The e-commerce.

fast easy checkout

nana

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to the question if anybody has a live store using FEC -

Yes - I have 2 in fact, although they run off the same database.

Mine is a slightly modified version of FEC - although I did the mods like 5 months ago and can barely remember what they were. Please DON'T submit mock orders - this is a LIVE store! But you can go all the way throught the checkout if you like - just don't complete the sale as that would be highly annoying for us to sort out.

http://www.musicalspanish.com/shop

Also wanted to point out that IMHO people should really think about donating to Frank aka Nana - as he has worked very hard on this mod - and offers tech support to people for free - which has to be time consuming. If you use this mod, I think it's only right to compensate the author for his ongoing efforts (particularly if you've asked him for help!).

I would love to see a truly 1 page checkout system, if anybody has a line on that let me know!

warm wishes to all

Stace

Edited by stace20

speaking of passwords... for the randomly generated password; the customer never receives a copy of their password in the registration email. could i have missed an edit?

has anyone figured out a solution to this?

the customer does not recive a password because store does not claim that it had created an account but it invites them to follow the link to create one

you can always change the wording and link in the email if you want

yes

Nana,

Thanks for your reponse again, I changed the paths in create_account and did the same in create_account3 as you had specified to tom - It worked! I can now get the login box etc etc...but have ran into a couple more problems. I have implemented your password fix also.

I am confused as in this thread somewhere you have said you have set the 'create account' radio button on but on my screen the 'no thanks...' is selected which is also confusing as the * should be next to 'yes please...' shouldn't it - is the text the wrong way around?

Also in the login box I am getting LOGINBOX_EXSISTING_CUSTOMER and LOGINBOX_EMAIL etc - is this correct - if so where do I change the text or is something now working correctly? Also get LOGIN_TEXT_PASSWORDLOGIN_FORGOT_PASSWORD, the forgot password is linked to the right page.

Same with getting ENTRY_CREATEACCOUNT in create account box?

I also get the log off in the top nav text when i reach the shipping page when i havent created an account, I have read your posts on this so do i implement the changes you specify (could you point me to the most up to date ones please?)

After confirming order i get a parse error: unexpected { in account_password_new.php on line 237 - typo?

After this error the cart is emptied but i am still logged in even though i haven't created account!

Sorry for the long post, if you could clear any of these up that would be fantastic.

Thank you

Becki

:rolleyes:

the customer does not recive a password because store does not claim that it had created an account but it invites them to follow the link to create one

you can always change the wording and link in the email if you want

the customer ticks the "yes, create me an account" box and still doesn't receive the password.. did i mix something up?

Frank...

Perhaps I'm the guinnea pig that you need for v3.1.

When I implement the following line

if(tep_session_is_registered('createaccount')) tep_redirect(tep_href_link ('account_password_new.php','thx=1'));}

in checkout_success then checkout_success doesn't show in browser at purchase completion and the following error is written into my php error log

[01-Dec-2005 18:08:48] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in c:\program files\apache group\Apache\htdocs\store.working.ccgv.fec\checkout_success.php on line 19

When I remove the line it works like a charm.

-------------------------

The problem is a syntax error in the line of code. There is a "{" missing right before "tep_redirect("

It should read:

if(tep_session_is_registered('createaccount')) {tep_redirect(tep_href_link ('account_password_new.php','thx=1'));}

I hate errors like that.... sometimes they can be killer ones to find.

Hi All,

It works just fine, the page get created quite nice.

Only one thing, we have shipping dependend payment options, or payment depended shipping options just how you call it, if I press on payment option who have more shipping options the shipping options in the bottom won't be updated automaticly, is there a fix for it?

vanpuffelen

no for the first time i have to say i do not think that this would workfor you.

you can probably do something with ajax to load the new payment modules but i don't know if you would want to go that route

eli thanks for finding that

Edited by nana

Frank,

First of all, I have to give you a virtual pat on the back for this contribution. IMHO this is the way the default system should be setup. The more clicks, the more chance of a customer backing out. I also have read post after post and applaud you on your dedication to this board.

Ok, so now for my problem...

;^)

I seem to be working with a different version of "create_account.php" than on your "seelily.com/fec" version.

On my create_account file, the password area at the bottom has the red asterisk next to the "No" option, rather than above next to the phrase "Would You Like to Create Account?" as in yours. Also, on mine -- if I select "No", the validation code still forces me to enter a password -- even though I selected "No'.

Also, for the life of me -- I can't get the "account_password_new.php" file to show anything. Just a blank screen.

I started from a new installation of oscommerce 2.2, and used contribution 3.1. I have also implemented the java show-hide pass fix, and the 2 newer language fixes listed.

Here are my questions...

1. Did I miss some important needed code because I didn't begin with an older version (eg. 1.5, 2.0, etc.)

2. Is there an area I could download copies of the files you're using at seelily.com/fec?

Thanks in advance,

Eli

i will be uploading all the files again in a few days. i am going over them to make sure there is no problem

i would like to recommend everyone to leave fec as the last contribution that you install and check to make sure everything else works properly.

that is because if you install this first other people can not give you any help with their contribution and that would create problems for you.

Installed your contribution, Very Nice actually its just what i needed.

I have the same problem pretty much im using the create_account3.php from the contrib and that works fine now after a little tweaking, but when the customers trys to create a new account the password box is missing, tried to adapt but its going a bit mad, putting the right column in its place just a bit messed up

Please help me!

