• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wishlist 3.0 Support Thread

dblake

Hi @ll,

I'm trying to get Wishlist 3.5d to work together with Master Products but I'm stuck. The attributes are not stored (not in the session or when logged in, in the customers_wishlist_attributes table). I think it has to do with how Master Products stores the value for attributes.

Is there anyone here who got these two contribs to work together, including the attributes bit?

For further info on the code which I think is involved, please read my post in the MP contrib support: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...id=925301

Any help is much appreciated.

abra

The First Law of E-Commerce: If the user can't find the product, the user can't buy the product.

Feedback and suggestions on my shop welcome.

Note: My advice is based on my own experience or on something I read in these forums. No guarantee it'll work for you! Make sure that you always BACKUP the database and the files you are going to change so that you can rollback to a working version if things go wrong.

Hi,

I installed Wishlist. Everything seem right but when add an item to wishlist, I got error below. And then, that user always see this error instead of my catalog. Please help me ASAP

0 -

select pd.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from products p, products_description pd left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where pd.products_id = '6' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' order by products_name

[TEP STOP]

Some things take a bit of time to install. I had the "solution" when I was in bed last night (but resisted the urge to get up and restart the computer immediately).

The fix is very easy. In application_top.php I replaced the original Wishlist code with this:

//Wishlist actions (must be before shopping cart actions)
if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['wishlist_x'])) {
 if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'])) {
$prodId = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'];
if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS["id_$prodId"])) {
  $attributes_id = $HTTP_POST_VARS["id_$prodId"];
  tep_session_register('attributes_id');
}

$wishlist_id = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'];
tep_session_register('wishlist_id');
 }
tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST));
}

And now it works a treat. it might even be down to the JustOneAttribute contribution and not the Master Products. Can't remember if I fixed the Master Products add_slave in application_top.php or the JustOneAttribute code in product_info.php. Anyway, it's working now and I learned a bit more about this tep_session_register thing.

abra

Hi @ll,

I'm trying to get Wishlist 3.5d to work together with Master Products but I'm stuck. The attributes are not stored (not in the session or when logged in, in the customers_wishlist_attributes table). I think it has to do with how Master Products stores the value for attributes.

Is there anyone here who got these two contribs to work together, including the attributes bit?

For further info on the code which I think is involved, please read my post in the MP contrib support: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...id=925301

Any help is much appreciated.

abra

The First Law of E-Commerce: If the user can't find the product, the user can't buy the product.

Feedback and suggestions on my shop welcome.

Note: My advice is based on my own experience or on something I read in these forums. No guarantee it'll work for you! Make sure that you always BACKUP the database and the files you are going to change so that you can rollback to a working version if things go wrong.

Hi,

I installed Wishlist. Everything seem right but when add an item to wishlist, I got error below. And then, that user always see this error instead of my catalog. Please help me ASAP

0 -

select pd.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from products p, products_description pd left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where pd.products_id = '6' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' order by products_name

[TEP STOP]

Yeah, I fixed my problem. If you got error like mine, just replace some lines below in catalog/includes/boxes/wishlist.php (line 45)

$products_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where pd.products_id = '" . $wishlist_id . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' order by products_name");

Replace with

$products_query = tep_db_query("SELECT pd.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_id, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) AS specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) AS final_price FROM " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s ON pd.products_id = s.products_id WHERE pd.products_id = '" . $wishlist_id . "' AND p.products_id = pd.products_id AND pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' ORDER BY products_name");

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

hi. i am setting up a egrocery store.

i would like my customers to be able to build different shopping list, save them in the database and being able to recall them in a second time.

almost like what wishlist does, but should be more then 1 wish list, i should have many wishlist, with different names.

is there anything like this yet?

Expresionario.com | Pura Sub-cultura!

I created a gift registry that does this, but its not released to the public. But its more like a wedding/baby/birthday gift registry you send out to people so they can buy things for you an then its marked on there list as bought so other people dont buy the same thing. Prolly not what your looking for. dunno if I have seen anything like what your talking about.

thanks! everything works great.. except 1 thinwhen you send the wishlist to people the products arnt links.. its just the url. is that normal? what needs to be done to make this send clickable links?

hi dblake!

i dont think there is nothing done already for oscommerce, but it's commun tool in any e-grocery shop applcaition.

i understand the tool you are doing, do you think it would be a usefeull base for me to modify in order to get what i need? or it's on a compltely different direction?

if usefull, would you like to share this gift-list you mentioned?

it would be very nice of you!

thanks

jacopo

Edited by jacopo

Expresionario.com | Pura Sub-cultura!

i understand the tool you are doing, do you think it would be a usefeull base for me to modify in order to get what i need? or it's on a compltely different direction?

I think it would be a different approach. If it was me, I would brainstorm on what needed to be done and then go from there. You could probably add them in the same way but you would need multiples. The gift registry would be a better base, but you would still have to strip it down. Your better off starting from scratch.

No sorry not for free.

Good Luck,

Dennis

Edited by dblake

Hi,

i have installed the wishlist... and all appers to be fine..

Except the e-mails are never received at the destination addres ???

I get no errors i , i get the confirmation that the email has been sent..

Other emails are sent ok from the newsletter ok ???

Anyone got any ideas ??

