• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

fast easy checkout

nana

Not sure what you mean by "chaning this to a number"

Well yes, but it does create an account now.  Even though it gives an error and doesnt remember adresses, the account is created, you can login into it.

PHP Version:  4.3.10 (Zend: 1.3.0)

Ill restore the original create_account.php and see if it works or not...

Just in case.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the account is created in customers table and it is done correctly

then address is stored in the address book table $customer_id = tep_db_insert_id(); gets the customers_id as it is entered in the customer table and enters it in the address book table

i do not think it works

then the customers table is updated with the address_id as customers_default_address_id which comes from

$address_id = tep_db_insert_id();

so my guess is that this code does not work for you

i meant to put a value like

$address_id = 1;

right after

to see if 1 is entered in the db and then we know for sure this is the problem

i am pretty sure that this line is the problem as to what is the solution

i would install a new create_account.php and see if that works you do not have to remove this instalation even if you want to try on a fresh install just make one in a new folder just make sure to try first and see if it works with the original create_account.php

the account is created in customers table and it is done correctly

then address is stored in the address book table  $customer_id = tep_db_insert_id(); gets the customers_id as it is entered in the customer table and enters it in the address book table

i do not think it works

then the customers table is updated with the address_id as customers_default_address_id  which comes from

so my guess is that this code does not work for you

i meant to put a value like

$address_id = 1;

right after

to see if 1 is entered in the db and then we know for sure this is the problem

Ok, hold on.

Just was testing out create_account3.php

With this one, it works fine untill a point there order is confirmed.

It automatically lists the address for the first customer ever created, for every customer later one. You can choose your adress but it gives you a full list of ALL adresses ever entered.

Then when confirming it gives tep stop error i wrote about earlier.

i do not think you have messed up anything now since checkout_shipping_address.php is not adding the address id either and i do not think that you have changed anything in that file.

why don't you do a fresh install and see if create_account.php works in that before any other updates

i do not think you have messed up anything now since checkout_shipping_address.php is not adding the address id either and i do not think that you have changed anything in that file.

why don't you do a fresh install and see if create_account.php works in that before any other updates

Ok ill do a fresh install :) will take a few, cya then

Ok ill do a fresh install :)  will take a few, cya then

Just did a complete clean install. Made a back up of original. Copied all files over to make install, and altered database.

Everything works, but it gives the following error on when clicking on confirmation page:

1054 - Unknown column 'createaccount' in 'field list'

insert into orders (customers_id, customers_name, customers_company, customers_street_address, customers_suburb, customers_city, customers_postcode, customers_state, customers_country, customers_telephone, customers_email_address, customers_address_format_id, delivery_name, delivery_company, delivery_street_address, delivery_suburb, delivery_city, delivery_postcode, delivery_state, delivery_country, delivery_address_format_id, billing_name, billing_company, billing_street_address, billing_suburb, billing_city, billing_postcode, billing_state, billing_country, billing_address_format_id, payment_method, cc_type, cc_owner, cc_number, cc_expires, date_purchased, orders_status, currency, createaccount, currency_value) values ('2', 'Dmitry', '', '3Streetcir.', '', 'Cityr', 'ZIP', '', 'United States', '777764-4111', '[email protected]', '2', 'Dmitry', '', '3Streetcir.', '', 'Cityr', 'ZIP', '', 'United States', '2', 'Dmitry', '', '3Streetcir.', '', 'Cityrr', 'ZIP', '', 'United States', '2', 'Cash on Delivery', '', '', '', '', now(), '1', 'USD', 'N', '1.00000000')

[TEP STOP]

Everything else, including problems before, seem to be working good now.

Edited by oriondw

Check out page 6 and 7 from yesterday. A few of us had that same problem and frank posted the solution.

Hi,

Great contrib - only prob is I get the following error

1054 - Unknown column 'createaccount' in 'field list'

insert into customers (customers_firstname, customers_lastname, customers_email_address, customers_telephone, customers_fax, customers_newsletter, createaccount, customers_password, customers_gender, customers_dob) values ('Sandra', 'Trott', '[email protected]', '000', '', '', 'Y', '4a0bcd178e6c9a49ef23aa3561d3c8da:5a', 'f', '19770610')

[TEP STOP]

I have looked at the solution offered, but I don't have any reference to $createaccount in my checkout_process.php file. :blink:

Anyone got any ideas? I would really like this to work, as I think the need for an account is putting off potential customers... :(

i am sorry i didn' read the error

you have to alter the table customer

ALTER TABLE `customers` ADD `createaccount` CHAR( 1 ) DEFAULT 'Y' NOT NULL ;

this is in the instruction but it is missing the default value so use this code in your sql program like phpmyadmin

i am sorry i didn' read the error

you have to alter the table customer

ALTER TABLE `customers` ADD `createaccount` CHAR( 1 ) DEFAULT  'Y' NOT NULL ;

this is in the instruction but it is missing the default value so use this code in your sql program like phpmyadmin

Sweet!! Sorted now - thanks a lot for your help Frank!!

I, like a number of others think this is a great contrib, but apart from the other potential errors etc I always look for customer functionality, which is what this contrib is also about. So firstly I would like thank Nana in particular for all you hard work.

I have read and or scanned all the previous posts and can not find any where, where anyone else has noticed that by combining the payment and shipping forms there is an error primarily a javascript error, but also PHP and HTML.

When your at the new checkout_shipping form, you have to specifically click on the Radio Button/s to actually select the required option/s. Where as if on the individual pages you can just select/click on the line for the option.

This potentially creates a real problem for the client, because you can select a line thinking you have selected the item which leave the line highlighted (to the selection color line) of your choice only to maybe, realise you actually need to click on the radion button itself.

Nana

I note you also have this same error on your sample site, I gather you also have/had not picked this up yet.

I have done some fiddling but I am not a php'er (more just a reasonable experienced hacker) and can not fix this, it seems as though it maybe a bit involved. Because from what I can see it's the default Radio Button ID's that now need individualising now that they on the same page.

I was able to get it working on the payment option section working only to the find when selecting the shipping method this would then move payment selected choice to the next line down or up, depending on what was selected.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

I am not going to go back to my original files until this can be sorted as I think this will only create to much confusion or client errors (lets face it, these things have to be as near as idiot proof as possible, no one ever reads anything).

Cheers

John

I am geting the same error as the person in post #13. When I type in Credit Card info (Authorize.net) , I get this error:

"The first four digits of the number entered are: <br>If that number is correct, we do not accept that type of credit card.<br>If it is wrong, please try again."

I did not see a solution posted. Any thoughts?