• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Jagged

Hello Iv updated my page some what. And Added things to comply with the rules here on the forums. ITs been some time sence I created this page, most if it was taken up by getting the shop up and ready to open.

What I need is some general critisism, and some input on Ideas I have, or things Id like the page to do at certain times.

Here is a link to My Webpage

The things I have ideas for are:

There is a portion on my page about partners, Id like there to a number of differnt "Sections" to show up there, Random like. so instead of partners all the time on all pages, I could have a differnt one on every page or every refresh.

The second thing is to change the way the welcome message is, and Id like to make it look nicer.

Any ideas, and critisism is great, thanks allot.

Hotwire

Just took a quick glance at it, but I would look at cleaning up your thumbnail images. It looks as though you took the full size image and tried to make it auto fit as a thumbnail on the page. They just look fuzzy and no where near as crisp as the full size images.

I like it, its clean and looks fresh, i agree with the header loading is a little off putting after 5 mins or so.

I also agree with the images being fuzzy, when i click on enlarge its very clear and only comes up a little large so just resize the images in admin.

you have been up and running since 2004 but a lot of your catagories are empty that really pees me of when i look around a site and see they do not have the product when you do have a image showing it.

last thing i spotted was underware/headware change that to underwear and headwear..

anyway as i said i like the site just a tiny bit of work needed.

good luck

Okay, For the first thing, the images. The images are 150x150. And in admin I changed them to 100x100. Thats probably why they are fuzzy, I will see what I can do to make them clearer.

The loading of the header, how would I go about having it load only on the initial load of the page? Im not that into php yet, and any suggestion would be nice.

My business has been registered sence 2004, but the page has been in the works for just as long. I havent started putting in items in all the cat's yet due to it taking so much time. And spening that time with an un-finished page, just to loose it all would be foolish.

Any more suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thank alot for the ones I have already received.

Dont make the flash reload on every page it is really anoying.

Unfortunately I have to agree. The flash itself is great on the index load, after that it gets a bit redundant. Very refreshing to see some flash work though, good work over all.

Okay, I have made the stationary Flash. How would I go about loading the moving flash only on the first hit of the day? and the stationary flash for the rest of the day? Any Ideas???

Hello Iv updated my page some what. And Added things to comply with the rules here on the forums. ITs been some time sence I created this page, most if it was taken up by getting the shop up and ready to open.

What I need is some general critisism, and some input on Ideas I have, or things Id like the page to do at certain times.

Here is a link to My Webpage

The things I have ideas for are:

There is a portion on my page about partners, Id like there to a number of differnt "Sections" to show up there, Random like. so instead of partners all the time on all pages, I could have a differnt one on every page or every refresh.

The second thing is to change the way the welcome message is, and Id like to make it look nicer.

Any ideas, and critisism is great, thanks allot.

Hotwire

I guess I am too late to see the FLASH changes - I do like your mouseovers though! If you are able to correctly modify the code in order to display the FLASH on the home page only, please let us know - I for one, would be greatly interested in such a technique.

and now for my two cents worth:

[1].

I am sorry to have to say that I am overwhelmed with the amount of typo's" I found throughout the site. If you do not already know then I offer this: the best way to proof-read your own work is to read it backwards, forcing you to studying each word carefully and it makes it very easy to spot typo. If you don't see the many count I found, let me know - I'll make you a list.

[2].

In regards to your PARTNERS statement: I didn't see a "small list" to the right - is there really one? And I am uncertain whether such a statement belongs at the foot of your Home page as well - maybe keep it on the "about Us" page ??? or use it for a heading on the Forums page ???

[3].

When your images are offering an enlargement I strongly feel those images should blow up HUGE - certainly not stay the same size as what I just clicked on... wouldn't you agree that enlarging is for the sole purpose to be able to get up close and see the details!

[4].

I couldn't find a link back to the home page, or any page for that matter after going to your "forums" page - I strongly feel all pages should have a return path, especially to the home page.

[5].

My last offering would be to NOT offer a Shipping and Return Policy page if you are not going to have some terms identified! It's a very sensitive area to NOT overlook!

That's all I have for my critiqueing -- can't wait til my site gets totally trashed by the critics!

