• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

fast easy checkout

nana

Frank,

Fast Easy Checkout worked fine with some quick tests on my dev shop this morning. Then I added your mods sent to me for the extra field at checkout and I'm getting a parse error in at checkout_shipping.php:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /homepages/0/d112133822/htdocs/passifloras/catalog/checkout_shipping.php on line 741

Here's the line:

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

It is the last line of the file and there aren't any spaces or anything after it. I'm baffled since there weren't any changes near the end. Any thoughts?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you are missing the closing bracket of an if statment. i might have missed it. if you can't find the problem send me the changes that i send you for checkout_shipping.php and i will take a look at it. in a couple of hours

you are missing the closing bracket of an if statment. i might have missed it. if you can't find the problem send me the changes that i send you for checkout_shipping.php and i will take a look at it. in a couple of hours

Ahh, one extra opening bracket, actually. Thanks for the clue! I'm past that now and I'll keep testing. I'll keep testing.

Is there an account_password_new language file? My dev shop has gone through an order successfully and is now asking if I want to create an account by choosing a password. There are 3 phrases like:

HEADING_TITLE2

instead of regular English. Did i just miss some instruction?

define('HEADING_TITLE2', 'Your order is processed.would you like to create an account now?');

define('ENTRY_PASSWORD_CURRENT2', 'Confirmation Password');

define('ENTRY_PASSWORD_NEW2', 'Enter Password');

add these to your includes/languages/english/create_account.php right before your closing ?> you can change the wording if you want

in regards to:

Files changed please make a copy of these files before you make the changes

checkout_shipping.php Completly replaced with a new file

what do we do if we have a heavily modded store and cannot simply "replace" this file?

is there a possibility for manual installation? if so, how?

Hello Frank!

would you mind sending me your e-mail address? So I could send you some files I want to be changed and you can also see the changes that have already been made.

I also try to comment my changes so you know what the shop is like at the moment.

Thanks!

Alexander

in regards to:

what do we do if we have a heavily modded store and cannot simply "replace" this file?

is there a possibility for manual installation? if so, how?

You should compare Frank's file with a stock one and yours to see the changes. It could take some time, but it will be worth the effort. There's a program out there called Beyond Compare that should help. I've never used it but I understand it's good for this sort of thing.

You may want to consider explaining the mods to your shop to see if they will have any bearing on the swap. I've mucked mine up with at least 30 Contribs and all sorts of rigging and FEC works fine for me. Frank has even done some special coding for me that fits right in, too.

Hi Frank

I thought everything was working fine after installing the checkout_shipping.php you posted for me to try, but i've discovered through more checking that my SECPay module keeps disappearing from the payment options. If i go to my admin and reinstall it, it shows again. Then when you go through checkout again it's gone and i have to reinstal it again.

Any ideas on what the problem could be.

Thanks

Julian

A little knowledge is dangerous, I SHOULD KNOW.

If Life Begins At 40, What ends????

julianpuje

please explain the situations when this is happening . i mean the steps that customer takes that causes this bug. i want to recreate it so i can find the reason i am going to try diffrent scenarios in the mean time.also if you have made other changes to your checkout_payment.php and checkout_shipping.php either before or after instaling my contribution.

dan thx i assume that it is working also make sure the bug that julianpuje talking about does not affect your shop.

eww you have to make all the changes to your_checkout_shipping.php and checkout_payment.php to the new file. what are the changes?what contributions are you thinking about? if you want you can post the parts of the install of the contributions that have anything to do with checkout so i can point you in the right direction.

not much is changed other than putting the shoipping and payment on top of each other.

alexander i pm my email to u but be specific of the changes. what file what changes.

julianpuje

please explain the situations when this is happening . i mean the steps that customer takes that causes this bug. i want to recreate it so i can find the reason i am going to try diffrent scenarios in the mean time.also if you have made other changes to your checkout_payment.php and checkout_shipping.php either before or after instaling my contribution.

When you got to the payment page, the payment module text was there, saying this is the only payment method to use on this order, then nothing else. When you refreshed the page the text was still there and the SECPay module bit appeared.

I have just managed to cure it by changing the way i add a low order fee. I was using a shipping module for this to add ?5.95 to orders under ?49.50. ie by postage and changed the text to low order fee only.

