• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

IIS Configuration on Windows XP Pro

shawnj

I am trying to configure osCommerce on a Windows XP Pro computer (locally - so I can get familiar with the software). Is is possible to install and configure osCommerce with IIS?

My current environment is IIS 5.0, PHP 5.0.2, and MySql. When I try and use the web installation it does not get past the page for doing the database import.

I read an article that explained how to create and import the database directly into MySql, which I have done. I even wrote a php page that displays the John Doe sampe record in the address_book table, so I am pretty certain the database is setup correctly.

However, when I try and directly open the localhost/catalog/index.php page I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in D:\My Downloads\OsCommerce\oscommerce-2.2ms2\catalog\includes\functions\database.php on line 19

Thanks for help in advance

-Shawn

The problem with using IIS is that it's not a simple all-in-one setup. You'll need to read various articles on these forums about using IIS with osCommerce. I do know that you'll need to edit some of your settings, in httpd.conf and/or php.ini to get IIS working correctly.

My advice to you, which would save you a lot of trouble in the long run, is to dump IIS and install an all-in-one Apache web server package like XAMPP (http://www.apachefriends.org/en). This is truly a 1-click install, and includes Apache, PHP 5 + 4, MySQL, PHP My Admin, Open SSL, Mail Server, FileZilla FTP Client etc.

Vger

Vger;

Thanks for the advice. Everything is working now. On a side note, I did end up finding a bug report that stated that there were installation wizard issues with using PHP 5, which I was. Before I installed xampp I tried IIS with php 4.4 and it worked without issue.

-Shawn

Archived