• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

fast easy checkout

nana

YES! I made a new account!

now to see if I can not make an account

Yes! I can order without an account! You are like unto a god! Thank you thank you thank you. It even has my store name on the tabby now which I could not figure out how to do!

Edited by Tres Lunas

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you should be ok

there are a couple of more things

you have to fix the login link in the header remove a little code in create_account3.php and change a little code in create an account just read the last three pages and let me know if you have any other problems

I'm sorry I read over the last three pages 2 or 3 times and I am just not sure what it is I am supose to be changing.

Also is there a way to move the red star from the no account option to the make an account option or possibly remove it all together? to me it looks like it is saying you are required to put a password in if you do not want to make an account.

very good alexandra do you know which version of ccgv you are using

i think up to now every other contribution works with fast easy checkout with some minimal care at the time of instalation.

i have even seen the paypal wpp work with it although don't really know what modifications has to be made

david i have made the create_account by random if you want to take a look before i post it

in the 2.1 i am trying to make everything module so shopowner has more control

Hi Frank,

I gave it a go. There a few things that I found a bit odd.

It let me fill in my details with nothing in my cart. - Not sure yet whether that is a good idea or a bad idea. I just wasn't expecting it.

There's a missing define for one of the headings - MY_PASSWORD_TITLE

What are you supposed to do on the final page if you don't want an account? Do you have to close your bowser window? I couldn't see any other way.

I suppose I could have just clicked onto another website! Silly me.

Edited by radders

Hello there,

Thanks for this much needed contrib. I just installed part-1 with ccgv enabled.

Works like a dream.

However, I do have one very minor problem. When I select different shipping options, the style is supposed to change according to which one is selected (the blue highlight bar). Additionally, the hover property for the selection does not work once I select a different option. The hover does however work before I make any different selection.

Please let me know what the problem could be.

Thanks in advance,

txcrew

Probably I was expected a nice little message telling me what my order number was and indication that I was done before it invited me to create an account.

Now I look again, it does tell me the order was processed but I almost missed it. I think a change of page heading from 'Create Account' back to the normal heading for thecheckout_success would be more reassuring.

Maybe an option to return to the site would be useful here. I might have wanted to browse some more. OK I know that makes more sense if you create an account first.

The email was sent and I created an account successfully.

I noticed that city was a required field in the javascript but didn't have a red star.

I like the little create account option in the header

Edited by radders

well it needs a little work i guess

the only way to this page would be from checkout so you will not see it otherwise

i did not know what to call it but i guess checkout success would work

i will add a continue buttom and maybe a logoff

i will look at the city thing

the email is not complete and have to workout a little better

by the way did you checkout the categoris i am working on leting store owner choose diffrent css and product listing from admin i think i am done with that

Edited by nana

ok i think i got it

this version is going to be very module as far as the pre made pages are concerned.

it is also very easy to upgrade

now for the files that need to be edited i guess i am going to leave it as is and anyone editing the files can decide what they want to do with them

i don't know how to handle mikes contribution i am leaning to having a link to it in the install or i can have it included in my file but i think that might take away from its growth and that would be unfortunate. I think it fills a big gap in oscommerce

maybe on the next version i move the controls to the admin section .

i can also get rid of checkout confirmation but that is diffrent for each store so can not be done in the form of contribution.

please test the sample site and let me know if i missed something

http://seelily.com

Hi Frank,

Yes that worked better. It seems clean and neat. Sorry I was only half awake when I tested it yesterday and I probably didn't make much sense.

Now the only missing element is telling the customer their password. I checked on the screen and couldn't see it and as you mentioned it isn't in the email.

I did check out the css categories but personally I don't like that kind of effect I find it is a bit distracting and detracts form the unity of the shopping experience, although I can see a place for it in a kind of shopping mall situation along with different background images and headers.

David

PS I noticed that having created an account and bought I couldn't checkout a second time with more purchases.

