• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

email notification not working

I searched for the answer, but couldn't find it. I am not too sure about the search engine on here.

However, I have a peculiar problem. When someone places an order on my site and agrees to pay by money order or check, I get two identical emails, both have the same email id number. The buyer also gets two identical emails with the same id number, but different from the number the seller gets.

When a person checks out thru PayPal, I get the paypal notice and the money, but neither buyer nor seller gets the email from osC about the order. The paypal paid order doesn't show up in the list of sales nor does the inventory count drop.

Thank you

Buck

i was having the same problem with the paypal module. the paypal ipn contribution will take care of the inventory and add it to the list of sales. i still don't get the e-mail from osc though

When a person checks out thru PayPal, I get the paypal notice and the money, but neither buyer nor seller gets the email from osC about the order.  The paypal paid order doesn't show up in the list of sales nor does the inventory count drop.

You need to go to your account with Pay Pal and sign up for their 'Auto-Return' feature, and this will solve the problem with the standard Pay Pal module.

Vger

I searched for the answer, but couldn't find it.  I am not too sure about the search engine on here.

However, I have a peculiar problem.  When someone places an order on my site and agrees to pay by money order or check, I get two identical emails, both have the same email id number.  The buyer also gets two identical emails with the same id number, but different from the number the seller gets.

When a person checks out thru PayPal, I get the paypal notice and the money, but neither buyer nor seller gets the email from osC about the order.  The paypal paid order doesn't show up in the list of sales nor does the inventory count drop.

Thank you

Buck

• 3 weeks later...
You need to go to your account with Pay Pal and sign up for their 'Auto-Return' feature, and this will solve the problem with the standard Pay Pal module.

Vger

Thank you! :)

PP instructions are incorrect to find the option, but a Google for 'Auto-Return' takes me to the page where I needed to make the change.

I'll test it soon.

Thanks

Buck

Yesterday I scrapped everything and started over, but this time I am carefully documenting each and every step.

I found the link at PP and made the change, but it still didn't work. After uninstalling and reinstalling osCommerce and the Basic osC template, it worked perfectly.

Thank you again,

Buck

Archived