• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wishlist 3.0 Support Thread

dblake

So QTPro finally works with Wishlist now? :)

It works for me !! The addition i added above. It should be fine to use this addition even if QTPRO is not installed because...

if attrcomb is set (QTPro is installed) id will not be set

and

if id is set (QTPro is not installed) attrcomb will not be set.

Best Wishes

Alex

Its Only Me

Alex

I have a wishlist_help.php file put together based on the text from Adrienne's help file on her website. I just copied, renamed and edited catalog/shipping.php and catalog/includes/languages/english/shipping.php and then inserted the text that I wanted to appear on that page. You can see mine here: Wishlist Help.

Laurel

Yea wishlist_help.php was supposed to be done by someone else but seems they just took the contribution and ran. I would just remove that link as I am not doing a help file.

Hi!!

I found the wishlist_help.php in the version 2.3.1 :D wonder it can help! ;)

Anyway, I need your help!

I have updated from version 3.0 to 3.5d. But now, when I try to send the wishlist by mail, it gives me these errors in red:

ERROR_ONE_EMAIL

ERROR_ENTER_EMAIL

Eventhough I have filled the sender name and mail and the destinatary name and mail.. Also tryed by being registrated, but neither... :(

Any clue?

Hi!!

I found the wishlist_help.php in the version 2.3.1 :D wonder it can help! ;)

Anyway, I need your help!

I have updated from version 3.0 to 3.5d. But now, when I try to send the wishlist by mail, it gives me these errors in red:

ERROR_ONE_EMAIL

ERROR_ENTER_EMAIL

Eventhough I have filled the sender name and mail and the destinatary name and mail.. Also tryed by being registrated, but neither... :(

Any clue?

Well that wishlist_help.php file will do no good as this wishlist works competely different. You forgot to update your language files.

-Dennis

Well that wishlist_help.php file will do no good as this wishlist works competely different. You forgot to update your language files.

-Dennis

Thanks for your help Dennis!

You were right, I didn't uploaded correctly the language file. But I still having the same proble, but now I can read the error... :(

You must include atleast one name and email.
Please enter an email address.

I've come up with an idea that may fix the problem where when someone adds a product to their wishlist with attributes it is not deleted when the item is deleted in admin because the item # is stored with the attributes attached in the wishlist database.

What I was thinking is what if we stripped the attributes from the wishlist id number and then created a field in the database where customers can add any comments about who they want to buy them the item or what size they want or whatever so then the attributes would not need to be saved and the wishlist would be able to be personalized more. Simular to what Amazon does in their wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/

Good/bad idea? What do you all think?

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

This I thought was already fixed by Janz with the regex hack? Couple pages back Janz posts a fix so the item is still deleleted if it has attributes attached or not.

I looked back over the thread for about 20 minutes but I cannot find anything about this there or by searching??? And there is no update to the contrib since your 3.5d version and the turkish version. Maybe I'm missing something?

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

This is a great contribution. I've been looking for something to do this for a while. Many thanks.

I installed it last night, and everything went fine. No error messages or anything. But I have a couple of issues.

I created a wishlist and sent it to a separate email address on a different computer. The email went through fine, although the link didn't show up as hypertext (I'll figure that out later). When I followed the link, it took me to "John Smith's Wishlist" as it should. However, When I select a product from the list, and click add to cart, It takes me back to the index page.

If I log in, I can select a product from my own wishlist and add to cart works fine.

any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

This is a great contribution. I've been looking for something to do this for a while. Many thanks.

I installed it last night, and everything went fine. No error messages or anything. But I have a couple of issues.

I created a wishlist and sent it to a separate email address on a different computer. The email went through fine, although the link didn't show up as hypertext (I'll figure that out later). When I followed the link, it took me to "John Smith's Wishlist" as it should. However, When I select a product from the list, and click add to cart, It takes me back to the index page.

If I log in, I can select a product from my own wishlist and add to cart works fine.

any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Sorry about that. I found the answer. I must have dozed off the first time reading through.

Again, great work.

Hi, I have renamned Wishlist to Favourites in a clients shop. The intention of "Favourites" is that customers can save products they are interested in or often buy.

Will the wishlist products stay in the wishlist when customers buy them? If not, how can i disable the feature that deletes bought wishlist products? I want them to stay there until the customer delets them herself.

Thanks!

i am getting this error when i try to view my wishlist. can anyone help?

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select pd.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_image, p.products_status, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from products p, products_description pd left join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id where pd.products_id = '141' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' order by products_name

i have the latest OSC with the update

I do not know how you received that error. Your install must not be right or you missing some db work. Dunno?

you mean my install of the contribution or of osc? my osc install works fine. im going to try to reinstall the wishlist and see what happens. ive tried to figure out how im getting this error but have not had any luck

I do not know how you received that error. Your install must not be right or you missing some db work. Dunno?

ok so i think i got it working. in this query:

$products_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_image, p.products_status, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where pd.products_id = '" . $product_id . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' order by products_name");

i changed this:

pd left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on pd.products_id = s.products_id where pd.products_id = '" . $product_id . "' and p.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' order by products_name");

to this:

pd left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on pd.products_id = s.products_id where pd.products_id = '" . $product_id . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' order by products_name");

i just added a d to the p.products_id so that it is pd.products_id

why would this make it work? i dont really understand how that query was made and what it means. whats the p and pd mean?