Installed the 3.1 and it still has a few issues because i removed all countries and had to solve that one using the threads here to find the answers but so simple really maybe a contrib update?

Thanks for the hard work! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:huh: I have edited all files backed up existing files But? I am getting this error: /public_html/osCommerce/catalog/includes/functions/database.php on line 13. and do I edit my Index.php file to disable the login text. would appreciate any information Thanks

leroy

what page you are getting the error

what is the complete error

you have o change the language file

includes/languages/english/index.php if i remember

Edited by nana

Nana,

Fistly thank you very much for your time answering these questions, I've been looking around the thread for hours now and fixed some problems but not all - sorry for taking up your time.

1) I still get this error when i click on confirm order:

parse error: unexpected { in account_password_new.php on line 237 ???

2) I also get the * in ' next to No, thanks, this is a one time purchase. * ', shouldnt this be next to 'YES...' how can I change it?

3) I want to fix the problem of being logged on even when i have selected don't create account - do I use your code from here: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...ic=167064&st=20

This is the second page of the topic and thought this will be out of date or should already be in FEC3.1 i have installed - although i did check and it doesnt all seem to be.

4) Should i install your java hide password contribution?

5) I also implemented the two language fixes from the contributions but have read a reply you have made to someone telling them to add some code to english.php - is this the prefered method compared to the fixes on the contribution board, I seemed to have lost some formatting with the contribution fix?

6) What is create_account3 used for? I was reading one of your replies to a problem and you asked which create_account their using, does this matter?

Thank you very much, you're a star :)

Sorry for being dumb - we all learn once!

Becki

Edited by Becki

becki

1-i think in line 237 there is no space before or after the if make sure there is one and it will solve your problem

2-this is in the includes/account_box.php you can cut and paste it to where you want

3-you are loged in with a temporary account which will not be accesable once you logoff

4-look at my site http://seelily.com this will answer your 4&6

5-if it works it is good that addition i have not tried but is valid abd correct as long as it works

if you guys test the

http://seelily.com

i now have three diffrent options for create account and fixed the javascripts to work correctly for errors

if you would test and let me know of the bugs i can fix and publish it earlier

thx

if you guys test the

http://seelily.com

i now have three diffrent options for create account and fixed the javascripts to work correctly for errors

if you would test and let me know of the bugs i can fix and publish it earlier

thx

Hi Frank,

My personal favorite of the 4 checkout options you have (create_account, create_account1, create_account2, create_account3) is your version of "create_account.php". The only addition I would consider for that page, is to integrate the popup "shipping address" area similar to the one you have on "create_account3".

I was able to find only a couple of bugs with your seelily.com example.

1. After the personal information, when you reach the credit card info page, it chokes when you do the following:

a. If you just click "Continue" without selecting a payment method

b. If you just click "Continue" without entering a credit card number

c. If you just click "Continue" using an old expiration date

d. If you click "Update Total"

I hope this helps. Looking forward to your latest upload.

Eli

Thanks Nana,

I looked at your 3 checkout pages, all seemed to work apart from after i created an account with the first checkout button (left hand side) when i came back to the main screen and clicked on another checkout button the page just seemed to refresh. Also with the create account 3 the shipping table (after clicking the link) doesn't line up with the billing table. I like create account 3 - is this create_account 3 that came with the fec 3.1 i installed?

I fixed the error from previous post thanks. Couple more qu's though:

1) As much as I've looked I can't see where the * is in includes/fec/account_box ?

2) When I don't create an account, go through the checkout and then get delivered to the chance to create account (account_password_new.php), when i fill in the password and click create account i get taken to my shopping cart which is empty and another time to the main welcome page (which did welcome me as the name i'd just created)? Shouldn't it go to an account confirmation page?

3) Also, on this page i fixed 1 heading by defining Heading_Title2 in the fast_account.php the same way as the fixes on the contrib board does. I cannot however fix the My_Password_Title field - where do I define this? Does anyone know where the main text for this page is defined - the 'Your order has been successfully processed......' part?

4) Again on this page if i click end shopping i get the logged off screen saying i my cart contents have been sved etc etc and they will be there next time i logged in, If i was a customer I may be worried about this thinking the website had taken and stored their details etc which they didnt want to happen - does anyone feel the same, could they be redireced to the main page and be logged off without them knowing?

5) Regarding the business of showing the log off link in the nav bar when you don't create an account, I asked about this because it seemed you had posted some code to stop this happening? Is this ready to be implemented?

Many thanks again, I step closer :)

Becki

Edited by Becki

Suggestion?

Would it be complicated to:

On the create_account page at the bottom where you can select Create account or not to create account, would it possible to set the password fields to say a grey colour to make them look disabled out when the user clicks on 'NO, doin't create account' and then back to white background when they click Yes to create an account?

I would like to do that if anyone feels the same and can do it - I'm not a programmer so do not know how easy it would be.

Becki

eli i think i fixed the checkout small problem now i am working on using ajax to get the total. a litle more test and instructions

becki

1- it is not * but something like this

. ' ' . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_GENDER_TEXT) ? '<span class="inputRequirement">' . ENTRY_GENDER_TEXT . '</span>': ''

2-you can change that i think i had that explained somewhere here

3-look in the file itself and you will see the line of code that includes the language file some of them have more than one then you can add it to any of them

Edited by nana

Hi,

Does anyone know where 'TEXT_THANKS_FOR_SHOPPING' is defined, it appears in the account_password_new.php?

Most of the others are in fast_account but cannot see this in there.

Same for text_contact_Store_owner etc

Thanks

Becki