• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wishlist 3.0 Support Thread

dblake

Yea I'm going to do that too, right now it only checks for the cart. If you put it in the cart and then click on the link from the shopping cart, it selects the correct one. I think I would have to put the attributes in the session and I don't want to do that. LOL I'm lazy but that would be ideal. I may come up with a workaround ;)

Dennis

Fixed the public_wishlist.php. I uploaded it in the contributions. There was 3 changes. I had the variable for the id number wrong, was $customer_id instead of $public_id, that is why it worked when u were logged in and looking at your own public list. Other 2 changes were to the product links. It wasn't linking with attributes added to it.

That should now be fixed.

Dennis

Hi.

I need a little help getting the WishList 3.1 installed.

I have installed modules successfully in the past by downloading them to my PC, then unzipping and reading the readme.txt. Then uploading the files to the appropriate subdirectory on my site.

With the wishlist, the install.txt stated not only to uploaded six files, but to run the wishlist.sql file. Furthermore, there are several other steps in the install.txt document like "open filenames.php and add define("FILENAME_WISHLIST', 'wishlist.php;) ...

So far I have uploaded the six files to my site per Step 1 of the install.txt. Can you please explain exactly what needs to be done from here?

Thanks a million!!

dblake,

everything works great now. One other small glitch. If an item has an apostrophe in the name:

There's Something About Mary

It shows up in the e-mail as:

There\'s Something About Mary

Any ideas?

Open up wishlist.php and go to line 85. It should be this:

$prods .= $name . "  " . $HTTP_POST_VARS['prod_att'][$z] . "\n" . $HTTP_POST_VARS['prod_link'][$z] . "\n\n";

Change it to this:

$prods .= $name . "  " . stripslashes($HTTP_POST_VARS['prod_att'][$z]) . "\n" . $HTTP_POST_VARS['prod_link'][$z] . "\n\n";

Notice the function stripslashes(); It will strip out those added slashes that are added when you post the name.

-Dennis

p.s.: Will be updated when I do another update. It's not critical so it can wait for the next update :P

Edited by dblake

Hi.

I need a little help getting the WishList 3.1 installed.

I have installed modules successfully in the past by downloading them to my PC, then unzipping and reading the readme.txt.  Then uploading the files to the appropriate subdirectory on my site.

With the wishlist, the install.txt stated not only to uploaded six files, but to run the wishlist.sql file.  Furthermore, there are several other steps in the install.txt document like "open filenames.php and add define("FILENAME_WISHLIST', 'wishlist.php;) ...

So far I have uploaded the six files to my site per Step 1 of the install.txt.  Can you please explain exactly what needs to be done from here?

Thanks a million!!

Just follow along in the instructions. You just open up the file it tells you and you edit what it tells you. Add below, Add above, you get the idea.

To run the .sql file you need to open up your favorite mysql program. I use phpmyadmin, and then you just go to the sql tab and copy and paste the contents into the sql box or just open the file from the browse and push go.

Thats it!

Dennis

Dennis,

Great update to the contribution, your version is certainly more user friendly. I have one question and I'm not sure if this is by design. When a user (signed into their account) creates a wishlist using one computer can he view the wishlist using another computer when signed into his/her account? It maybe my install and perhaps I'm missing something from the install, but I am not able to view a wishlist that was created using another P.C.

Hmmmm, must be something with my install. When I log off and log back in as a customer the items I previously added are not viewable. So P.C.'s doesn't matter its just not finding the wishlist. I do notice that the table entries are there and it keeps adding the inserts each time I enter something into a new wishlist on the same customer. It kind of seems as though its not able to locate the 'wishlist_id' from a previous session. I'll keep looking...

Hmmmm, must be something with my install. When I log off and log back in as a customer the items I previously added are not viewable. So P.C.'s doesn't matter its just not finding the wishlist. I do notice that the table entries are there and it keeps adding the inserts each time I enter something into a new wishlist on the same customer. It kind of seems as though its not able to locate the 'wishlist_id' from a previous session. I'll keep looking...

What's the url? I have this mod installed just fine but did an upgrade from v2.0. Also, did you shorten the table i.e. change the table width from the default?

Thanks,

Rolly

Yep I got that much, I guess that when the customer logs back in its not pulling the 'wishlist_id' from the database. I'm probably wrong but thats all I could come up with...

Everything seems to be working fine while I'm logged in.

Got it thanks, didn't miss step 11, just messed it up completely...

