• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installed xampp

discus333

Hi

Installed xampp, ftp oscommerce from site into htdocs, went to localhost/oscommerce get the following error.

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'cheryhi_osc1'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\osCommerce\includes\functions\database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

I am new to this have I done something wrong, or is there something else i need to do first.

Plz help

thanks

k

Hi

Installed xampp, ftp oscommerce from site into htdocs, went to localhost/oscommerce get the following error.

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'cheryhi_osc1'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\osCommerce\includes\functions\database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!

I am new to this have I done something wrong, or is there something else i need to do first.

Plz help

thanks

k

See this thread

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=167577

Don't confuse your online User Name with your User Name for your local xampp installation. By default the XAMPP User Name is root and by default there is no password unless you use the XAMPP control panel to set one.

Vger

I am sorry if i am not getting this, but I really have no idea it is just going over my head.

I have changed the php file $ this = null; to unset ($this); from reading the posts i think this clears up the php conflict.

I have set up passwords for sql and xampp

I still get the same problem as above.

Forgive my ignorance but do i need to actually install the oscommerce or something.

To explain what i have done.

I pressed a button on my hosting cpanel which automatically installed oscommerce for me.

my hosting area now has a oscommerce folder in that there is an admin folder however i cannot find the catalog folder that is mentioned in postings.

I can get into the admin and can see how to edit things etc.

I then read postings and it seemed it would be better to have oscommerce locally on my pc, i wanted it as it is on my hosting as i have already altered one or two things.

I have never done anything like this, this is all new to me. I have downloaded xampp as suggested and then i have ftp from my hosting area the oscommerce folder and placed it in the htdocs folder in xammp.

What else do i need to do??? plz help

Thanks for the help vger

I have downloaded a backup of my dbase file it appears on my desktop as a notepad file is this correct.

when i go into phpmyadminphp i have a box with create new dbase above it a box next to that with a drop down saying collation and a button at the end saying create.

I take it i need to enter a name for the dbase does that have to be anything specific. Then do i need to alter the dropdown collation or do i leave that as it is.

i take it i then just click on create.

thanks

k

Hi

PLZ can someone help

I think i have managed to create the dbase and populate it, however if i go to localhost/oscommerrce i still get the original error.

Im sorry i know i am not very good at this but i am trying, please could someone at least point me in the right direction.

Thanks

k

Hi vger

no that is not my user name, i think that user name may be something to do with my hosting.

Since i ftp the oscommerce straight from there and my user there is cheryhi.

when i downloaded the dbase that is called db_cheryhi_osc1-20050829124847

so i think it must have generated from there somehow.

I have even reset a username and password for xampp and sql thinking that might clear it but it hasnt.

Hi vger

no that is not my user name, i think that user name may be something to do with my hosting.

Since i ftp the oscommerce straight from there and my user there is cheryhi.

when i downloaded the dbase that is called db_cheryhi_osc1-20050829124847

so i think it must have generated from there somehow.

I have even reset a username and password for xampp and sql thinking that might clear it but it hasnt.

Try for

define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'root');
 define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '');

in your local configure.php's. That's the default as desribed with the Xampp documentation and although I gave another username/password when installing Xampp those never worked. With the default I have no problem and as it's just local I don't mind.

You have two configure.php files, one in the includes/ folder and the other in admin/includes/ you need to edit these to include your local database name (the blank one you first set up), and your local MySQL User Name and Password.

Vger

Archived