I have also commented out the virtual products bit (whatever they are?) as i was being redirected to my payment page instead of the combined shipping page when orders were below the ?49.50. I have no idea why this was happening or why these changes have solved it.

I am now using a low order fee module instead of the shipping charge.

The only new problem the above appears to have created is that my referral discount (ccgv) is not being redeemed after entering the code. It goes through the motions then forwards me to the checkout confirmation but doesn't show anything related to the discount, ie no text no ?. So looking into this now to see if it is related to what i've done or if it's something with the CCGV set up in admin.

Julian

A little knowledge is dangerous, I SHOULD KNOW.

If Life Begins At 40, What ends????

Hello Frank and thanks for the contrib

I am pretty new to osc, so be gentle with me

Fresh install of 2.2 (no additions); and have uploaded the new files.

SSL taken off and happily add things to my basket

Arrive at the checkout, fully burdened with all my toys.

Alas .... clicking on the checkout button gives me a dreaded

1054 - Unknown column 'confirmation_key' in 'field list'

insert into customers (customers_firstname, customers_lastname, customers_email_address, customers_telephone, customers_fax, customers_newsletter, confirmation_key, createaccount, customers_password, customers_gender, customers_dob) values ('si', 'row', 'sirow@******.com', '01*** 2*****', '', '', 'Iw4rEEIVSyVj4vl', 'N', 'c04b64678231b05a9e9f77f570fa4d98:70', 'm', '19700401')

[TEP STOP]

"Aha!" I hear you cry, "You didn't add the extra sql's to the customer table in phpadmin"

Yes I did. That's the trouble

Trawling through the instructions, I checked to see if I had to amend any files. Nope .... all the upload files are pre-edited by yourself.

So where am I going wrong?

Edited by o1nk

You should compare Frank's file with a stock one and yours to see the changes. It could take some time, but it will be worth the effort. There's a program out there called Beyond Compare that should help. I've never used it but I understand it's good for this sort of thing.

You may want to consider explaining the mods to your shop to see if they will have any bearing on the swap. I've mucked mine up with at least 30 Contribs and all sorts of rigging and FEC works fine for me. Frank has even done some special coding for me that fits right in, too.

i have beyond compare, and for the most part it works.. but i seem to encounter a problem where it matches only a few letters (every other letter) for some functions - this makes it extremely difficult for me to use...

here are my contributions i have installed, i've marked the ones in bold i know touch the checkout pages in some way:

Canadian Tax 1.4

Extra Table Rate

Held Orders 2.0

Header Tags Controller 2.5.5

Links Manager 1.10

Nimmit's SEF URLs 0.3

Order Editor 1.61

Osc Affiliate 1.09

'On the Fly' Auto Thumbnailer using GD Library

Points and Rewards

Product List Column 1.3

Products Attributes Item Editor 1.3

Purchase without Account 0.82

Site Map

Who's Online Enhancement

X-Sell 2.2

eww

i took a look at these contribution install files.

the only one that i use is the affiliate program

i have to say that they have extensive modifications so i am not going to try to install them.

i would say that it is doable but you should not expect a smoth transition.i do not think that i have changed any of the code envolved in them so it should not be extemly hard either. i would start with the first part of my contribution which envolves only three files. have in mind that all the modificatiobs to checkout_payment.php has to also be done to my checkout_shipping.php also. Also i think that you would be able to find all the lines that you would be looking forand it is compatable. there is only one file that you need to concern yourself with so i would say give it a shot. you only have to make a copy of three files if you want to go back. how bad could it be.

if it was me i would go ahead and try it .

leave the Purchase without Account 0.82 alone at first so you won't be taking a big chance.

Hey Frank-

Great contribution! I've installed part 1 on my test site but I'm having a weird problem. After clicking on the "Continue" button on checkout_shipping.php, the customer is taken to checkout_payment.php instead of checkout_confirmation.php (as I would assume it should). I've gone over the mods (there aren't that many) and everything looks to be in order.

The only snag I can think of is that this is caused somehow by Multi Vendor Shipping. I've done the changes to your checkout_shipping as per the instructions for MVS, but MVS is acting a little weird. For instance Per Item is not showing up as a shipping option.

