• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

HELP NEEDED

Hey all

im hoping someone might be able to help me with a few problems i am having ?

i have looked through the forum board but i seem to be getting some things confused !! i am not used to using code !

1. Picture sizing ? i have pitctures that are all different sizes and with my information pages i would really like to have a bigger picture on it to show my potential customers the detail involved? how can i change the sizes so that what ever size my pic is thats downloaded will stay the same as the file i already have?

2. adding text to the home page? how can you do this with out messing up the template?

3. i tried to change the footer as a test - to see if the codes that i typed in accually worked since that time i have this error at the bottom of my admin page how can i get rid of it

Warning: main(includes/counter.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/httpd/html/sportsonparade/cgi-bin/oscommerce/admin/includes/footer.php on line 14

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/counter.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/httpd/html/sportsonparade/cgi-bin/oscommerce/admin/includes/footer.php on line 14

4. Currency keeps changing to US dollar - i have set AU ( australian dollar ) as my defalt in my configuration but when ever i look at my page it is reverting to US $$ first how can you change this ? we would be selling overseas so its important to keep the currencies in place plus can you add a currency ??

can anyone help PLEASE .......

Pete

1. There is a contribution (or 2) that allows you to have more than one size image per product. Usually 3. small which would be thumbnail, medium which would be product page and big which would be pop up. You could install this and just use the small and medium and the large could be the same as the medium. lol hope that makes sense. Do a search for small medium large in the contribution area if you want to check that out.

2. Not sure what you mean by template but to edit text on any of the pages you just go in and edit the language files found in your /includes/languages/ folder. Some text will be on the main langue file such as english.php others will be in the files inside the languages folders themselves. Each main page has a text file that goes with it so to edit the index.php you would go to /includes/languages/english/index.php or whichever language you are using.

3. Sounds like you tried to edit the main footer.php inside your admin folder using code from the catelog footer.php. If you do not have a backup file (which you should always make when editing a file) then you can just get a new copy from the download zip.

4. I am not sure what this issue is, hopefully someone else may.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

thanks for that

i have found the image heights and widths in my admin panel.... is there any way of turning them off because the same size images appear in my product description and then to click enlarge it the same size i need 3 different sizes ..... first size for the front page and catagories 2nd size for the product desription and the 3rd size for the click to enlarge .. does anyone know how you do this??

for 4.

you may have set

change to default currency for language to true

admin -> store

and yes you can add as many currencies as you like!

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

thanks for that

i have found the image heights and widths in my admin panel.... is there any way of turning them off because the same size images appear in my product description and then to click enlarge it the same size i need 3 different sizes ..... first size for the front page and catagories 2nd size for the product desription and the 3rd size for the click to enlarge .. does anyone know how you do this??

If you delete the image heights and widths in Admin (don't set them to 0 - remove them) the images will display at their actual size. If you set only height or width, they will constrain to that dimension and show in proportion.

If you want several different sizes, as far as I know, all you can do is download one of the many image contributions and install that. Mo Pics is one I have heard of, but I have no experience of using it, I'm afraid.

Simon

Thanks for your replies

Monika - have tried your suggestion and looks like its worked a treat

lucky - i dont really want to loose the sizes i just want to have the option of having a size the main page - ie the new products or specials but when you go to the product information page i want that picture larger and then if you click to enlarge its bigger again ? can this be done ?

Pete

Hey all

im hoping someone might be able to help me with a few problems i am having ?

i have looked through the forum board but i seem to be getting some things confused !! i am not used to using code !

1. Picture sizing ? i have pitctures that are all different sizes and with my information pages i would really like to have a bigger picture on it to show my potential customers the detail involved? how can i change the sizes so that what ever size my pic is thats downloaded will stay the same as the file i already have?

2. adding text to the home page? how can you do this with out messing up the template?

3. i tried to change the footer as a test - to see if the codes that i typed in accually worked since that time i have this error at the bottom of my admin page how can i get rid of it

Warning: main(includes/counter.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/httpd/html/sportsonparade/cgi-bin/oscommerce/admin/includes/footer.php on line 14

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/counter.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/httpd/html/sportsonparade/cgi-bin/oscommerce/admin/includes/footer.php on line 14

4. Currency keeps changing to US dollar - i have set AU ( australian dollar ) as my defalt in my configuration but when ever i look at my page it is reverting to US $$ first how can you change this ? we would be selling overseas so its important to keep the currencies in place plus can you add a currency ??

can anyone help PLEASE .......

Pete

Hi,

You have mpdified admin footer.php and placed the code in include of catalog.

please paste your counter.php at a proper location in admin or it you want for thepublic to view then modify the footer.php thats in catalog.

well see under localization currencies and also under other heading in admin.

About adding matter in home page as you stated template are you using vanilla version 2.2 of OSc or CREloaded please clarify.

