• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

is oscommerce my solution?

writerfirst

newbie question, obviously - i'm in the early stages of an online shop idea. my domain offers a quick installation of oscommerce, so this is the first thing i'm checking out. basically i'm wondering if oscommerce is a good solution for me. it seems like a nice robust app for catalogs, etc., but i'm not sure how well it would translate to what i want to do.

briefly, my products are downloadables - the purchases would be made primarily by site members (who would log in - site registration would require signing up with paypal or another compatible $$$ source, perhaps as one registration), and the purchases themselves need to be made with a relatively quick step. such as, once someone is logged in, hitting a check box, return, and thats it. the focus is on the product (articles/literature). the design would not be in catalog form, exactly; i would want to pretty much design the site to feature the articles, with the commerce part of it more of an underlying structure than something that defines the interface. if this makes sense, i'd love to get the perspective of experienced users on this.

thanks!

Archived