• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

new to this have install problems

idlerob

i know this post may be else where but i didnt understand their replys.

Ive tried installing oscommerce on my hosting server but i get the following error:

osCommerce Configuration

The following error has occurred:

The configuration files do not exist, or permission levels are not set.

Please perform the following actions:

cd /home/wantitmu/public_html/catalog/includes/

touch configure.php

chmod 706 configure.php

cd /home/wantitmu/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/

touch configure.php

chmod 706 configure.php

If chmod 706 does not work, please try chmod 777.

If you are running this installation procedure under a Microsoft Windows environment, try renaming the existing configuration file so a new file can be created.

I do not fully understand this and what i need to do to solve it. If someone could be so kind to explain what i need to do in an easy format i would be grately appreciative.

i would even give someone access to the ftp files so they could quickly sort the problem for me.

thanks

You are getting this error message because for the two configure.php files to be set up by the install procedure that install procedure has to be able to write to them. This error message says that those two files cannot be written to, which means there are insufficient permissions on the includes folders and/or the configure.php files.

Use the File Manager in your web hosting control panel to set permissions on the two includes folders and the two configure.php files to 777 (full permissions) for the install procedure. You'll have to reset the two configure.php files (probably to 644) after the install is completed.

Vger

Archived