• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wishlist 3.0 Support Thread

dblake

You can change how many emails shows up through the admin. If you want just 1, great, just set it to 1. If you want 50 then by all means set it to 50 ;).

You must mean the older code from 2.4?

Im glad everything went really good. Let me know of any other probs.

Thanks,

Dennis

You can change how many emails shows up through the admin.  If you want just 1, great, just set it to 1.  If you want 50 then by all means set it to 50 ;).

You must mean the older code from 2.4?

Im glad everything went really good.  Let me know of any other probs.

Thanks,

Dennis

Oh, well that's a bonus! I didn't even check the admin side of this. Was too tired and at the same time too happy that it worked.

Yes. I had a modified/layout 2.4 in my OSC and for the most part, removed the old database tables. Basically, just worked backward from the 2.4 install and then installed 3.1 and was pretty much done.

I have been working this when I can and I finally have something to put up for testers and for additions to be added.  I have re-wrote the code so this is not an update for 2.4.  You will need to uninstall the older version and install this one.

Features:

1. Optimized queries down to 1-2 per product depending on attributes or not.

2. Attributes now work correctly, you can add the same product with different attributes and it will show up correctly on your wishlist.

3. If a user is not logged in and they press "Add to Wishlist" then the product id is stored throughout there logging or creating an account.  Once there done it will add to there wishlist.

4. Added in the capability to redirect back to the products page or stay on the wishlist page when a user pushes the add to wishlist button.  Setting done in admin.

5. Combined the email functions into the main wishlist page.  Added in mulitple emails the user can send to.  The number is editable through the admin settings.

6. Added a public_wishlist view instead of emailing products through email, it just emails them there unique link.  The public wishlist will only allow the user to view and add to cart from that list.  They will not be able to delete.  For security measures.

7. When a user adds an item from there wishlist, it displays "Item in Cart" instead of removing it from the wishlist.  Once a user checks out, it will check to see if they are buying anything from there wishlist and at that point remove it.  I did this just in case someone added a product to their cart and for some reason didnt check out.

8. Removed all that crap in application_top and just added about 5 lines to it to keep more of the code separate from osc.

Other updates and changes as well.  I have not created a wishlist_help.php file so if someone would like to create that, then by all means.  Let me know of any problems you run acrossed and let me know of anything that needs to be added.  This is not final so don replace your exisiting one until we work out any kinks.

Download here: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1682/

-Dennis

Can't seem to fiqure this out, now I get this error: Parse error: parse error, unexpected ',' in /home/jessnj/public_html/store/includes/functions/database.php on line 16

Dennis,

Just to be sure here, the install.txt reads

4. Open catalog/includes/database.php

Because there isn't one, I edited the database_table.php. That may throw people off trying to find database.php in the includes and should be corrected in the install.txt. At least thats what I did.

Dennis, let us know if this is correct.

Thanks,

Rolly

dblake,

Awesome update to the contribution man. I have a few suggestions for improvement on this one:

1) Can the link in the e-mail sent to friends be sent as an HTML link? As it is, it is plain text, meaning they have to copy and paste the link into a browser to view it.

2) A link to the wishlist.php page needs to be added SOMEWHERE on the product_info page or on the top link bar (My Account | Cart Contents). As a guest, it is currently impossible to view the wishlist without adding a new item.

3) A link to the wishlist could also be added to the bottom of the wishlist box.

4) Add a link to the wishlist page from account.php.

Other than that, great job man, I see no problems yet.

pnkranger,

1) Can the link in the e-mail sent to friends be sent as an HTML link? As it is, it is plain text, meaning they have to copy and paste the link into a browser to view it.

That might be a user email software setting. I get a HTML link when I tested it.

2) A link to the wishlist.php page needs to be added SOMEWHERE on the product_info page or on the top link bar (My Account | Cart Contents). As a guest, it is currently impossible to view the wishlist without adding a new item.

Again, it's in the product_info in my site. As well, it's in the right_colum.php too. Are you sure you have it installed right?

3) A link to the wishlist could also be added to the bottom of the wishlist box.

Can you elaborate on this one? I think that might be just a program added code that you can modify yourself. And why would you want one in the wishlist box? Just asking.

