• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Japanese ??!?! arrrrgh

To those of you that ARE japanese... or run Japanese OSC solutions... i want Japanese customers and want to focus on that country as a major customer base, can you tell me do i NEED japanese as a language or can i wing it with english ? What elese do I need to do ? Are there any other tricks you would suggest ? g

To those of you that ARE japanese... or run Japanese OSC solutions... i want Japanese customers and want to focus on that country as a major customer base, can you tell me do i NEED japanese as a language or can i wing it with english ? What elese do I need to do ? Are there any other tricks you would suggest ? g

I have a Japanese wife and have done loads of business in Japan, whilst a lot of English is spoken there, one hell of a lot more Japanese is spokem so you would have a much larger market to sell to. The Japanese OSc contrib is OK but if you are serious about doing business there I would advise getting a rewrite on some of the language used in the contrib. Also someone has posted a fix for it.

When in Rome etc.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

The latest OSC you can not get with Japanese Language support, that is working.

The only OSC that is working with correct Japanese Language can be found here:

Japanese OSC 2.2 MS 1J

But be aware it is a much older OSC version. If you do not want to add to many contributions it is working fine. You can find there also a few contributions that have been modified for the Japanese language.

If you do not want to use it. you have a few other choices:

Write to the Japanese developer Mr. Tamura - you can use English - and ask him for help.

wait until MS3 is released, because than Mr. Tamura will start to work on a Japanese version

Make the changes yourself

Last, change to Zen-Cart, because they have a working Japanese version and support side.

Up to you.

Even so you have a store in Japanese, did you think about how you will answer your customers questions?

I am sorry, but the Japanese are not that advanced and secure in English as some people might think.

Please keep us updated on what you do in this case.

Rich