• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

error messages after installing french pack

I installed an additional language (french) and when I click on the french flag I get the following error message:

--------- error message begin

Warning: main(includes/languages/french/default.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/inpregna/public_html/shop/default.php on line 33

Warning: main(includes/languages/french/default.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/inpregna/public_html/shop/default.php on line 33

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/french/default.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/inpregna/public_html/shop/default.php on line 33

----------- error message end

If I go back one step and in the Information box I click on any link and then click on the french flag, then the page comes up, no problem. If then I click on any of the links listed in the category box, again, boom, the error message.

My hosting provider (Insiderhosting) has a script that installs OsCommerce automatically when requested. On their server the catalog directory is called "shop". Just thought this additional info might be of help in order to solve my problem. I also noticed that for no apparent reason the admin interface would suddenly change to French even though I choose english as the default admin interface language.

Thanks anyone for their insight! :unsure:

There was an index.php file but no default.php. I just renamed the index.php as it appeared to have the content default.php sould have had.

Hope I wont be needing this index.php file ...

Thanks

Archived