There is one when a customer logs in.

Rolly

pnkranger,

That might be a user email software setting. I get a HTML link when I tested it.

Again, it's in the product_info in my site. As well, it's in the right_colum.php too. Are you sure you have it installed right?

Can you elaborate on this one? I think that might be just a program added code that you can modify yourself. And why would you want one in the wishlist box? Just asking.

There is one when a customer logs in.

Rolly

I think you have the older version (2.x). This thread is talking about hte Beta version of 3.0. These things have not been installed in that version.

Am I right, dblake?

There is no link in the account pages.

There is however a link in the wishlist box, that little arrow off to the right.

The link in the email should show up as a link unless you are an aol user or something.

I am taking notes and the next release will have these options.

-Dennis

OK found the problem

Find this line 

? ?	<td valign="top" class="productListing-data"><?php echo $products_price; ?></td>

Add this above so it looks like this now

? ?	</td>
? ?	<td valign="top" class="productListing-data"><?php echo $products_price; ?></td>

-Dennis

Updated to 3.02 Beta

Which file is this in? I don't see it

Thats old, install 3.1.

-Dennis

Thats what I did install, should I delete all wishlist files and restart or just recheck codes? Think I may have messed up database file in functions, what ever I do still gives me the same error but different line.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ',' in /home/jessnj/public_html/store/includes/functions/database.php on line 14

Thats what I did install, should I delete all wishlist files and restart or just recheck codes? Think I may have messed up database file in functions, what ever I do still gives me the same error but different line.

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ',' in /home/jessnj/public_html/store/includes/functions/database.php on line 14

It should be database_tables.php in the includes and not datebase in the funtions.

What I did is I had to remove the old tables from the database (back it up first!) and then re-installed the database that Dennis provided. Then I removed most of the old wishlist files and re-uploaded the new files.

But make sure you are editing the database_tables.php and not the database.php and see if that doesn't fix it first.

Rolly

It should be database_tables.php in the includes and not datebase in the funtions.

What I did is I had to remove the old tables from the database (back it up first!) and then re-installed the database that Dennis provided. Then I removed most of the old wishlist files and re-uploaded the new files.

But make sure you are editing the database_tables.php and not the database.php and see if that doesn't fix it first.

Rolly

I don't think I added any files to that I believe I moved something out of place. Not sure why I even looked there

Found a glitch.

When you send your wishlist to a friend as a guest, the attributes are saved into the links.

However, when you send as a registered user, it does not save the attributes on the public wishlist. You might have to log out or clear your cache if they show up. Or maybe try to access it from a different computer.

Did I screw something up or does someone else see this?

Found a glitch.

When you send your wishlist to a friend as a guest, the attributes are saved into the links.

However, when you send as a registered user, it does not save the attributes on the public wishlist. You might have to log out or clear your cache if they show up. Or maybe try to access it from a different computer.

Did I screw something up or does someone else see this?

Hate to break the bad news; haven't been able to recreate that problem yet. Cleared the cache (but I will try the computer at home later).

Also, I dropped the v2.0 database tables and re-inserted the one Dennis provided. Not sure if this will help or if you did this either.

Can you list the url or PM it to me?

Edited by G4 Productions

Maybe he means the attributes being saved into the links like so:

product_info.php?products_id=26{3}8

which is not a problem and thats exactly how that should work.

Dunno what else you could mean.

Dennis

Maybe he means the attributes being saved into the links like so:

product_info.php?products_id=26{3}8

which is not a problem and thats exactly how that should work.

Dunno what else you could mean.

Dennis

http://www.antiquegardenstyle.com/shop

Register, make a wishlist, then send it to yourself. Log out and go to the public wishlist.

No attributes will be listed under the products.

If you logout, it should clear the wishlist.  It doesn't do that?

Sorry, I'm a little inarticulate when it comes to technology sometimes.

The problem is that, when logged in, I can view my wishlist perfectly with attributes.

The guest e-mail sender also sends the attributes.

However,

When a non-logged user (a friend) goes to view my public wishlist:

wishlist_public.php?public_id=x

The attributes do not show up.