• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Specials look different in Firefox & IE

mark27uk3

Hi,

I am having a bit of difficulty getting my specials on the index page to look correct. In firefox they look just fine but in ie they go all screwy.

If you look here in explorer you will see that the two buttons ('detail' and 'add to basket') are side by side which knocks the table width out. But if you look in firefox they are one on top of the other which is the way I need it.

This is the code

'text' => '<br><b><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $default_specials['products_id']) . '">' . $default_specials['products_name'] . '</b></a><br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $default_specials["products_id"]) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $default_specials['products_image'], $default_specials['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br><s>' . TEXT_OUR_PRICE . '</b></font>  ' . $currencies->display_price($default_specials['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($default_specials['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s><br><span class="productSpecialPrice"><font color="#ff0000"><b>' . TEXT_SPECIAL_PRICE . '</b></font>  ' . $currencies->display_price($default_specials['specials_new_products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($default_specials['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span><br><b><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, "products_id=" . $default_specials["products_id"]). '"><p>' . tep_image_button('button_details.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_DETAILS) . '</a><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action', 'cName', 'cPath', 'sort')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $default_specials['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a>');

If I add a line break between the buttons then it fixes the width problem but the gap between them is two big.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks

Mark

Lifes a bitch, then you marry one, then you die!

Same thing happens in Firefox on the Mac.

The buttons at the bottom are one above the other but they're the only ones.

Local: Mac OS X 10.5.8 - Apache 2.2/php 5.3.0/MySQL 5.4.10 • Web Servers: Linux

Tools: BBEdit, Coda, Versions (Subversion), Sequel Pro (db management)

Any clues on how to sort this out?

Mark

I'd try to add a mini table the width of your wider button around the two buttons ... it will force them to take 2 rows, I think.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Monika,

Your a genius!

Just one more thing - in firefox the product name is split between two lines and the words are complete and centered, but in ie there screwy (its getting late - too late).

Mark

Monika,

Your a genius!

Just one more thing - in firefox the product name is split between two lines and the words are complete and centered, but in ie there screwy (its getting late - too late).

Mark

did you change anything? it's not centered, which you can fix (IE), but other wise looks ok. Redo the details button to be the same size as the add to cart, it doesn not look good like this, I think.

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

did you change anything? it's not centered, which you can fix (IE), but other wise looks ok. Redo the details button to be the same size as the add to cart, it doesn not look good like this, I think.

I did say it was getting late.........

What does it look like now? any better???

I still have the issue in ie of getting the product name to split between two lines like it does in firefox.

Mark

Archived