• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Exporting order data from osCommerce

ydeologi

Please forgive the newbie question, but I couldn't find anything on this in the forums or the documentation under export, and the administration demo site is currently down, so I can't experiment.

Is there a way to export order data to a flat file from osCommerce? I have an application where I'd like to export order data and bring it into an existing mail order management application we must use for our business.

If there is a way to export, is the format of the file customizable? Have any plugins been developed yet to export to formats used by other major applications?

If there isn't a way to export, is it being developed?

Thanks!

Export it from PhpMyAdmin, then if you want a format that it does not offer, use MS Excel to convert it. That should work for you ;)

Export it from PhpMyAdmin, then if you want a format that it does not offer, use MS Excel to convert it. That should work for you ;)

So, you're saying, just export the data manually from the tables?

How are the sales orders stored -- as a flat line across a single table, or across multiple tables that I'll have to cross-reference?

Also, is there any plan in the roadmap to add an export feature? It's pretty standard to offer some kind of export feature in any commerce app, especially for the likelihood of interoperating with other apps in the supply chain.

Sounds to me like most of the people using osCommerce now are pretty technically inclined, which is great, but for the app to really grow, "use PhpMyAdmin" probably won't cut it. :D

Archived