• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wishlist 3.0 Support Thread

dblake

Hello,

For those having the add to wishlist going to shopping cart problem. The March 2nd contribution has a warning in the installation.

Check to see if in catalog/includes/application_top you have followed the instructions exactly.

I have posted FIMBLE's instructions for your convenience.

Edit catalog/includes/application_top.php

FIND AROUND LINE 24

// include shopping cart class

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'shopping_cart.php');

ADD BELOW

// include wishlist class

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'wishlist.php');

FIND AROUND LINE 317

// Shopping cart actions

ADD THE FOLLOWING CODE SEE THE WARNING BELOW ALSO ****** ABOVE ********

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ NOTE @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

IF YOU DO NOT ADD THIS THEN THE ADD TO WISHLIST BUTTON WILL ADD THE ITEM TO THE SHOPPING CART

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

// wishlist data

if(!tep_session_is_registered('wishList')) {

tep_session_register('wishList');

$wishList = new wishlist;

}

//Wishlist actions (must be before shopping cart actions)

if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['wishlist_x'])) {

if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'])) {

if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['id'])) {

$attributes_id = $HTTP_POST_VARS['id'];

tep_session_register('attributes_id');

}

$wishlist_id = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'];

tep_session_register('wishlist_id');

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST));

}

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ NOTE @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

IF YOU DO NOT ADD THIS THEN THE ADD TO WISHLIST BUTTON WILL ADD THE ITEM TO THE SHOPPING CART

Has anyone gotten this contribution to work correctly? The customer's products go directly to the shopping cart and never reach the wishlist. I have redone the installation several times and it still does not work correctly.

Does anyone know if this contribution will allow the user to delete products that are out of stock from wishlist?

From a quick check it appears that if the item gets turned off you can't delete it from the list, but if quantity is zero you can.

Has anyone gotten this contribution to work correctly?

It's working fine for me :)

Joe

MacMan strikes again!

Always backup first before listening to me!

From a quick check it appears that if the item gets turned off you can't delete it from the list, but if quantity is zero you can.

Any ideas as to what causes the products to go to the shopping cart instead of the wishlist?

Not sure, I would revert to your backup and try the install from scratch. I remember reading lots of warnings about that on install so I have a sneaky suspicion that something has gone wrong there.

Joe

MacMan strikes again!

Always backup first before listening to me!

Not sure, I would revert to your backup and try the install from scratch. I remember reading lots of warnings about that on install so I have a sneaky suspicion that something has gone wrong there.

I've gone back to my backup and reinstalled from scratch four times. No errors show up - the products still go to the shopping cart.

Ok thanks for letting me know.

:rolleyes:

hi,

Me too i have a litle problem: when i push add to cart the shopping cart is emty. Will be populate if soon i go back one time.

i don't understand where is the problem

Thanks

i have deleted the modification of html_output.php and with old code wich not call seo.class.php are working

may be there the problem?

Thanks

I just completed the install, added the button (see below):

<a href="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST); ?>"><?php echo BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMER_WISHLIST; ?></a>

To my header page instead of my account page (which it said was okay). When I click on the "My Wishlist" Link, it gives me this error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_category() (previously declared in /home/mikey/public_html/includes/header.php:194) in /home/mikey/public_html/includes/boxes/categories.php on line 13

I read through the entire thread and I only found one case where this was brought up and it didn't pretain to me. Also, the error was on line 62 of the categories.php not 13.

Here is line 13:

function tep_show_category ($counter) {

global $tree, $categories_string, $cPath_array;

Were you able to get this sorted out?

I'm having the same problem. Doesn't matter where I put the link (header or account page), I still get the Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_category() ... when clicking through to wishlist.php. I've inherited this store so I'm not 100% certain yet what edits were made before my time but I don't there is anything abnormal about the layout. I have double checked the installation and edits suggested in this thread. Perhaps this contribution just doesn't work for osCommerce 2.2-MS2?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I have a question. I have set up WISHLISTT latest contribution and it works almost fine. However the sent wishlists don't add into the ADMIN properly and also the Wishlist Reports Screen doesn't show the fields properly (even though I've added all the define codes etc correctly). See screenshot at http://clients.pcvmedia.com/osc/screen1.png (it appears that 1 sent wishlist added, but since then none!)

Any ideas?

Secondly, I want to have a seperate Wishlist, so in effect there's 2 types of wishlists running. One for normal visitors other for wedding giftlist visitors. Any suggestions how this would be achieved the easiest way?

It could even have both on at the same time so 2 buttons ADD TO WISHLIST or ADD TO WEDDING WISHLIST, or even better, as the Wedding Wishlist visitors would be forwarded from another site, it would go to a version of OSC that only shows the Wedding Wishlist option.