Take care and best of succccccesses for your endeavors!

Babs

Babs

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

"What has been, has been, what will come, will come.

Our job is to learn from the past, keep looking ahead, and find joy in each moment."

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Okay here are my replies:

[1] I agree, Im no speller. I have a tonn of mistakes that need to be proof read. There are mistakes upon mistakes. What I need is to get some to go through it, make a list and I can go from there.

[2] I agree about the partners portion. That is one of my pet peves. I need to put that some where else, get rid of it, or somthing.

[3] I am working on the images thing. I have to put on some mod that down sizes images for the product page, and upsizes them for the pop up "Enlarge" page.

[4] The forums are a new addition. I am still working on that. And some thines are on the plate still.

[5] The shipping policy is yet to be determined. And the returm policy is also in the rough. So things are in the works. I have to get a contract with a shipping company to make deffinate policy set up.

I printed this page off, and Ill keep it for my benifit, to keep track of things. or as a reminder. Thank again for your help. Any suggestions for these issues would be great.

Okay here are my replies:

[1]  I agree, Im no speller. I have a tonn of mistakes that need to be proof read. There are mistakes upon mistakes. What I need is to get some to go through it, make a list and I can go from there.

[2]  I agree about the partners portion. That is one of my pet peves. I need to put that some where else, get rid of it, or somthing.

[3]  I am working on the images thing. I have to put on some mod that down sizes images for the product page, and upsizes them for the pop up "Enlarge" page.

[4]  The forums are a new addition. I am still working on that. And some thines are on the plate still.

[5]  The shipping policy is yet to be determined. And the returm policy is also in the rough. So things are in the works. I have to get a contract with a shipping company to make deffinate policy set up.

I printed this page off, and Ill keep it for my benifit, to keep track of things. or as a reminder. Thank again for your help. Any suggestions for these issues would be great.

I would happy to help with spell schecking / proofreading ... just let me know whenever it is that you are done with all your text entries.

Best of succcccess!

Babs

Babs

"What has been, has been, what will come, will come.

Our job is to learn from the past, keep looking ahead, and find joy in each moment."

What can I do about my front page? I would like just a row of the 3 newest items near the bottom of the page, And Id like to ad in some announcments, news, and customer comments. If you can point me to a module that lets me control the content on the front page please do. Thank you, I have searched but to no avail. Thanks again.

Ive done some editing, some modding, and changes. I was hoping that some one would come and give things a look. Im still looking for away to have the front page look a little differnt. Id like it to have 1 row with 3 items on it. And to be able to have the portion about the partners chagange and be edit able.

• 1 month later...

I followed the link in your post and received this error when opening your site:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'MAX_DISPLAY_LATEST_NEWS' at line 1

Nothing other than error message showed.

• 2 weeks later...

The link has been fixed, so have the errors, I have not added in any items yet, they will be coming very very soon I hope. Well, within the next month or so. There are alot of things to add in and change.

Site looks pretty good.

I like the minimalist simple look.

I had the same thing going on my site

I had just had blue and white

but after some suggestions to add some color I made some changes

and I am really glad I did so I would recomend adding a least one or two colors

This site helped me out alot.

It teaches you a little about color and has a great wizard that gives you complimentary colors etc

So you can get good ideas for a color scheme

Web Whirlers colors on the web

I really liked your header buttons.

Are they Flash?

Yeah, They are flash. The whole header is flash acctualy. And thank you about the compliments about the site. I am planning on editing the site so that there isa little more color, hence the blue "Image Not Available" Icons, There are going to be many colors with the acctual product images, so That will hopfuly copensate for some of the bland ness.

Im going to make sure that I do how ever have seasonal themes setup for the header, like for Xmas, halloween, thanksgiving, easter, and other hollidays. I just have to figure that part out. Im sure that Flash can do that. I think I may make up CSS for the differnt seasons, and have the script call the appropriate css according to the dates.

One thing Im having trouble with is the Page Title. I have modded this site quite a bit. And I guess doing so has caused some issues. I am hoping that some one can help me out with this. To try and get the page title to work like normal again. Please? :blush:

Archived