• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

session start problem in admin

got my site set up ok but having a problem with admin:

this is in the header

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp\sess_ff3360c48997bfb77c6f42ffed62705f, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in c:\websites\isabellthompson142\izzythompson.com\admin\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 67

how do I go about fixing this?

thanks

BTW this tool is pretty freakin cool - many props to the developers and all the contributors out there!

- Scott

I tried both recommendations - removing whitespace in the sessions PHP file and making sure force cookie use is true - no dice

The problem is only on the admin side - the frontend works fine,...

I think the problem is that I dont have a TMP directory in the right spot??? where is that supposed to reside and is it just 1 directory??

thanks!

I tried both recommendations - removing whitespace in the sessions PHP file and making sure force cookie use is true - no dice

The problem is only on the admin side - the frontend works fine,...

I think the problem is that I dont have a TMP directory in the right spot??? where is that supposed to reside and is it just 1 directory??

thanks!

This happens when some html header due to echo or any warning has been sent.

If header has been sent then you cannot statr a session or do a redirect.

PLease check waht was echoed.

You neeed to allow Notify all for thta.

Satish Mantri

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

got my site set up ok but having a problem with admin:

this is in the header

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp\sess_ff3360c48997bfb77c6f42ffed62705f, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in c:\websites\isabellthompson142\izzythompson.com\admin\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 67

how do I go about fixing this?

thanks

BTW this tool is pretty freakin cool - many props to the developers and all the contributors out there!

- Scott

Please check your path are not standard unox path you need to avoid \ slashes if its a linux server and secondly a mix of slashes /tmp\sess_ff3360c48997bfb77c6f42ffed62705f, O_RDWR is to be avoided plus check if the folder exist and a proper [permission has been set.

Satish Mantri

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Problem solved -

the temp folder was not in the right spot - I had it in the root, my bad - it belongs in

admin/includes/functions/tmp

that fixes my left nav not showing up in admin as well as got rid of those pesky error messages

Eureka!

Archived