ActiveTuning

Ok say this is how my store is setup:

/store

/admin

If I create this for example:

/store

/store2

/admin

And /store and /store2 are identical files calling the same DB, but the layout is different.....would that work in terms of being able to have products in a different design, but utilizing the same database and same administration?

Let me know if what I'm asking doesn't make sense, and I'll clarify.

Well the physical files dont really matter with the exception of your configuration files, and images.

if you set your 2nd store to pull off the same database, it should work fine. However, you will have an issue with your images, unless you set up a path to a shared image folder in config, you will have to update physical images on site 2 manually, everything else will be pulled from the Dbase, and aministered from the one admin.

It will work if you make a copy of the sessions table and then make the change in both database.php files.

I have just done this a few days ago.

Mark

Lifes a bitch, then you marry one, then you die!

Well the physical files dont really matter with the exception of your configuration files, and images.

if you set your 2nd store to pull off the same database, it should work fine. However, you will have an issue with your images, unless you set up a path to a shared image folder in config, you will have to update physical images on site 2 manually, everything else will be pulled from the Dbase, and aministered from the one admin.

Thanks for your response!

Which images do you mean? Just the product ones? If so, that's ok, because I don't use them from the osC part of the page I pull on the site :) If it's something else though, let me know!

It will work if you make a copy of the sessions table and then make the change in both database.php files.

I have just done this a few days ago.

Mark

Ok wait, so explain this to me? What's the purpose of doing that? And what changes do I need to make to both database.php files? Just specify them to correct sessions table?

Basically yes, if you do not copy the sessions table then you will probably end up with errors in admin due to duplicate sessions.

This is the line you need to change in both files.

define('TABLE_SESSIONS', 'sessions');

Mark

Basically yes, if you do not copy the sessions table then you will probably end up with errors in admin due to duplicate sessions.

This is the line you need to change in both files.

define('TABLE_SESSIONS', 'sessions');

Mark

Why does it need to be changed in both? Can't the original stay the same and the new one change to sessions2 for example?

David,

Glad you got it sorted. I took it a step further and copied the customers and orders tables so that they are kept seperate. Mainly because both my stores are on different servers.

Mark

Archived