• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Static Store - no database

belowme29

Currently I am using Roman Cart, and I would like to host my own store.

The thing that I am confused about is trying to setup my pages (I generate thumbnail galeries using ReaGallery, which creates html pages quickly - I'm a wedding photographer) so that they generate with an "add to cart" button that has all of the info associated with it. I post ~ 700 new images every week and currently have over 10,000 images on my site now. How do I go about coding the add cart into my pages so that I do not have to use EasyPopulate or enter in every picture into a database? Each picture can be ordered in various sizes.

Thanks.

Bruce N.

Currently I am using Roman Cart,  and I would like to host my own store.

The thing that I am confused about is trying to setup my pages (I generate thumbnail galeries using ReaGallery, which creates html pages quickly - I'm a wedding photographer) so that they generate with an "add to cart" button that has all of the info associated with it. I post ~ 700 new images every week and currently have over 10,000 images on my site now. How do I go about coding the add cart into my pages so that I do not have to use EasyPopulate or enter in every picture into a database? Each picture can be ordered in various sizes.

Thanks.

Bruce N.

I would find someone who could write a (perl?) script for you that would automate the process. One of the music stores www.ItsAboutMusic.com using OSCommerce, has a system that has automated the process of adding loads of MP3 files to their db

Maybe they would adapt it for you...sounds quite a similar concept

Steve

I looked at the music stores www.ItsAboutMusic.com and it seemed like they are using a database. This seems like it will still need a lot more work then what I am thinking about.

Is it possible to run OsCommerce without a database? Agora cart seems to have this capability, but it is not offered on a service provider that I am looking to migrate to.

B.

I looked at the music stores www.ItsAboutMusic.com and it seemed like they are using a database. This seems like it will still need a lot more work then what I am thinking about.

Is it possible to run OsCommerce without a database? Agora cart seems to have this capability, but it is not offered on a service provider that I am looking to migrate to.

B.

They are using a db, but have automated the process of filling it with new tracks which is what you want to do with your photos. They were quite helpful when I contacted them and as you are not in the same area of business as them, may well be willing to help you (for a charge)

Nothing Ventured etc

Steve

Archived