• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Sort Each Product Category Differently

technigrafa

Is there any way to automatically sort one product category alphabetically from A-Z and then sort another from Z-A? I see how to globally change the default sorting, but don't know how to do each category individually. I saw a mod that allowed you to sort products in the admin listing, but not the store side listing.

Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks for your help!

I would add to categories table one more field (called 'categories_sorting' or whatever) and provide a way to change it in categories admin. Values for that field would include a value for default sorting and any other possible sorting methods.

Then I'd change the store side index.php, so that if default was not set as a category sorting, the selected method would be used when sorting stuff.

I would add to categories table one more field (called 'categories_sorting' or whatever) and provide a way to change it in categories admin. Values for that field would include a value for default sorting and any other possible sorting methods.

Then I'd change the store side index.php, so that if default was not set as a category sorting, the selected method would be used when sorting stuff.

yup, that's the way to go. The section you need to change in index.php is aorund line 195, there you can specify sorting. A few lines above, you'd need to comment out the sort for NAME, as otherwise the little + sign for sirting will stay with it.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Archived