• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Left box more then one product

zxedxz

yes, you have to modify the whats_new.php file in catalog\includes\boxes\ dir and add more rows in the $info_box_contents array.

To get more rows from the dbase modify the query accordingly. The default core picks up a random item I think based on the latest products. You should be able to change it to pick as many as you like.

Here are the lines of code you need to modify (from whats_new.php). I have no idea how you want to modify them but adding more elements into the $info_box_contents (every time this statement is executed) you will have more rows in the whats_new infobox

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'center',
                                'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $random_product['products_id']) . '" class="imageFrame">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $random_product['products_image'], $random_product['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $random_product['products_id']) . '">' . $random_product['products_name'] . '</a><br>' . $whats_new_price);

I still don't know where to modify. What I want to do it to add more rows with different products. Now it only show 1 product right?

Can you give me an example of what to modify. Lets say I want to show 3 products on that box.

it will be similar if not identical. All boxes use the same array name, You can also change the html for horizontal/vertical display etc

Archived