Any ideas of how I might achieve this easily would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Paul

Edited by silverporl

Hello everyone,

I have a question. I have set up WISHLISTT latest contribution and it works almost fine. However the sent wishlists don't add into the ADMIN properly and also the Wishlist Reports Screen doesn't show the fields properly (even though I've added all the define codes etc correctly). See screenshot at http://clients.pcvmedia.com/osc/screen1.png (it appears that 1 sent wishlist added, but since then none!)

Any ideas?

Secondly, I want to have a seperate Wishlist, so in effect there's 2 types of wishlists running. One for normal visitors other for wedding giftlist visitors. Any suggestions how this would be achieved the easiest way?

It could even have both on at the same time so 2 buttons ADD TO WISHLIST or ADD TO WEDDING WISHLIST, or even better, as the Wedding Wishlist visitors would be forwarded from another site, it would go to a version of OSC that only shows the Wedding Wishlist option.

Any ideas of how I might achieve this easily would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Paul

OK I've figured out that only logged in customers will be added to the REPORTS PRODUCTS WISHLISTED, not guests, fine. Also I've simply dropped another copy of my shop into another subfolder, to create a slightly different Wishlist look and feel, works fine BUT I need to make it so that the Wishlist is automatically sent to the shop admin, and no fields are shown for friends name's and email. So the client just types in their name and email and it goes off to the admin. I can't set that option to 0 on the admin system, as I still need the 10 fields showing for the normal version of the shop running off the same database, so somehow for the new version I need to hash out/modify the code to ignore those fields. Any help would be grandly appreciated. Thanks.

Does the latest version from FIMBLE (4.1) work with osc 2.2MS2? The documentation just says "Guest Enchanced Wishlist 4.1 for osCommerce-ms2.2rc2a"

If not, then what version will work with 2.2MS2?

Can anyone answer this question for me?

Thanks.

I think it does NOT work with 2.2MS because I installed (vanilla) it several times and it gave me fetal errors about a line of code in application_top.php and the 2 database.php. And I updated my application_top.php.

I tried both versions 5.0 and 5.1 of Wishlist.

After spending over 14 hrs on 2.2MS, I think I am switching to rc2a..

If someone can tell me what can even go wrong with this vanilla install of 2.2MS, that´s be great, cuz I have all my other add-ons in it already.. :(

Edited by shiningc

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

Can someone please help , i want to perform an IF statement on the 'product_id' of products contained within the wishlist.

i.e.

if ($products['products_id'] == 600) {

ThenDoThis

}

Can someone please give me some pointers with how i can list out the product_id's of the products in the wishlist? i'm guessing i want to run the IF statement against the wishlist array ? is there an array defined below?

My Wishlist file below:

Thanks

Marcus

<?php

/*

$Id: wishlist.php,v 3.0 2005/04/20 Dennis Blake

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

/*******************************************************************

****** QUERY THE DATABASE FOR THE CUSTOMERS WISHLIST PRODUCTS ******

*******************************************************************/

require_once(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_WISHLIST);

?>

<!-- wishlist //-->

<?php

$info_box_contents = array();

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left',

'text' => BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMER_WISHLIST

);

new infoBoxHeadingCSS($info_box_contents, false, false, tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST, '','NONSSL'));

$info_box_contents = array();

if (is_array($wishList->wishID) && !empty($wishList->wishID)) {

reset($wishList->wishID);

if (count($wishList->wishID) < MAX_DISPLAY_WISHLIST_BOX) {

$wishlist_box = '';

$counter = 1;

/*******************************************************************

*** LOOP THROUGH EACH PRODUCT ID TO DISPLAY IN THE WISHLIST BOX ****

*******************************************************************/

while (list($wishlist_id, ) = each($wishList->wishID)) {

$wishlist_id = tep_get_prid($wishlist_id);

$products_query = tep_db_query("SELECT pd.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) AS specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) AS final_price from (" . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd) LEFT JOIN " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s ON (p.products_id = s.products_id) WHERE pd.products_id = '" . $wishlist_id . "' AND p.products_id = pd.products_id AND pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' order by products_name");

$products = tep_db_fetch_array($products_query);

$wishlist_box .= '0' . $counter . '. ';

$wishlist_box .= '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products['products_id'], 'NONSSL') . '">' . $products['products_name'] . '</a><br/>';

$counter++;

}

$wishlist_box .= '';

} else {

$wishlist_box = '<div class="ShoppingCartBoxContents">' . sprintf(TEXT_WISHLIST_COUNT, count($wishList->wishID)) . '</div>';

}

} else {

$wishlist_box = '<div class="ShoppingCartBoxContents">' . BOX_WISHLIST_EMPTY . '</div>';

}

$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => '',

'text' => $wishlist_box);

new infoBoxCSS($info_box_contents);

?>

<!-- wishlist_eof //-->

• 2 weeks later...