Satish

Ask/Skype for Free osCommerce value addon/SEO suggestion tips for your site.

Check My About US For who am I and what My company does.

Thanks for your replies

Monika - have tried your suggestion and looks like its worked a treat

lucky - i dont really want to loose the sizes i just want to have the option of having a size the main page - ie the new products or specials but when you go to the product information page i want that picture larger and then if you click to enlarge its bigger again ? can this be done ?

Pete

Hi Pete, that can be done very easily!

Just create 2 new folders in the images folder, called "midi" and "big"

From all your products pictures, create 3 versions, upload the midi pics into the midi folder, the big ones into the big folder, and the thumbnails while creating the product (if you already have a bunch in, make the thumbnails and upload them to the images folder, where you currently have the pics. Important is to have all pics the same name, just in 3 folders.

Now go to product_info.php, and where you see the pic displayed, add in the script version

. 'midi/' .

to the thread for the pic

For the noscript version, add

. 'midi/' .

to the thread, and

. 'big/' .

to the href

in the file popup_image.php, add the big version to the thread too ... done!

Monika

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Cant find the catalog file ..... also cant find the images file in Admin ... can anyone help?

Pete

catalog is a folder, and the product images is a folder in the catalog folder ... not in admin. You should download your whole shop to your local computer, then you should try to work through the files/folder system to get to know it.

Monika

is there any type of manual we can download to go through step by step how to change these items we wish to change ? or do we need to pay someone to do the job for us ? This programme seems to be great and pretty simple ( once you are set up ) but until then it seems there are alot of lost people as i am out there wanting you use this wonderful programme but just cant because the dont know to to use code !!! is there a Os Commerce for dummies book or manual out there?

Pete

is there any type of manual we can download to go through step by step how to change these items we wish to change ? or do we need to pay someone to do the job for us ? This programme seems to be great and pretty simple ( once you are set up ) but until then it seems there are alot of lost people as i am out there wanting you use this wonderful programme but just cant because the dont know to to use code !!! is there a Os Commerce for dummies book or manual out there?

Pete

Hi Pete, yes there is books but of course many are not for free, apart from what you got as links already on this site. A brand new one will be coming out in October from Packtpub.com

Most people manage though with the knowledge base and asking questions here :-)

Monika

Can someone please help me with finding the images folder in my file manager ? i have looked and cant seem to find it ? am i missing something?

Pete

Can someone please help me with finding the images folder in my file manager ? i have looked and cant seem to find it ? am i missing something?

Pete

Hi Pete,

ftp your whole website to your local computer. Do not use osC file manager at all.

The images folder is in the catalog folder, two levels below root. It's the same folder you also see the includes folder.

Monika

can you recomend a FTP programme to download ? i have tried a few but had no luck in accually getting online.

Pete

I use WS_FTP, which came from my provider free, but I'm sure there is a bunch of free ones to download too. You have to enter the correct infos (ftp server, login, password) to amke a connection.

Monika

Thanks for your reply monika i am wondering if you know what lines i need the Midi and big too ??

From all your products pictures, create 3 versions, upload the midi pics into the midi folder, the big ones into the big folder, and the thumbnails while creating the product (if you already have a bunch in, make the thumbnails and upload them to the images folder, where you currently have the pics. Important is to have all pics the same name, just in 3 folders.

Now go to product_info.php, and where you see the pic displayed, add in the script version

CODE. 'midi/' .

CODE. 'midi/' .to the thread, and CODE. 'big/' .

to the href

Thanks for your reply monika i am wondering if you know what lines i need the Midi and big too ??

line 109 and 112

like I said in the script and noscript version

Monika

ok i have found the lines what part and i replacing ??

document.write('<?php echo '<a href="java script:popupWindow(\\\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $product_info['products_id']) . '\\\')">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], addslashes($product_info['products_name']), SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>');

<?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image']) . '" target="_blank">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $product_info['products_image'], $product_info['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT, 'hspace="5" vspace="5"') . '<br>' . TEXT_CLICK_TO_ENLARGE . '</a>'; ?>

Pete

Now go to product_info.php, and where you see the pic displayed, add  in the script version

. 'midi/' .

. 'midi/' .

to the thread, and

. 'big/' .

to the href

have you even tried it? I think my instructions to where to put it are very clear.

Monika

i dont want to delete the wrong area ? i am only making sure thats all

am i adding it to this or before this ?? or somewhere else?

Pete

i dont want to delete the wrong area ? i am only making sure thats all

am i adding it to this or before this ?? or somewhere else?

Pete

Pete, I'mnot sure what you mean by deleting ... do not delete anything, but add those code bits to the code you posted, at the spots I told you.

If you do not want to learn how to do it, I can do it, that would have been much quicker than this discussion. Maybe I misunderstood that you wanted to learn doing it yourself.

Monika

Archived