• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wishlist 3.0 Support Thread

dblake

Dennis,

All seems to be working now on my site. Not sure what the problem was but for some reason it started working after I was able to get my connection fixed through Comcast. Perhpas clearing offline files and my cache had something to do with it? Anyway, contribution works great... Do you need any help repackaging it for release?

Hi, I've been watching this with much interest, and have been waiting for the full package update. My store is live, so I'm doing less "testing" these days. Anyway, I'm willing to provide assistance with the wishlist help file once a new code version is up. Let me know if that would be useful.

Thanks! :D

Adrienne

Your screen shots look good but it will have to be re-wrriten. This wishlist works completey diff than 2.4. Especially with the guest enhancement. Well if I have time this weekend I will go back though this thread and make sure I have all the required fixes. Hopefully I dont miss anything. I still want to have a split page results but haven't done that yet either. My time comes and goes and right now I have none, but I'll try to get this completed with all the updates in one package.

So yes i need someone to do the wishlist_help.php file for this as honestly I dont really want to do it lol.

-Dennis

• 2 weeks later...
My time comes and goes and right now I have none, but I'll try to get this completed with all the updates in one package.

I guess your time has gone. :-"

Anyway, I won't be adding the help file until there is a full package to work with. Still looking forward...

Thanks,

Adrienne

• 2 weeks later...

Hi .... first: Cool contrib.

It's probably me or my crappy test server.... but It seems that I keep items in my list while they are purchased.... Sounds familiar or do I have to check my code again?

Grtz

Just had a look, and it was my crappy test server ....... since the empty action thingy is done after the email thingy ...... and my email crapped out... Well you can do the math :S

Thnx for the fast reply..... Cool contrib.... easy to use in a whole different lay out and all...

as soon as we've got it live, Ill let you know

www.lamor.nl

Thanks for this great contribution.

HELP! Newbie here... I was wondering if anyone had taken the time to add a quantity field to the wish list page. We have products that the customer would like to add a quantity of more than one to thier wishlist. Has anyone done this? Is this possible???

Hey all, Awesome contrib as I have seen from the people who's sites have been posted in this thread.

I installed everything and I am getting an error...

Note: I replaced my account and site name with account/site

Warning: main(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES/FILENAME_WISHLIST): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hsphere/local/home/account/site/catalog/wishlist.php on line 13

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'DIR_WS_LANGUAGES/FILENAME_WISHLIST' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /hsphere/local/home/account/site/catalog/wishlist.php on line 13

Since this is not a file that I had to edit, only upload, I am assuming that it isnt something I mistakenly coded... But I have been wrong before B)

I assume that it is looking for catalog/includes/languages/english/wishlist.php and not finding it, but it is there.

So I changed the code on line 13 to go right to catalog/includes/languages/english/wishlist.php. Then I get the error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_href_link() in /hsphere/local/home/account/site/catalog/includes/languages/english/wishlist.php on line 21

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: infoboxheading in /hsphere/local/home/account/site/catalog/wishlist.php on line 27

So I got rid of the tep_href_link() in catalog/includes/languages/english/wishlist.php and replace it with a regular link to the help file and it takes care of that problem but I dont know ho to fix the the prob on line 27 since it is saying something is wrong with the call new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false, tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST, '','NONSSL'));

So maybe I am just missing something that will clear these problems up... hopefully :)

my site is http://thebarnfloor.com

check my source if you need to.

I am changing all of the code back to the way it was originally.

Thank you in advance for any help because it is much appreciated.

-Chris

Hey all, good news. I was able to figure it out. I simply put a wrong file somewhere, got them mixed up, thats all.

I do have a question though. What is wishlist_public.php for?????

I am editting catalog/wishlist.php and wonder what I should be doing with catalog/wishlist_public.php.. to make the changes similar...

Thanks,

Chris

wishlist_public.php is the file that the public can see. So if you login to your account and add some things to your wishlist, then email them to your friends (yourself for testing puposes), it will email you a unique link that allows your friends to see your wishlist as is. From that page they can also add products from your public wishlist to there shopping cart and purchase them.

-Dennis

Anyone have any ideas on how to solve this. I am getting this message from my server when I send the wishlist to a friend.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.50 (Fedora) Server at www.xxxxxxxx.com Port 80

I should be getting the green message that says the e-mail has been sent succesfully... The emails go through but the erroe page appears.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Marco

Okay the error message only comes up when I leave empty fields. Is there any way to correct this. I have checked out other sites that use the contribution, from other threads I have read, and they do not have this problem. Is there any way to make these fields required. I have included the error log from my server.

[client xx.xxx.xxx.xx] malformed header from script. Bad header=No recipient addresses found i: php-script

Thanks,

Marco

Hello!

Thanks for this wonderful contribution.

Any ideas on how to validate that an attribue has been selected?

I also have the Must Select contirbution, which does validate that a selection other than the first (which for me is "Please Select") is selected when going to the cart.

I have tried and tried to make it work for the Wish List transfer too, but I just can't figure it out.

Regards,

Carlos

Hello,

I was wondering about: $wishList->clear(); in the checkout_process.php file...

If I AM NOT LOGGED IN, and add an item to the Wish List, and then add the item to the cart from the Wish List - when I checkout, the item IS REMOVED from the Wish List.

However:

If I AM LOGGED IN, and add an item to the Wish List, and then add the item to the cart from the Wish List - when I checkout, the item IS NOT REMOVED from the Wish List.

Is this as it should be, or have I messed somwthing up?

Thanks,

Carlos

It should remove from your wishlist if you buy it. Tonight I may go through the wishlist and fix all the probs stated in the thread, then add in error checking and check on what you just mentioned. But it should remove from your wishlist if you bought the product.

-Dennis

/*****UPDATE******/

Uploaded Wishlist 3.5 Final

Added in the error checking for the wishlist page, and fixed the problems listed in this thread.

Any problems let me know.

Also wishlist_help.php file still needs to be created, thankyou to whoever does this.

Admin Stats will be released later (when i have time) as a separate addon.

-Dennis

/*****UPDATE******/

Uploaded Wishlist 3.5 Final

Added in the error checking for the wishlist page, and fixed the problems listed in this thread.

Any problems let me know.

Also wishlist_help.php file still needs to be created, thankyou to whoever does this.

Admin Stats will be released later (when i have time) as a separate addon.

-Dennis

Hello Dennis,

Thanks for taking time to update this great contribution. I've just installed a new version. However, when I go to my store, there is nothing appears at the right column. When I go to wishlist.php, there no bottom part appears.

What's wrong?

Thanks,

Irina.

Edited by Irin