• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

postage help

also does anyone know how to do it so the postage price is determind depending on what the item is? i mean can it be set to say ?1.50 for a mouse but if someone wanted a monitor it would cost say ?20? basically can you assign a postage to each item? OR can you specify the weight when adding item and auto charge the right amount of postage for that weight?

thanks

also does anyone know how to do it so the postage price is determind depending on what the item is? i mean can it be set to say ?1.50 for a mouse but if someone wanted a monitor it would cost say ?20? basically can you assign a postage to each item? OR can you specify the weight when adding item and auto charge the right amount of postage for that weight?

thanks

I have installed the Royal mail package, which is based on the Weight of the item.

It does mean you have to weigh every thing, but you do get accurate postage.

Works for world wide postage as zones are created for areas of the world.

I just update the rate, when the Royal mail post there rates.

We do offer a courier service as well, so it displays all rates, so the customer can choose, next day or royal mail.

Good luck

Sean

I have installed the Royal mail package, which is based on the Weight of the item.

It does mean you have to weigh every thing, but you do get accurate postage.

Works for world wide postage as zones are created for areas of the world.

I just update the rate, when the Royal mail post there rates.

We do offer a courier service as well, so it displays all rates, so the customer can choose, next day or royal mail.

Good luck

Sean

thankyou for your quick reply but i am new to all this and dont know where to start or even get the royal mail package! any help?

thankyou for your quick reply but i am new to all this and dont know where to start or even get the royal mail package! any help?

Hi Tony,

Slap me if this is too simple !

Contribution are modules that users have written and published that are "plugged" into oscommerce. You don't need to be a coder to do this, just careful cutting and pasting will do.

To have a look at the contributions go to contributions

then search (type Royal mail) in the search box or click on shipping and scroll through lists of packages.

When you find something good, there is normal a link to the forum that explains any extra info, updates, problems and help.

In the contribution instruction is a fully blown list of things to change in a step 1, step 2 approach.

If you look around for a few days, dip into the My Store (Community Feedback) and you will soon be addicted to changing oscommerce on a weekly bases.

Hope that is a bit clearer

Sean

N.B

It is best to start changing the system yourself, if you are willing to spend the initial time to try the first one ! (unless it's the HSBC system....don't go there)

Archived