Thanks

hi dblake!

i dont think there is nothing done already for oscommerce, but it's commun tool in any e-grocery shop applcaition.

it would be very nice of you!

thanks

jacopo

Hi Jacopo,

I think this might be what you are looking for.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1226

Philip

I can not get Wish list 3.0 to work 100%. It installed ok and I have the link to get to the page for the users wish list but I can not add items to my wishlist. The image button is not showing up for the products to add it to the wish list. This is what i have now in product_info.php file now (lines 373-383):

<tr>

<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, tep_get_all_get_params()) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_reviews.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_REVIEWS) . '</a>'; ?></td>

<td align="center"><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_wishlist.gif', 'Add to Wishlist', 'name="wishlist" value="wishlist"'); ?></td>

<?php if ($product_info['products_quantity'] > 0 ) { ?>

<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></td>

<?php } else { ?>

<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo NON_ONLINE_ITEM; ?></td>

<?php } ?>

<td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>

</tr>

If I delete this all above nothing changes so I am trying to figure out where else the code is for Add to cart, tell a freiend and reviews???

Help please.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I would love a kick in the right direction.

When I am a guest and I do anything that interacts with the wishlist.php file, I get redirected to login. If I add something to the wishlist it shows as added in the infobox, but I am still directed to the login page. Once logged in, the wishlist is transferred correctly and then all funcitons work as advertised, so far as I can tell.

What makes this tough is I am using the Basic Template System, so the default wishlist.php and wishlist_public.php have to be modified to meet this system. If anyone has had experience with this let me know.

Other than my stupid issue, the mod is fantastic.

Hi,

I have review a lot of times all the installation procedure, but can't find what goes wrong... Everything seem to work, but when trying to use the sending mail service, it shows me this error message (off course I have completed...)

You must include atleast one name and email.
Please enter an email address.

Any help would be much apreciated :)

Hi

I am getting the following error when opening

product_info.php

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/httpd/vhosts/aquariumsdelivered.co.uk/httpdocs/catalog/includes/column_right.php on line 14

Here the parts of the source code dealing with the wishlist (product_info.php)

//DISPLAY PRODUCT WAS ADDED TO WISHLIST IF WISHLIST REDIRECT IS ENABLED 
if(tep_session_is_registered('wishlist_id')) { ?>  <tr>  <td class="messageStackSuccess"><?php echo PRODUCT_ADDED_TO_WISHLIST; ?></td>  </tr> <?php tep_session_unregister('wishlist_id'); }
?>

<td align="center"><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_wishlist.gif', 'Add to Wishlist', 'name="wishlist" value="wishlist"'); ?></td>

Cant find where the problem is - can anybody give me a push in the right direction?

Thanks!! :D

Kerstin

i just installed the newest version on my test site. I double checked everything but I keep getting this error, half my shop wont display cause of it!!

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in

/includes/column_right.php on line 14

I tryed searching but no one else seemed to have gotten an answer can someone help??

Line 14 of column_right.php looks like this

if($wishList->count_wishlist() != '0') {

also

the install

STEP 14 - Add in a link to the wishlist wherever you want

Place this code where you want the "My Wishlist" link to appear, whether it be on the account page or in the header. Your choice. Use this code:

<a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST); ?>"><?php echo BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMER_WISHLIST; ?></a>

I could really use a bit more quide for this step I added mine to acount.php on line 24 cause I didn't know where else to put it...I wonder if the error is associcated?

Please someone let me know!

Edited by sugarsnow~

Hi there,

I installed Wishlist 3.5d to our osC-Shop Project. It works fine so far, after some headaches.

My last issue and question is: How can I add a product to the wishlist without tep_image_submit, but using tep_href_link?

I want to add a "Add to wishlist" button in product_listing.php and new_products.php. I'm trying around for a while but can't figure it out.

Thanks in advance.

Mario

Just use a variable $_GET instead of the $_POST. Change the code in application top where it asks if(isset($_POST['wishlist... (dont remember been months and months) to if(isset($_REQUEST[' ... and call it good.

-Dennis

Just use a variable $_GET instead of the $_POST. Change the code in application top where it asks if(isset($_POST['wishlist... (dont remember been months and months) to if(isset($_REQUEST[' ... and call it good.

-Dennis

Thanks for the fast reply.

Indeed a simple change. :lol: But I didn't see it.

The code now looks like:

application_top.php

//Wishlist actions (must be before shopping cart actions)
 if(isset($_REQUEST['wishlist_x'])) {
if(isset($_REQUEST['products_id'])) {
  if(isset($_REQUEST['id'])) {
	$attributes_id = $_REQUEST['id'];
	tep_session_register('attributes_id');
  }
  $wishlist_id = $_REQUEST['products_id'];
  tep_session_register('wishlist_id');
}
tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST));
 }

new_products.php / product_listing.php

[...]
'<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename(FILENAME_WISHLIST), 'wishlist_x=0&products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">'
[...]

In the last two files I had to fake wishlist_x because in application_top.php it is checking for that request and didn't accept it until this.

It is working now, thanks alot! :thumbsup:

Edited by Nuclear-Ping

I asked this once already....can anyone help?

Wishlist Look-up for visitors.

Can you tell me how someone visiting my website can look up or search for someone elses wishlist by entering the email address in a search box or by selecting from a drop-down box that includes all current wishlists?

Is there a contribution for this maybe?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, i just installed the wishlist 3.5, everything works o.k. except one thnig,

If you add something to wishlist. you will see in the wishlistbox: 01"link product"

if click after that on a catagory, or any other function except the wishlistbox, the hyperlink in the wishlistbox will dissapear and only 01 is showing up..

Somebody have the same problem or knows how to fix it?