• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PHP Designer 2005 Software?

wycliffe

Does anyone work in this software? and if so is it good for those learning PHP? Any help would be great!

It seems to be the best free editor at the moment by popular choice due to the functionality but it won't help you learn php. If you want something that tells you what you've written is rubbish or suggests what to type next etc. (tooltiptext & autocomplete) you're looking at paying decent money. Dreamwaver is the best for just about everything but it's expensive!

Light, in the absence of eyes, illuminates nothing.

It seems to be the best free editor at the moment by popular choice due to the functionality but it won't help you learn php. If you want something that tells you what you've written is rubbish or suggests what to type next etc. (tooltiptext & autocomplete) you're looking at paying decent money. Dreamwaver is the best for just about everything but it's expensive!

I have Dreamweaver, but when I open up a page say for instance my index.php. Is shows nothing. Am I opening it wrong?

I have Dreamweaver, but when I open up a page say for instance my index.php. Is shows nothing. Am I opening it wrong?

When editing php files neighter dreamweaver or phpdesigner will show you the pages end result as with html, but by choosing code view mode you will se the php code which will also be nicly color coded for easier editing.

Well obviously that isn't normal for a Web Editor. Yes Dreamweaver Support PHP, and many other languages. I have experienced your problem before but it was only due to my trial being expired. If this isn't the case you could possibly try reinstalling Dreamweaver to see if this corrects the problem.

A way to open a php document (there are many others though) follow steps,

Open File > search for your .php document select it and press open... If this doesn't work I can't really help you. You could also try going to the Dreamweaver page and clicking around on their support topics.

Don't know much else what to say, I've been using Dreamweaver for years now.

-Edit,

Ah, I forgot about the function Design view... I've ever only used Code View

When editing php files neighter dreamweaver or phpdesigner will show you the pages end result as with html, but by choosing code view mode you will se the php code which will also be nicly color coded for easier editing.

There's no such thing as a wysiwyg php editor but dw, php designer and most of the other good ones let you run what you've coded to see what it does. I'm sure dw lets you step through code which is the main debug bonus (I've not used it but I read that somewhere, like visual basic...) The only way to see what you get is in a browser anyway so wysiwig's usefulness isn't so great in a web environ than in a desktop app envirion. Just about anything better than notepad colour codes including php designer!

Here's a question for the experts, is there anything for php that's as good as interdev is for asp?

Light, in the absence of eyes, illuminates nothing.

Archived