• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wishlist 3.0 Support Thread

dblake

Hi

Got it to work, I thought. I use English and Danish. Some Danish guys had made a Danish tranlation and put it up under contribs, where there was a bug in..... first error corrected!

If I choose Danish language and hit the help file, it refers to "catalog/wishlist_help.php" that don't care about which languages you're in??

Well the MAIN problem is, that nomatter what I do - I get a blank page (/wishlist.php) whether I'm logged in or not.

Could you please point me in a direction where to look for errors?? Please....

Helle :-(

Great contrib, thanks for adding it!

One question - if someone is sent the link via email and then buys something off the wishlist is it supposed to update the main wishlist? It doesnt seem to do so (mind you it doesnt seem to remove them if you buy with the account setup either).

I assume that the following within the checkout_process.php is supposed to remove the item(s) from the wishlist:

// remove items from wishlist if customer purchased them

$wishList->clear();

Anyone got any bright ideas as to why they would not remove?

Thanks,

Sadie

Got it to work *took three times* *lol*

Tested what glassraven said - he's right. The wish is still in ths basket!

Also the language support file - needs to direct the customer to the right language?

Otherwise - I really like this contrib

Helle :-)

Great contrib, thanks for adding it!

One question - if someone is sent the link via email and then buys something off the wishlist is it supposed to update the main wishlist? It doesnt seem to do so (mind you it doesnt seem to remove them if you buy with the account setup either).

I assume that the following within the checkout_process.php is supposed to remove the item(s) from the wishlist:

// remove items from wishlist if customer purchased them

$wishList->clear();

Anyone got any bright ideas as to why they would not remove?

Thanks,

Sadie

Only if the user purchases the item themselves. What your talking about is a gift registry, where someone else can buy the item for you.

Thanks - I assumed that that would be the case, will have to see if I can sort a hack for it.

With the 'email to a friend' link I wasn't sure if that should have been the functionality intended. Mind you - it doesnt seem to reduce the wishlist even if the person buys it themselves (using firefox not tested that using IE yet). Is there a setting somewhere I've missed that allows it to do this?

:) Sadie

Thats the email receiving program. I think aol doesn't hotlink, there may be some others. Try a different email client. Thats on the users end not the code in.

hmm, strange. It works on other emails I receive - like orders etc. I use Outlook Express on a XP Pro machine?

Just thought that some code were missing

Thats the email receiving program. I think aol doesn't hotlink, there may be some others. Try a different email client. Thats on the users end not the code in.

hmm, strange. It works on other emails I receive - like orders etc. I use Outlook Express on a XP Pro machine?

Just thought that some code were missing

sorry blake but...

dunno why it happened to me also

though i made lots of changes but dont think it would affect the links...

i tried using different programs....hotmail, yahoo, thunderbird(pop mail) all the same problem

but it worked in gmail

i'm lost.

sorry blake but...

dunno why it happened to me also

though i made lots of changes but dont think it would affect the links...

i tried using different programs....hotmail, yahoo, thunderbird(pop mail) all the same problem

but it worked in gmail

i'm lost.

Well to solve it, I would recommend installing a phpmailer class that sends/formats the emails for you. Its easy to implement and you can just change the wishlist page to use it. It sends all the "appropirate" headers out and makes it easy for mostly all email clients to display.

-Dennis

Was there ever an answer to this problem......

When I click the Add to Wishlist button, the item gets inserted into the shopping cart instead.

Any help will be greaty appreciated!

Sounds like you didnt make the correct changes to application_top.php OR you have CSS buttons installed and didn't search for that answer ;)

Edited by dblake

Sounds like you didnt make the correct changes to application_top.php OR you have CSS buttons installed and didn't search for that answer ;)

I don't have CSS buttons and I've checked the application_top.php several times and it's right. Any other suggestions?

This is how it works...

The wishlist code HAS to be before the shopping cart actions in order to work. When a user presses the Add to Wishlist button, it "sets" a $_POST variable with a value. The code in app_top checks to see if that variable "isset" and is the correct value.

