• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

no shipping / download product

dirksmith

hi

I'm trying to set-up a stock photography site and would welcome some guidance on setting up the payment and product download process.

Basically once a product (photograph) has been selected - I would like to bypass the shipping method page and take the customer directly to the payment option.

The customer then pays via paypal - the order is confirmed - and the buyer is then directed to a download page holding a high resolution version of the photograph for download.

So my queries would be:

1) how do i bypass the shipping page?

2) what is the set-up for direction to the download page once payment has been made - is this best acheived by an automated email to the customer with a link to a download page - does oscommerce offer this facility?

Is anyone aware of a tutorial or guidance on setting this up?

thanx

d

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dirk,

Did you ever figure this one out? I am still working on it also. We have downloadable products only on our site.

Another question:

Is there a way to make all new added products default to downloadable so that I won't have to go in and set product attributes each and every time?

BTW: If you still need some answers regarding some of your earlier topics let me know since I have had to figure out most of them also.

Thanks man,

Neale

Archived