• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can someone from UK visit my store?

celiaak

I have 6 languages and 3 currencies.

I need to know if a UK costumer logs in the prices show up in USD or in G8P?

And if you change the currencie to G8P, can you please simulate some 8uying and see what is the currencie on shipping?

Thank you for help.

Crossed Crafts

C?lia

And if you change the currencie to G8P, can you please simulate some 8uying and see what is the currencie on shipping?

Thank you for help.

Crossed Crafts

C?lia

Hi,

I chose GBP then chose an item and the currency changed back to USD.

All sorts of security messages came up when I chose to go to checkout, I was scared and gave up.

Hi,

I chose GBP then chose an item and the currency changed back to USD.

All sorts of security messages came up when I chose to go to checkout, I was scared and gave up.

Thank you!

I was affraid that could happen :(

Dont know what to do to prevent it form changing 8ack to USD :(

The anoying security messages are 8ecause I use a shared SSL.

I guess I should 8uy a private one, hum?$$$$$

Are you in UK?

Thank you!

Thank you!

The anoying security messages are 8ecause I use a shared SSL.

I guess I should 8uy a private one, hum?$$$$$

Are you in UK?

Thank you!

Yeah, i'm in the UK, I had all manner of troubles until I had my own SSL, you can get a cert for about ?20, the guy who hosts my website did the necessary setting up and charged me ?50 inc the cert.

Thank you!

In admin->configuration, there is an option named Switch to Default Language Currency. Be sure that is set to false.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Thank you for help.

Crossed Crafts

C?lia

I'm from the UK, and when I first go to your site the currency is set to euros rather than pound sterling. Another thing that I noticed (not sure whether it is intentional) but the price is displayed as 1.33? rather than ?1.33

Hope this helds,

Digitales

I'm from the UK, and when I first go to your site the currency is set to euros rather than pound sterling. Another thing that I noticed (not sure whether it is intentional) but the price is displayed as 1.33? rather than ?1.33

Hope this helds,

Digitales

Thank you for pointing that out,i'll check on conti8utions to see if there's a way to make it go 8ehind. :blink:

Thanks!

I'm in the UK and I'm still seeing Euro prices - also your configure.php file is not set up correctly to use the shared ssl (which is worthless anyway as it is a self-signed cert).

Vger

The way to resolve your problem with languages and currencies is as follows:

1. Go to includes/languages/english.php - look for 'USD' and change to 'GBP'

2. Then set 'Switch To Default Language Currency' to 'True'. Yes I know somebody advised different, but it will work now.

3. All of the languages other than English are in the Eurozone so will display in Euros. The default currency for the English language was set in osCommerce to US Dollars, but by correcting that you can now use the 'Default Language Currency' feature.

Vger

I'm in the UK and I'm still seeing Euro prices - also your configure.php file is not set up correctly to use the shared ssl (which is worthless anyway as it is a self-signed cert).

Vger

Where can I see an example on how to configure configure.php to work 8etter?

Thanks!

The way to resolve your problem with languages and currencies is as follows:

1.  Go to includes/languages/english.php - look for 'USD' and change to 'GBP'

2.  Then set 'Switch To Default Language Currency' to 'True'.  Yes I know somebody advised different, but it will work now.

3.  All of the languages other than English are in the Eurozone so will display in Euros.  The default currency for the English language was set in osCommerce to US Dollars, but by correcting that you can now use the 'Default Language Currency' feature.

Vger

That way USA costumers would loose Usd prices when they choose them, or not?

thanks

C?lia

That way USA costumers would loose Usd prices when they choose them, or not?

Yes, it's either one or the other. You can have the English language and the UK currency or the English language and the USA currency. Your main business appears to be in the UK or the rest of Europe.

However, what you can do is to make a duplicate of all of the 'english' language files and folders, rename them USA, add them to your site with the USA flag icon, and then in includes/languages/usa.php enter the currency as 'USD'.

With regard to the shared ssl it does not really matter what you do with regard to the configure.php files because you are still going to get error messages. For an ssl certificate to be 'Trusted' it has to be issued to your domain (full) or to your hosts domain (shared) but be issued by a trusted provider of ssl certificates e.g. Geotrust, Versign, Thawte etc. These companies are listed in the major web browsers in the Trusted Root Certificate Store. Your certificate is both issued to and issued by your web hosting company and they are not trusted providers of ssl certs. All that they have done is to use ther hosting control panel to generate a self-signed cert, which is of no use to you.

Vger

With regard to the shared ssl it does not really matter what you do with regard to the configure.php files because you are still going to get error messages. For an ssl certificate to be 'Trusted' it has to be issued to your domain (full) or to your hosts domain (shared) but be issued by a trusted provider of ssl certificates e.g. Geotrust, Versign, Thawte etc. These companies are listed in the major web browsers in the Trusted Root Certificate Store. Your certificate is both issued to and issued by your web hosting company and they are not trusted providers of ssl certs. All that they have done is to use ther hosting control panel to generate a self-signed cert, which is of no use to you.

Vger

So,I_should_8uy_an_trysred_SSL.

Are_there_any_SSL_certificates_8etter_for_OSCommerce?

Thanks!

What on earth is wrong with your keyboard?

And any SSL certificate will work. Just follow the instructions that your host and the company that you're buying the SSL certificate from provide.

Always BACK UP your files and your database before making any changes. Before asking questions, check out the Knowledge Base. Check out the contributions to see if your problem's solved there. Search the forums.

Useful threads: Store Speed Optimization How to make a horrible shop Basics for design change How to search the forums

Useful contributions: Easypopulate Fast, Easy Checkout Header Tag Controller

Archived