• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Are these drop ship terms good?

ChrisW123

I've been looking for drop ship products to sell on my website and have found a product I like and think may sell well. I think this company may be fairly new from the responses I get from them and from their website but the product seems to be strong.

Anyway... do these terms sound reasonable to you? I have no clue since I'm new to drop shipping:

1) For each order they will charge a $30 fee plus the wholesale price of the product to my credit card. This amount includes shipping to anywhere in the world.

2) Refunds: They will credit my CC minus a 15% restocking fee.

3) Shipping seems fast, 5 days from order to arriving to the customer.

4) They won't let me use their product images. Is this the norm? I'd think that allowing a reseller to use the images would increase the chance of a sale.

Do any of these terms seem out of line or strange at all? Did I miss anything?

Thanks! -Chris.

I've been looking for drop ship products to sell on my website and have found a product I like and think may sell well.  I think this company may be fairly new from the responses I get from them and from their website but the product seems to be strong.

Anyway...  do these terms sound reasonable to you?  I have no clue since I'm new to drop shipping:

1) For each order they will charge a $30 fee plus the wholesale price of the product to my credit card.  This amount includes shipping to anywhere in the world.

2) Refunds:  They will credit my CC minus a 15% restocking fee.

3) Shipping seems fast, 5 days from order to arriving to the customer.

4) They won't let me use their product images.  Is this the norm?  I'd think that allowing a reseller to use the images would increase the chance of a sale.

Do any of these terms seem out of line or strange at all?  Did I miss anything?

Thanks!  -Chris.

You didn't mention the type of product but:

#1 - $30 for shipping? Why not actual shipping fee's? This include any custom fee's if shipping intl.?

#2 - typical. but ask how long before they issue the credit. days? weeks? watch this. some like to use excuses like "processing time" or other things to hold onto your money for as long as they can. Plus usually refunds only happen once the product is back in their hands. Who pays for shipping to return to them? Do they dictate specific shipping methods? This can be pretty expensive if not watched carefully.

#3 - What's more important is how long do they typically take to ship an item out by the time you give them the order. do they provide tracking services, etc.? Only the shipper (FedEx, UPS, etc.) can guarantee the delivery date, not the wholesaler.

#4 - sounds bogus. a wholesaler cannot prevent you from using manufacturers images. they can prevent you from using their images (assuming they took them and own them). if these are popular products, you can find on the 'net. If not, contact the manufacturer.

Also, if you are dropshipping, make sure you check if their are any MAP (Minimum Advertised Price) policies in place.

Good Luck.

#4 - sounds bogus. a wholesaler cannot prevent you from using manufacturers images. they can prevent you from using their images (assuming they took them and own them). if these are popular products, you can find on the 'net. If not, contact the manufacturer.

The product is brand name replica watches. I believe the images are not the manufacturer's images but are the websites own images. I don't think this company is the actual manufacturer. They are really good images and must have taken a long time to make that well. They have 3 to 5 images of every watch.

They also want my credit card info and a they would create an account with $350 in it so that they can deduct the $30 fee from it with each order. Something like that. Do drop shippers usually want your credit card info in order that they can bill you for the orders you make? I'm a little suspecious of this. Is this normal?

I also did a little research on the product and found that a particular grade of watch that they offer doesn't offer a particular feature that they say the watches have. So that kinda bothers me.

-Chris.

They also want my credit card info and a they would create an account with $350 in it so that they can deduct the $30 fee from it with each order. Something like that

I don't know if I understood it properly, but...

Do they want You to make the prepayment of 350$ ?

If they do than something evidently stinks imho and this company isn't worth making business with them.

Replica watches makes me a bit scared. Are they the sort of thing you can buy down the market?

Make sure if you pay them anything that you do it in such a way that you can do a chargeback if them try and rip you off.

It is not unusaul for wholesalers to require payment in advance for the first order but I have not heard of this arrangement before. Better is they ask for trade references and company registration and tax id. Then they can set up an account for you.

I don't know if I understood it properly, but...

Do they want You to make the prepayment of 350$ ?

If they do than something evidently stinks imho and this company isn't worth making business with them.

Radders, x4ntos,

Yes I think it's weird also. I just got another email explaining the credit card thing a little more. The guy says:

"Regarding payment: we will charge your credit card for cost of 4 watches and 4 shipment costs.After you sell 4 watches,you will have to deposite more money.I won't be able to ship an order for you if there won't be funds for it."

The last sentence refers to my question about what would happen if the credit card gets maxed out from a lot of orders, could he bill me instead. So does this sound like a scam? Do you normally need to give your credit card to these companies or will most of them simply bill you each month?

As for selling replicas, actually if you find the right source the watches are "very" high quality relatively speaking. They are good watches, some of them. Others aren't however. You have to be carefull. I've quized him on several aspects about their products and he seems to answer the questions correctly. Meaning the answers match what is expected for that grade of watch.

The credit card thing bugs me. Sounds a little shady?

The other bizzare thing about this company is, they absolutely will not allow me to use their product images!!

I've told them:

1) Nobody will buy the product from me without seeing a picture of it. So that means neither of us will make any money without the pics.

2) I will watermark the images, use them only on my website, and sign an agreement that I will stop using them at any time on your request.

But they still won't go for it!! What is up with that? The only thing I can think of is they would consider me competition but what in the hell??!! They are making money when I sell something!! They must be some kind of scam outfit. Plus their website has no PR meaning it's brand new so it's possible they got shut down before and have started this new site.

*scratches head*

I told them I may contact them later but no longer interested at this time.

PR = Page Rank.

If I was a dropshipper I too wouldnt want people to take my images either... you have to do some things for yourself somewhere along the line and photography is time consuming and difficult to get right.

Have you done a whois on the company's site? Check the owner you dont want to see there some free mail posted rather a solid isp. Also google around a bit see what others say. Sometimes there are hard evidence of foul play too serious to ignore. (as in many cases there are plenty of louzy rumors against well established companies when I usually ignore :D )

I do drop-shipping and have about 80 suppliers. NONE of them want to charge me upfront. Yes, they want the card info, but they do not charge a penny until I place an order.

$30 s&h fee? Unless these watches weigh around 10lbs and require high insurance value, this is extremely outrageous.

I wouldn't walk away from these people, I would run.. fast..

I do drop-shipping and have about 80 suppliers.  NONE of them want to charge me upfront.  Yes, they want the card info, but they do not charge a penny until I place an order. 

$30 s&h fee?  Unless these watches weigh around 10lbs and require high insurance value, this is extremely outrageous.

I wouldn't walk away from these people, I would run.. fast..

Thanks for the responses everyone!

I told them I'm no longer interested because of the problem with their images and that I've had comments from others (all of you) that their payment method is not the usual way of doing business.

Thanks again! -Chris.

Archived