Edited by radders

what do you mean you can not checkout again

register/checkout/logoff/login/checkout

or register/checkout/checkout

no account random password or account

also i have another problem and that is to change password when just registered with a temp password

i have to comeup with a logic for that!!? any idea?

gREAT CONTRIB, JUST WHAT i AM AFTER, BUT i WONDER IF YOU CAN HELP ME WITH ANOTHER ISSUE.

hAVING INSTALLED IT, iT ALLOWS ME TO SPEED UP MY BYPASS ISSUES.

i HAVE A CATALOG i AM BUILDING BUT ITS NOT FOR SHOPPING, USERS WILL BE ABLE TO FILL THE CART AND THEIR CHECKOUT WILL SIMPLY BE A REQUEST FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THE CART CONTENTS.

tO DO THIS, i DO NOT REQUIRE SHIPPING OR PAYMENTS AT ALL, SO WANT TO SIMPLY HAVE A COMMENTS BOX (THE SHIPPING ADDRESS PAGE WILL BE FINE FOR THIS) AND THEN CONFIRMATION FOLLOWED BY SUCCESS.

i AM STUCK IN A LOOP THAT i CANT GET OUT

crap, sorry caps stuck on again.,

Born - Scotland

Location - Kent, England

Job - hunting for one

Sort of, but when you get to the checkout_shipping page, I dont want a payment method or shipping cost area, just shipping address, commens and thats all.

You see its a request for info not a sale of any items.

Born - Scotland

Location - Kent, England

Job - hunting for one

Hi Nana,

I have installed that contrib, its a good one, I like it, and it works fine as it is.

then I went into admin, removed all shipping options, and setup free shipping, to no display, leaving cheque as only payment method, but now when I go to shipping, it displays address, comments, no shipping price, which is perfect, but it loops when I click to continue it just goes back to the shipping address page again?

Any ideas

Born - Scotland

Location - Kent, England

Job - hunting for one

craig this can be done try my sample site again but you have to wait for the next release since you have to use some of the features of the new version and still do some code changes

i will restore my site after 24 hours or so

So the new one will alow a complete bypass of shipping confirmation, payments and shipping options completely, there by allowing me to use the entire OSC as a catalogue with a request information cart rather than buy these products?

Thats perfect, need a hand with it ... lol, if I can be of any help (which I doubt) let me know.

Born - Scotland

Location - Kent, England

Job - hunting for one

Hi - I skimmed for an answer to this and didn't find anything - forgive me if I'm duplicating. I installed everything and I am getting an error (I think). I go to checkout and complete the form, then it displays a page saying "your account has been created!" and:

Congratulations! Your new account has been successfully created! You can now take advantage of member priviledges to enhance your online shopping experience with us. If you have ANY questions about the operation of this online shop, please email the store owner.

A confirmation has been sent to the provided email address. If you have not received it within the hour, please contact us.

I click continue and it takes me to account_password_new.php which has what I think is an error:

HEADING_TITLE2

Create an Account?

ENTRY_CREATEACCOUNT

MY_PASSWORD_TITLE

Help?

Thanks!

Hi - I skimmed for an answer to this and didn't find anything - forgive me if I'm duplicating. I installed everything and I am getting an error (I think). I go to checkout and complete the form, then it displays a page saying "your account has been created!" and:

Congratulations! Your new account has been successfully created! You can now take advantage of member priviledges to enhance your online shopping experience with us. If you have ANY questions about the operation of this online shop, please email the store owner.

A confirmation has been sent to the provided email address. If you have not received it within the hour, please contact us.

I click continue and it takes me to account_password_new.php which has what I think is an error:

HEADING_TITLE2

Create an Account?

ENTRY_CREATEACCOUNT

MY_PASSWORD_TITLE

Help?

Thanks!

They are not errors they are simple defines that are missing from the language file.

Look at english.php and you will see what to do.

craig please use the checkout_shipping that i have posted recently. i have moved checking for the default_address+id a little higher up before checking for modules so it has a value at that point

to do what you see i have removed when it checks to make sure a paymrnt and a shipping method is checked in checkout_confirmation.php

in admin i have removed all shipping methods and all payment methods except cod and have removed the code that displays payment options.

as far as the next version it just makes adding and removing boxed in checkout_shipping.php easier

i am not going to include the code to remove checkout_confirmation.php since it requires changes to more files that i really can not support here since it would be too time consuming