Add this:

print_r($_POST);

exit();

After the wishlist actions, BEFORE the shopping cart actions. That will print out the post array to the screen and see if your getting your values. Save your app_top with the new code while your on the product_info page then click the add to wishlist button.

Paste me the output.

-Dennis

This is how it works...

The wishlist code HAS to be before the shopping cart actions in order to work. When a user presses the Add to Wishlist button, it "sets" a $_POST variable with a value. The code in app_top checks to see if that variable "isset" and is the correct value.

Add this:

print_r($_POST);

exit();

After the wishlist actions, BEFORE the shopping cart actions. That will print out the post array to the screen and see if your getting your values. Save your app_top with the new code while your on the product_info page then click the add to wishlist button.

Paste me the output.

-Dennis

Here's the output:

Array ( [products_id] => 227 [id] => Array ( [1] => 15 ) )

Your not getting your "wishlist" variable. Make sure the button's name and value are correct on product_info.php. You have register globals off? That could be another issue not sure... Anyway I have to go out. But your problem lies in there. Paste your findings, productinfo.php and applicationtop and I'll review it when I get back.

Your not getting your "wishlist" variable. Make sure the button's name and value are correct on product_info.php. You have register globals off? That could be another issue not sure... Anyway I have to go out. But your problem lies in there. Paste your findings, productinfo.php and applicationtop and I'll review it when I get back.

I just sent you a PM...

Think I found a "bug" - (not sure)

If I have a "one of a kind" product in my WishList as a reg. user - and the product is bought by somebody else in the meanwhile. The product is automatic no longer active, I cannot when I log on later remove the wish from the list??

Is that a bug? Or did I forget something.......

Helle :blush:

I noticed if you're in Admin using in my case Danish and look under Reports/Customer Wishlist - all the product names are in Danish?

Also if I change language to English in Admin the Customer Wishlist goes blank (I have no clue to tha - what can I have missed ?)

Helle :huh:

Think I found a "bug" - (not sure)

If I have a "one of a kind" product in my WishList as a reg. user - and the product is bought by somebody else in the meanwhile. The product is automatic no longer active, I cannot when I log on later remove the wish from the list??

Is that a bug? Or did I forget something.......

Helle :blush:

did anybody have the answer to this one??

I mean I sell lots of "one of a kind" products - that's a major problem?

Can't seem to be able to edit anything from admin - not even if I update the quantity of the product - the wishlist still has no checkbox to remove the product.....????

Helle :'(

Yea can't remove it. If you have "1 of a kind" products then when you delete that product out, since it will never be sold again. It will automatically get deleted from everyone's wishlist.

As far as admin reports, I didn't build that so I dunno.

hi dblake

Found out if I leave quantity and price =0

I can than just activate the product - and it can still be seen, but not bouhgt. I keep some of the products online - because they are oilpaintings. People like to see all of them - even after they've been sold......

Thanks for your reply

PS: must write to the guy who did the admin part *lol*

Helle .-)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dennis and all other Wishlist users!

Had a problem with the "call to member function on non-object" issue, even after replacing the Step 11 install code and changing all the L's to l's and any other fixes listed here in this thread.

Happened when I called the Wishlist box in column_left.php (I don't have a column_right on my site!) with the original code. This happened when I followed the link supplied in a Wishlist email. Prior attempts seemed to be working ok, but I now put that down to page caching, existing sessions etc etc.

Fixed it as below in column_left.php (or in column_right.php - depends where you call the infobox up), by simply commenting out the call to the function but still 'requiring' the Wishlist box :-

// Wish List 3.5 Start
 //if($wishlist->count_wishlist() != '0') { 
 //require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'wishlist.php'); 
 //}
 require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'wishlist.php'); 
 // Wish List 3.5 End

This makes the Wishlist box show on the page below the shopping cart info box, whether the user is logged in or not and whether the user has anything on the wishlist or not. Shows '0' items if the user is new or not logged in, but I feel that is a reminder to users that they can use the Wishlist!

I know it's a workaround and not the way Dennis wrote the code to work, but if it helps......

Respect to all the folk that actually write these contribs!

Edited by spannerman