• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help with tables please

mark27uk3

Hi Guys,

I am hoping that a html wiz will read this post and point out where I am going wrong.

If you take a look here you will see that there is a grey background to the product 'Nokia BL-6C Battery'. What I am trying to do is extend that grey background over the image so it looks complete.

This is the code

if (!tep_star_product_with_attributes($star_products['products_id'])) {
 $star_products["0"] = array('align' => 'left',
         'params' => 'width="100%" valign="top"',
                                     'text' => '<tr>
              <td height="10%" width="100%" align="left" colspan="4" class="star-product-title">' . $star_products['products_name'] . '</td>

<td align="right"  height="100%" width="15%" rowspan="4"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_IMAGE, 'pID=' . $star_products['products_id']) . '"' . ' target="popup"' . ' onClick="window.open(this.href, this.target, \'toolbar=no, location=no, directories=no, status=no, menubar=no, scrollbars=no, resizable=yes, copyhistory=no, width=' . SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH . ', height=' . SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT . '\').focus(); return false;">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $star_products['products_image'], $star_products['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a></td>
      </tr>
<tr>
        <td height="5%" width="85%" align="left" class="star-product-price">' . TEXT_OUR_PRICE . ' '.
$currencies->display_price($star_products['final_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($listing['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</td>

</tr>
      <tr>
        <td height="80%" width="85%" class="star-product">'. $star_products["products_description"] . '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, "products_id=" . $star_products["products_id"]). '"><p>' . tep_image_button('button_details.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_DETAILS) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $star_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a></p></td>
      </tr>

');

I am totally at a loss with it, I have tried everything I know.

Hope someone can help.

Mark

Lifes a bitch, then you marry one, then you die!

Well, my head hurts from all those rowspans and colspans, but fundamentally, if I understand what you want, the gray bar needs to be in its own <tr>. The way you have it now, the graphic is in a column to the right of the bar.

You put it in its own tr, sure, but one that's embedded in the existing td with colspan="4".

You've got a lot of table nesting going on, and have some odd stuff such as a tr with a width attribute that is meaningless. I don't have time to straighten it all out for you, but I think you want the header bar in its own row that is the full table width. A second row has two columns, one for the text and one for the image and buttons.

Archived