• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Changing pages.

hi

Sorry i am a newbie and can't find a answer to my problem on the forums probably somewhere though.

Heres my problem anyway. Thanks for looking.

When i try and change any page it tells me this error code:

Error: I can not write to this file. Please set the right user permissions on: /home/vaughan/public_html/store//admin/banner_statistics.php

How do i do what it tells me i cannot find where to do this? Thank you.

Dan :D

Looks like you are probably trying to use the file manager in your admin area. You can not/should not use that. It will cause you problems.

You need to download the file you want to edit using an FTP program (bunches of free ones if you do not have one), edit the file using any editer (bunches of free ones of those as well with many topics covering which ones people like), then reupload the file.

Hope that helps. :)

Sorry I assumed you ment you wanted to edit the files...

It also looks like your configuration.php files may be a bit off...

/home/vaughan/public_html/store//admin/banner_statistics.php

shouldn't have the // after store.

This may have no effect on editing, but it will on how your site works.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Looks like you are probably trying to use the file manager in your admin area. You can not/should not use that. It will cause you problems.

You need to download the file you want to edit using an FTP program (bunches of free ones if you do not have one), edit the file using any editer (bunches of free ones of those as well with many topics covering which ones people like), then reupload the file.

Hope that helps. :)

Sorry I assumed you ment you wanted to edit the files...

It also looks like your configuration.php files may be a bit off...

/home/vaughan/public_html/store//admin/banner_statistics.php

shouldn't have the // after store.

This may have no effect on editing, but it will on how your site works.

Thanks very much for replying. I copied and pasted it wrong so it doesn't have the // so that should be alright. Thanks very. One more question where can i delete the pretend products i cannot find the place. Thanks

Dan

Go into your admin area, click on catalog, then delete the categories. That will get rid of the categories and the products inside the categories.

:)

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

a better way is to search thru tips and tricks for 'empty a database' which resets the product id counts, category counts to 1. i think it is also in the contributions

Archived