• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipping and handling ???

BHendrix

Hello...

I am in need of some help. I have my site going good. However when I try to place my terms and condition all on one page (languages/......../shipping.php) it gives me this. I am placing my code below, if you can help me I would greatly appreciate it!!!! Thanks! Brandi

<?php
/*
 $Id: shipping.php,v 1.4 2002/11/19 01:48:08 dgw_ Exp $
 osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com
 Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce
 Released under the GNU General Public License
*/
define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Customer Service');
define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Customer Service');
define('TEXT_INFORMATION', 'Welcome To Our Store')<br>
('<b>Free shipping</b> applies to all orders over $35 being shipped to a contiguous United States address.  Orders under $35 will be charged $4.95.  Free shipping is done via ground service through a carrier of our choice.  Free shipping does not apply to customers in AK, HI, PR or international destinations, however we do offer affordable shipping rates to these locations.
Most orders ship within 3 business days. If you prefer a certain shipping method, please let us know.
If you need an item shipped UPS NEXT DAY AIR, you must email us at [email protected].<br>
<b>Collars, Harnesses & Muzzles Sizes</b><br>
We sell for several different manufacturers. Each manufacturer size their products differently. Please check each item for sizing instructions. Please measure your dog with the chart supplied!<br><br>
<b>HOW TO PLACE AN ORDER</b><br>
Internet:<br>
All orders placed through our website will receive an order confirmation upon submission. Please check your order confirmation for mistakes. If you have a mistake on your order form, please email us as soon as possible.
If you place a order and then want to cancel your order and it has already shipped, we can not refund your postage. If you placed an order and did not receive an e-mail confirmation please email [email protected].<br><br>
Fax:<br>
You can fax an order to us at 1-866-756-1013 Orders submitted by fax must be paid for by a credit card.<br><br>
Mail:<br>
Customers who wish to order by mail, can do so by sending their order, with a money order to the address below.<br><br>

Credit Card orders:<br>
Billing name,address & phone number must match what your bank has on record for you, or your order will be delayed.<br><br>
PayPal:<br>
A paypal link is on the last page of check out.<br><br>
Order Cancellations<br>
If you need to cancel a order, please email us as soon as possible. Once the order has shipped we can not give a refund on the postage charge.<br><br>
Exchanges/Refunds<br>
Please do not send soiled, used or dirty merchandise back to us. We can not refund items that have been damaged or soiled by your pet. We can not give a refund unless the items are new and unused. <b>We do not refund the postage charge.</b><br><br>
Exchange: Best Way<br>
If you need a different size or color, please place another order for the correct item. Send the new and unused item back to us within 15 days with a copy of the invoice for a refund. No postage will be refunded. Please allow up to 30 days for for a credit to show up on your account.<br><br>
Exchange: Slow Way<br>
Send the new and unused item back to us within 15 days with a copy of the invoice and new size or color wanted. Please include $4.95 for return shipping back to you. It could take up to 3 weeks for you to receive the exchanged item.<br><br>
Refund:<br>
Send the new and unused item back to us within 15 days with a copy of the invoice. Please write refund on the invoice. <b>No postage will be refunded.</b>
Please allow up to 30 days for a credit to show up on your account.<br><br>
<b>Address:</b><br> SunFlower Pet Supplies<br>1114 E. 6th Street<br>Douglass, KS. 67039
');

You have quoting errors in your language file. Remember that every apostrophe must be preceded with a backslash when inside a string that uses apostrophe delimiters. So for example you would write something like:

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', 'We don\'t ship by carrier pigeon');

Go through your text carefully and look for this problem. Using a PHP-aware editor such as Dreamweaver can help a lot by color-coding string literals.

Also - if you continue text onto another line, you have to use PHP concatenation. So you probably want to start something like this:

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', 'Welcome To Our Store<br>' . 
'<b>Free shipping</b> applies to all orders over $35 being shipped to a contiguous United States address.  Orders

Actually, you don't need to use the dot to separate continued strings. This would work:

define('TEXT_INFORMATION', 'Welcome To Our Store <br> 
<b>Free shipping</b> applies to all orders over $35 being shipped to a contiguous United States address. Orders under $35 will be charged $4.95. Free shipping is done via ground service through a carrier of our choice. Free shipping does not apply to customers in AK, HI, PR or international destinations, however we do offer affordable shipping rates to these locations.

Note that the ') on the first line is gone and the (' on the second line is gone.

Archived