely, while for live, it should be set to give no error messages on the screen, but in a logfile.

Hi I am in live mode, how do i change the error reporting?

thanks

Hi I am in live mode, how do i change the error reporting?

thanks

if you have control about your php.ini, change it yourself, if not, ask the host to do it:

? display_errors = On to display_errors = Off

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

if you have control about your php.ini, change it yourself, if not, ask the host to do it:

? display_errors = On to display_errors = Off

Hi, i spoke to my ISP and this is what they said:

"We cannot change php.ini on the server because that is a server wide change that would affect 100s of other customers.

Take a look on www.php.net for information on how to turn off error reporting at the code level."

I have had a look and searched the web, but not really found anything that helps, if anyone else can point me in the right direction that would be most appreciated.

T

Archived