I just reinstalled "Wishlist 5" on oscommerce-2.2ms2 and when I use the "Add to Wishlist" button I get the following error:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/path/to/site/html/toybox/includes/languages/english.php:745) in /home/content/path/to/site/html/toybox/includes/functions/general.php on line 27

The code in general.php on line 27 is:

header('Location: ' . $url);

and the code on line 745 on english.php is blank, its an empty line as well as line 744 and 733 is the closing ?> for the entire page

I did check to see if items were being added to my wishlist and the weren't, can anyone help me with this problem? any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

hello, wishlist is working great. however it would make sense to have a ADD TO WISHLIST button on the actual product listings page itself, not just the product info page, next to the BUY NOW column. could someone describe how to code that into /modules/product_listing.php ? that would be greatly appreciated and probably useful for other people using this contribution too. many thanks.

Hi everybody.

I just went through all the 45 pages of this topic. Couldn´t find what I was looking for. So, post my question:

I´m using wishlist 5_1 by FIMBLE

everything works just fine. looks great. But, ... :blush:

I want to enable my users to add `inactive` (or sold out) products to their wishlist. Which, so far, doesn´t work.

I am using contrib 4884 `show sold out products´ and think it would make sense to allow users to add them to their wishlist (as these products usually come back to stock soon)

Can anybody helb me with this?

greetz.

Tom

• 4 weeks later...

I'm getting the following error when I try to add something to the wishlist:

Fatal error: Call to a member function add_wishlist() on a non-object in /path/wishlist.php on line 19

Line 19 is this:

$wishList->add_wishlist($wishlist_id, $attributes_id);

I've tried the navigation_history fix, and other fixes on this thread. I need to get it fixed ASAP. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I been working for several hours to get my wishlist to work. First I installed wishlist 5.0 but I just couldn't get the add to wishlit button to work, so now I instead have installed wishlist 3.5 d, but I still can't get the add to wishlist button to work. I checked the install code several times but can't find anything strange. When I'm clicking the add to wishlist button it instead of adding to the wishlist is adding to the shopping cart. Would be so wounderful if anyone could help me!

• 1 month later...

I just installed the Wishlist 5 v with much better instructions Thank You. I've installed other versions

but was never able to get it to work properly. After installing this one, I went to my site to test and

everything looked and worked great .... with one exception. I am still having the same old problem

with the Add to Wishlist button on product info pages. The button adds the product to the Shopping

Cart instead of the Wishlist. I've double and triple checked the manual install instructions and everything

is where it should be. And yes, I've installed the coding in catalog/includes/application_top.php and still

have the problem.

Does anyone have a fix for this. I'd really really like to have this on my bridal website.

• 2 weeks later...

In the application_top make sure this code is added BEFORE/ABOVE the "// Shopping cart actions" (check instructions to make sure code is correct) If this code is NOT above the shopping cart action the products will be placed in the cart.

// wishlist data

if(!tep_session_is_registered('wishList')) {

tep_session_register('wishList');

$wishList = new wishlist;

}

//Wishlist actions (must be before shopping cart actions)

if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['wishlist_x'])) {

if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'])) {

if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['id'])) {

$attributes_id = $HTTP_POST_VARS['id'];

tep_session_register('attributes_id');

}

$wishlist_id = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'];

tep_session_register('wishlist_id');

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST));

}

in the c atalog/includes/application_top.php

you need to make sure this code is ABOVE (BEFORE) "// Shopping cart actions" (if it is not above this the wish list items will go into the cart.)

I'm afraid there is a bit more to it than this - I had it installed and working properly and then it just started adding the product to the shopping cart so at the moment it's disabled until I can sort it.

Edited by Jan Zonjee

My store is currently running Phoenix 1.0.3.0

I'm currently working on 1.0.7.2 and hope to get it live before 1.0.8.0 arrives (maybe 🙄 )

I used to have a list of add-ons here but I've found that with the ones that supporters of Phoenix get any other add-ons are not really neccessary

Yes, I have that code installed in application_top.php As Xpajun mentioned, there must be another bug

for this to be happening when all of the coding is in the correct place. I've uninstalled and reinstalled

3 times with the same outcome.

Help??

I've just installe d the contribution and everything seems ok, however when I send the link to someone and they buy from the list, the item they have bought isn't being removed from the wishlist. Is this correct functionality or should it be removed?

Fantastic contribution thought and very easy install, I'm sure this is easy to sort

Yes, I have that code installed in application_top.php As Xpajun mentioned, there must be another bug

for this to be happening when all of the coding is in the correct place. I've uninstalled and reinstalled

3 times with the same outcome.

Help??

Karen if you want to send me your ftp details i will have a look at it for you, i installed this and worked first time

Steve