// restore cart contents
       $cart->restore_contents();

if (sizeof($navigation->snapshot) > 0) {
         $origin_href = tep_href_link($navigation->snapshot['page'], tep_array_to_string($navigation->snapshot['get'], array(tep_session_name())), $navigation->snapshot['mode']);
         $navigation->clear_snapshot();
         tep_redirect($origin_href);
       } else {
         tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT));
       }
     }
   }
 }

// restore wishlist to sesssion
       $wishList->restore_wishlist();

Changed to:

// restore cart contents
       $cart->restore_contents();

$wishList->restore_wishlist();

if (sizeof($navigation->snapshot) > 0) {
         $origin_href = tep_href_link($navigation->snapshot['page'], tep_array_to_string($navigation->snapshot['get'], array(tep_session_name())), $navigation->snapshot['mode']);
         $navigation->clear_snapshot();
         tep_redirect($origin_href);
       } else {
         tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT));
       }
     }
   }
 }

A couple of things,

1.) Why did you remove the splitPage count for wishlist.php? (just curious)

2.) Don't forget to add the $i = 0; to wishlist.php

<?php
? ? ? ?$i = 0;

?while (list($wishlist_id, ) = each($wishList->wishID)) {

?	$product_id = tep_get_prid($wishlist_id);

? ? ?$products_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where pd.products_id = '" . $product_id . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' order by products_name");
?	$products = tep_db_fetch_array($products_query);

? ? ? ?if (($i/2) == floor($i/2)) {
? ? ? ? ?$class = "productListing-even";
? ? ? ?} else {
? ? ? ? ?$class = "productListing-odd";
? ? ? ?}

?>

Edited by BearHappy

Well I took it out because it gets the contents of your wishlist from the session. I havent' looked into splitting pages up by arrays. I'll look into that today.

Dennis

Thx for letting me know I missed something else ;) Will be added in next update.

Got it thanks, didn't miss step 11, just messed it up completely...

// restore cart contents
? ? ? ?$cart->restore_contents();

? ? ? ?if (sizeof($navigation->snapshot) > 0) {
? ? ? ? ?$origin_href = tep_href_link($navigation->snapshot['page'], tep_array_to_string($navigation->snapshot['get'], array(tep_session_name())), $navigation->snapshot['mode']);
? ? ? ? ?$navigation->clear_snapshot();
? ? ? ? ?tep_redirect($origin_href);
? ? ? ?} else {
? ? ? ? ?tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT));
? ? ? ?}
? ? ?}
? ?}
?}

? ? ? ?$wishList->restore_wishlist();

Changed to:

// restore cart contents
? ? ? ?$cart->restore_contents();

? ? ? ?$wishList->restore_wishlist();

? ? ? ?if (sizeof($navigation->snapshot) > 0) {
? ? ? ? ?$origin_href = tep_href_link($navigation->snapshot['page'], tep_array_to_string($navigation->snapshot['get'], array(tep_session_name())), $navigation->snapshot['mode']);
? ? ? ? ?$navigation->clear_snapshot();
? ? ? ? ?tep_redirect($origin_href);
? ? ? ?} else {
? ? ? ? ?tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT));
? ? ? ?}
? ? ?}
? ?}
?}

Hi Guys :-" ,

I am wondering if you know what would keep the add wishlist in the products_info.php from adding the product_id to the customer_wishlist table. I am actually using the wishlist included in CRE6.15. It adds the customer_id but puts a "0" in the product_id for every entry. It is adding the entrys.

<tr class="infoBoxContents">
           <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
             <tr>
               <td width="10"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '10', '1'); ?></td>
               <td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_REVIEWS, tep_get_all_get_params()) . '">' . tep_template_image_button('button_reviews.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_REVIEWS) . '</a>'; ?></td>
               <td class="main" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_template_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></form></td>
              <!-- Begin Wishlist Code -->
               <td align="right" class="main"><?php if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=add_wishlist') . '">' . tep_image_button('button_add_wishlist.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_ADD_WISHLIST) . '</a>'; ?></td>
              <!-- End Wishlist Code -->

Help would be much appreciated.

dblake...

The empty wishlist page is breaking my layout. Tried to find the offending or missed tag but couldn't.

http://www.antiquegardenstyle.com/shop/wishlist.php

Find this

} else { // Nothing in the customers wishlist

?>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
  <tr>
 <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
   <tr>
	 <td class="main"><?php echo BOX_TEXT_NO_ITEMS;?></td>
   </tr>
 </table>
 </td>
  </tr>
</table>

And replace with this

} else { // Nothing in the customers wishlist

?>
 <tr>
<td>
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
  <tr>
 <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
   <tr>
	 <td class="main"><?php echo BOX_TEXT_NO_ITEMS;?></td>
   </tr>
 </table>
 </td>
  </tr>
</table>
</td>
 </tr>
</table>
</form>

Ill have the fixed file uploaded as soon as we put together finishing ideas so I can upload this as FINAL.

Dennis