• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PayPAL Issue

x4ntos

Hello

I hope, that there will be someone, Who will find a sec to help me figure out solutions for two problems I have with my oSC. I'd be very grateful for that.

1. I installed, Paypal IPN ( PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN_v3.1.5 ) on my website to have a better control over the payments, but it looks like it's not working properly.

Let's assume such situation

- Customer Finds my website somwehere on google, he/she gets on it and finds few things, that are interesting.

- Customer Creates an account and makes an order

- He/She gets through the checkout phase ( chooses shipping and payment option - there's only one payment option available and it's paypal )

- Then, The customer gets forwared on the paypal site, where he makes the payment.

I don't know what happeneds next, but it's something, that shouldn't be happeneing for sure, because the items customer has bought aren't being taken out of stock on my Osc :( It's really a trouble for me beacuse I have to check my paypal if the payment has been made and if it's ok, than i have to go to website and take items from the order "by hand" out of stock.

I think that, script schould be doing this.

To preecede further questions i'll write what other contributions I'm using, maybe some of them are not compatible with Paypal IPN, or maybe I need to install something else, that'll be taking care of my stock. As i have written, it's causing me a lot of trouble as I mainly sell unique items.

Contributions I use:

- Extra Pages Infobox Version 4.3.zip

- GoogleXMLSitemap_1.zip ( by chemo )

- Center_800px_Page_Using_CSS.zip

- All Products.zip

- OnTheFly_GDThumbs_1_5.zip

- easy_populate - I don't know what version it is

- loginbox v2.2a.zip

- SiteMap-MS2-2.3.zip

- Updated spiders

- CSS-Buttons-Everywhere-Update-3-21-July-2005_1.zip

- PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN_v3.1.5.tar.gz

- HeaderTags_V_2.5.4_1_2.zip

- Ultimate_SEO_URLs_v2.1c.zip

Would appreciate any answers.

x4ntos

Hello,

stock updation is not a Paypal IPN issue.

The contribution you added should have some lines that you need to add to the IPN so that the stocks can be modified.

Please check whether you added some lines to Paypal IPN or rather i suggest that when you confirm delivery at that time your code should handle the stock option.

Satish Mantri

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Hmm... I'm not sure If I understood it well, damn osc - soo complicated :P However still the best ! :)

You said, that when i change status of the order in admin panel to delivered, than items will be taken out of stock ?

I don't remember adding any lines to paypal IPN, that weren't mentioned in instruction.

I know I'm stupid ( :P ) but could You please elaborate a bit more ?

Regards and thx for answer,

x4ntos

Hmm... I'm not sure If I understood it well, damn osc - soo complicated :P However still the best ! :)

You said, that when i change status of the order in admin panel to delivered, than items will be taken out of stock ?

I don't remember adding any lines to paypal IPN, that weren't mentioned in instruction.

I know I'm stupid ( :P ) but could You please elaborate a bit more ?

Regards and thx for answer,

x4ntos

post your admin -> stock options

as for that second question, setting items quantity lower for things in carts and releasing if not bought would be custom coding.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Archived