• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

adding more than one admin?

anthony561fl

Is there a way to add more than one admin?

Id like to have a super admin, and then assign an admin access to a manager to add and update catalog, pricing, info, etc.

However, I want to keep the super admin for my access only. Is this possible?

and if so how can I set it up? Thanks again for any help

Yes there is a way, just rename a copy of your admin folder, take out the references to the areas you dont want access to, upload it, change the name admin in the "newfolder/inludes/configure.php" to the new folder name, and your done

Yes there is a way, just rename a copy of your admin folder, take out the references to the areas you dont want access to, upload it, change the name admin in the  "newfolder/inludes/configure.php"  to the new folder name, and your done

Thank you for the info, however it doesnt ask me to login. It goes right into admin panel. I dont have to enter login or password. This cant be good.

Im connected to site throguh ftp, and the second admin folder I created wont allow me to open it. It gives a 550 permission denied error. Any idea what I may have done wrong?

Thanks again for your help and info.

The link above is for admin with access levels.

You have to make your own protection if you do not use the contribution. Most webhosts have a link to password protect directories in their control panel. That is the easiest way to go if you do not install a contribution.

This can also be done with htaccess but it is a bit more complicated.

Wendy James

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

GREAT! That works fantastic. Thank you very much.

Another newbie question.

Once im logged in, if I want to test another login and password, how can I log out from admin panel? Once logged in, it lets me back in without prompting login and password. is there a logout button or feature somewhere? Thanks again.

Archived