• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Integrating osCommerce into other page

sebconn

Hi there,

I'm running osCommerce in a "shop" directory of my website, keeping it seperate from the main site. But I would like to integrate certain areas of oscommerce into the main site. For example list the categories accross a sidebar of the main site. and maybe have new products displayed on that page also, displaying links to new products etc.

I'm able to write my own queries to list categories etc. However I was wondering if anyone else out there has done a similar thing or if there's any documentation into doing this easily to save some time.

Cheers,

If your main site is also PHP, it should be pretty easily done by including application_top.php and then including whatever module or box you want. You'll also need to add the appropriate styles to your stylesheet.

I am also trying to do something like that, what I need is to have the "what's new" box with the products rotating on my main site, which is NOT in PHP. My main site is over 8,000 pages (html and cgi) and I just created my store and would like the products to rotate on alll my site, any help will be much appreciated!

The page has to be parsed by PHP. You can add this to your .htaccess:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .html

to get .html files parsed by PHP. Your "CGI" pages (Perl, perhaps), would be another problem entirely.

Another possibility is to have a cron job, if your host permits, periodically run a script (based on the new_products.php module) to create a static HTML file that you then include (with server-side include if possible, or your CGI script) on your other pages.

Several contributions for osCommerce content outside of the store. Should check them out. Might help. :)

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Archived