Also I'm using Separate Pricing Per Customer so includes/classes/shipping.php has been modified. I tried using an unmodified version and this had no effect on either problem.

You can see this problem in action at my sandbox:

http://www.besttestsite.com

Thanks

Stew

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

stew can you comment out the line in checkout_confirmation that sends you to checkout payment if no payment is chosen of if any other condition is not met to see if you are being redirected back to checkout payment also can you post your checkout_shipping.php

Edited by nana

stew disregard my last sugestion or uncomment them i think i might have the problem try this first

around line 245 to 270 of your modified checkout_shipping

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));

to

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_CONFIRMATION,'', 'SSL'));

stew can you comment out the line in checkout_confirmation that sends you to checkout payment if no payment is chosen of if any other condition is not met to see if you are being redirected back to checkout payment also can you post your checkout_shipping.php

Got it!

MVS instructions say to do this:

========================
Find lines 167 Thru 182
========================

}
} else {
  $shipping = false;

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));
}	
 }

// get all available shipping quotes
 $quotes = $shipping_modules->quote();

// if no shipping method has been selected, automatically select the cheapest method.
// if the modules status was changed when none were available, to save on implementing
// a javascript force-selection method, also automatically select the cheapest shipping
// method if more than one module is now enabled
 if ( !tep_session_is_registered('shipping') || ( tep_session_is_registered('shipping') && ($shipping == false) && (tep_count_shipping_modules() > 1) ) ) $shipping = $shipping_modules->cheapest();

=============
Replace With
=============

//MVS Start
}
tep_redirect(tep_href_link('checkout_payment.php', '', 'SSL'));
exit;
 }
//MVS End

I forgot to change 'checkout_payment.php' to 'checkout_confirmation.php'. Thanks Frank!

Hey Frank-

Following your instructions for checkout_confirmation regarding unregistering of cc info causes my cc module to not work anymore, ie an error is returned stating that the expiry month is wrong.

What is the purpose of unregistering this info and can I skip it or is there something else I should do?

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

i read the mvs instruction that is how i figured it out

by the way how does pwa work? any problem

the reason for unregistering is to allow customer to go back and check a diffrent card maybe you should try again if still it does not try puting the unregister codes at top of checkout_shipping.php and checkout_payment.php

this approach might work also

try again first to make sure there is actually a problem before you try this

Edited by nana

I haven't tried that- I'm having a lot of problems trying to use my cc module on the modified checkout_shipping.php page. I tried commenting out the entire modification made to checkout_confirmation but that didn't help. Switching back to the original checkout flow corrects the problem.

I get two different errors- either the expiry date is said to be invalid (it's not) or the first four digits are said to be for a card that is not accepted (this is also false).

PWA works fine as far as I can tell. Have you heard of any trouble with it?

Edited by djmonkey1

you probably have removed this code

while (list($key, $value) = each($_POST))
{
tep_session_register($key);
}

make sure it is after

if (is_array($payment_modules->modules)) {
$payment_modules->pre_confirmation_check();
}
}

it is right before first modification of mvs

No, that code is still there, but my first change for MVS is right at the top of the page:

*/
require('includes/application_top.php');
require('includes/classes/http_client.php');

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');
$order = new order;
require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'payment.php');
$payment_modules = new payment;

//MVS Start
 if (SELECT_VENDOR_SHIPPING == 'true') {
include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'vendor_shipping.php');
$shipping_modules = new shipping;
 } else {
include(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'shipping.php');
$shipping_modules = new shipping;
$total_weight = $cart->show_weight();
$cost = $cart->show_total();
$total_count = $cart->count_contents();
 }
//MVS End

//$total_weight = $cart->show_weight();
//$total_count = $cart->count_contents();

//require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'shipping.php');
//$shipping_modules = new shipping;

The code you posted is at line 120. Maybe it's the payment module?

can you uncomment this line and see if cc info comming to thie confirmation page

// print $key.' => '.$val.' - ';print_r($val);echo "<br>";

which i do not thinl so

then post your checkout_shipping.php so i can take a look

it most likley has to do with that code that is how cc info is passed along to the session

i think somehow that line is not working.

Edited by nana