• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

javascript error on dutch create account

Monika in Germany

Hi

this is a really weird problem.

Ihave set up Dutch in addition to the otehr 3 languages. On teh create account page, all 3 regular languages are fine, but not Dutch.

Now comes the interesting part:

on the first loading, Dutch tells me there is an error line 102, on the refresh all is fine. WTH????

http://www.europeancomputerproducts.net/cr...php?language=nl

any ideas?

TIA!!!!

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

I've isolated the issue, the javascript warning goes away when I remove the call of the

<?php require('includes/form_check.js.php'); ?>

I really do not understand though why all 3 default languages have a popup for validation, and Dutch has error messages at the top of the body text. Ugh. Does this shed some light into it for you javascript gurus?

Monika

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

have you checked the dutch descriptions for the ENTRY_xxxx fields if there are any characters requiring backslashes?

thx, I just managed to get it to work 5 seconds ago. The guy who set up the website used a corrupt language file for Dutch, obviously, and as soon as I replaced the javascript error part with the current contrib, it was ok. Sigh of relief!!!!!

Monika

Archived