Enable download true

Download by redirect true

Expiry delay (days) 7

Max downloads 5

Catalog/Products Attributes:

I have put opctc.zip in the filename box and inserted the record

That same filename that exists in my downloads directory that has chmod 755 set

the pub folder exists and has chmod 777 set

both folders are under the catalog root and i recieve no red error bars from my configuration.

However once the transaction is completed at paypal, clicking on the return to merchant site button brings the user back to a page congratulating their purchase telling them it has been shipped but presents no download link or information. I receive the money fine, they just don't get squat : )

I followed the download guide from the knowledge base. Then I tried searching forums all day and most of tonight. I'm completely stumped, this thing is like 90 percent working for me and it's killing me that I can't get the download part working. I was hoping that maybe someone has seen this behavior before?

Anyway thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Download:

Enable download              true

Download by redirect        true

Expiry delay (days)          7

Max downloads                5

Catalog/Products Attributes:

I have put opctc.zip in the filename box and inserted the record

That same filename that exists in my downloads directory that has chmod 755 set

the pub folder exists and has chmod 777 set

both folders are under the catalog root and i recieve no red error bars from my configuration.

However once the transaction is completed at paypal, clicking on the return to merchant site button brings the user back to a page congratulating their purchase telling them it has been shipped but presents no download link or information.  I receive the money fine, they just don't get squat : )

I followed the download guide from the knowledge base. Then I tried searching forums all day and most of tonight.  I'm completely stumped, this thing is like 90 percent working for me and it's killing me that I can't get the download part working.  I was hoping that maybe someone has seen this behavior before?

Anyway thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Are you using the latest version of Download Controller?

Try setting redirect to false for starters

Steve

isn't the download controller built in?

i thought setting up the directories and turning the options on for download in the admin panel were setting up the download controller.

i've tried turning off redirect, no luck

i'll gladly download the contribution, but is it not supposed to work out of a stock 2.2 install?

I've installed the user contribution download controller 5.0 and now i get these errors from the

Payment and Shipping Modules section of the admin page:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_free_charger() in /var/www/catalog/includes/modules/payment/authorizenet.php on line 22

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_free_shipper() in /var/www/catalog/includes/modules/shipping/flat.php on line 23

i've got a backup i can revert to, but now i'm totally confused as to what's wrong with downloads or what if anything i should be adding to get them working.

Like you I downloaded the Download controller and have now got this error on confirm order.

1054 - Unknown column 'comments' in 'field list'

insert into orders (customers_id, customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, date_purchased, last_modified, orders_status, comments, currency, currency_value) values ('2', etc

[TEP STOP]

I have seen a post in here somewhere that has a major fix. I'll try and find it again.

Like you I downloaded the Download controller and have now got this error on confirm order.

1054 - Unknown column 'comments' in 'field list'

insert into orders (customers_id, customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, date_purchased, last_modified, orders_status, comments, currency, currency_value) values ('2', etc

[TEP STOP]

I have seen a post in here somewhere that has a major fix. I'll try and find it again.

Going to try downloads controller V5.3

Archived