• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Fax Number account field

deej

I am trying to do two things.

1.) I would like to display the fax number as entered by the customer upon creation of their account on the invoice and packing slip that is generated in the Admin panel.

2.) Also I would like to require this field on the Account Creation page. I have altered the field to make it appear as if it is required (by displaying an asterisk next to the field) but would like to return an error if the user doesn't enter a number into the field.

Can someone lend me a hand?

Thx

I am trying to do two things.

1.) I would like to display the fax number as entered by the customer upon creation of their account on the invoice and packing slip that is generated in the Admin panel.

2.) Also I would like to require this field on the Account Creation page.  I have altered the field to make it appear as if it is required (by displaying an asterisk next to the field) but would like to return an error if the user doesn't enter a number into the field.

Can someone lend me a hand?

Thx

there is a javascript called for the errors, so you can easily add a new one by copying and changing the phone one for example

for the fax, I recently answered that pretty explicitely, so if you do a search it should pop up. It was a bit more complicated as fax is not stored in the orders table.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Archived