• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Wishlist 3.0 Support Thread

dblake

Thanks mate...,

What I did notice though was that when the public uses the wishlist it does come up with a 2nd text input area asking 'your name' and 'your email' and no message box and below it there is still the original text input boxes.... I'm sure this is not correct...? ...as there are 2 different sets of input boxes!

But when you are logged in only the original input texted boxes are listed..??

And on the email it definately has a link on it to the wishlist not the items listed.

cheers vjc

Actually on the email it says....

(username) public wishlist is located here:

This is even though the user is logged in.

thanks vjc

I want make the Wish List 3.5d available to only registered users

For public users I just want a simple message 'you must be logged in to use this wishlist' please click here to login or create an account.

But I want the contents of the wishlist to stay in tack until they login so they can still send it.

Is this possible and how?

many thx vjc

I want make the Wish List 3.5d available to only registered users

For public users I just want a simple message 'you must be logged in to use this wishlist' please click here to login or create an account.

But I want the contents of the wishlist to stay in tack until they login so they can still send it.

Is this possible and how?

many thx vjc

The way to go to achieve this is to wrap every occurrence of your wishlist (like box, link, etc..) between

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
the wishlist code here

}

This will skip the code that renders the wishlist when the customer is not logged in

for example:

in your right column

find

if($wishlist->count_wishlist() != '0') {
require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'wishlist.php');
 }

and replace by

if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {

if($wishlist->count_wishlist() != '0') {
require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'wishlist.php');
 }

}
else {
echo 'You must be logged to see your Wishlist';
}

apply the same technique to hide the add to wishlist button in your product_info.php

hope this helps

Edited by pixclinic

• 2 weeks later...

I have a heavily modified version of Oscommerce v2.2 RC2a running. Wishlist 3.5d with all fixes is installed. It was working fine. as I have been working on more changes I always go back and check previous functionality. It looks like I missed a test. I had a customer notify me that the ability to add out of stock items to a wishlist is now broken. I know it used to work. In stock items still add just fine. I have wish list set up to just popup the message at the top of the window "item was successfully added to wishlist" when someone clicks the "add to wishlist" button. If the item is out of stock and someone clicks the wishlist button it just opens their wishlist instead and does not show the item they just tried to add. No error message or anything. I changed it to not redirect back to product page as a test and still if item is in stock it adds it to wishlist, if out of stock it doesn't.

I have gone over everything I can think of and just can not find what has broken. Does anyone have any suggestions on likely spots to look that I may have missed? The industry I am in has very fluid stock and stuff goes in and out often. I really need customers to be able to add out of stock items to wishlists.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, I just installed Fimble's 4.1 Wishlist. Install went fine, however, noticed problems with wishlist.php, missing end quotes mainly.

Problem: The buttons to "Delete from Wishlist", "Continue" and "Add to Cart" don't work with the wishlist.php shipped in Fimble's 4.1 install. User can add items to the wishlist no worries there, just cannot delete/add to cart or use the email function.

Now to correct deleting item from wishlist and adding from wishlist to cart....

Solution:

Open catalog/wishlist.php, find:

<td align="right"><br /><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_delete.gif', 'Delete From Wishlist', 'name="delete_prod" value="delete_prod"') . " " . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', 'Add to Cart', 'name="add_prod" value="add_prod"'); ?></td>

Replace with:

<td align="right"><br /><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_delete.gif', 'Delete From Wishlist', 'name="delete_prod"', 'value="delete_prod"') . " " . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', 'Add to Cart', 'name="add_prod"', 'value="add_prod"'); ?></td>

Now to correct emailing....

Find:

<td colspan="2" align="right"><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE, 'name="email_prod" value="email_prod"'); ?></td>

Replace with:

<td colspan="2" align="right"><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE, 'name="email_prod"', 'value="email_prod"'); ?></td>

Hope this helps anyone using this AWESOME contrib..

I have installed Fimble's 4.1 Wishlist and ran into a problem. I notice that when I click "Add to Wishlist" the item goes to the shopping cart instead of the wishlist. When I click on "My Wishlist", I get the message that there's no products in the list.

I looked through the instruction to see if I missed anything but to no avail. Any idea where I could have gone wrong?

Many thanks for replies in advance.

I have installed Fimble's 4.1 Wishlist and ran into a problem. I notice that when I click "Add to Wishlist" the item goes to the shopping cart instead of the wishlist. When I click on "My Wishlist", I get the message that there's no products in the list.

I looked through the instruction to see if I missed anything but to no avail. Any idea where I could have gone wrong?

Many thanks for replies in advance.

Look above your post....I posted a fix to this problem

Cheers

Look above your post....I posted a fix to this problem

Cheers

dookie,

Thanks for the reply. I have added your correction to the files before posting and I am still experiencing the same problem. I can't get any of the items to go to the wishlist, it goes to straight to the shopping cart instead. I'll try the install again. Maybe I'll have better luck...

Edited by asianknight7664

Does the latest version from FIMBLE (4.1) work with osc 2.2MS2? The documentation just says "Guest Enchanced Wishlist 4.1 for osCommerce-ms2.2rc2a"

If not, then what version will work with 2.2MS2?

Thanks

Can anyone answer this question for me?

Thanks.

dookie,

Thanks for the reply. I have added your correction to the files before posting and I am still experiencing the same problem. I can't get any of the items to go to the wishlist, it goes to straight to the shopping cart instead. I'll try the install again. Maybe I'll have better luck...

After re-installing the wishlist 4.1, I still can't get the products to go to the wish list first instead of the shopping cart. I'm stuck now. :huh:

I'm looking through wishlist.php and hoping maybe I'm looking in the right place. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

I'm using version 2.2 RC2 by the way.

Edited by asianknight7664

After looking through the files, I'm still having trouble figuring out why I'm not able to add products to the wishlist. Whenever I click on "Add to Wishlist" I don't see any confirmation that the product has been added to the wishlist. Instead, the product goes straight into the shopping cart.

I'm still using Wishlist 4.1 and I'm not sure if I want to use the earlier versions. The website I'm working on is http://www.animeotakudepot.com

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

After looking through the files, I'm still having trouble figuring out why I'm not able to add products to the wishlist. Whenever I click on "Add to Wishlist" I don't see any confirmation that the product has been added to the wishlist. Instead, the product goes straight into the shopping cart.

I'm still using Wishlist 4.1 and I'm not sure if I want to use the earlier versions. The website I'm working on is http://www.animeotakudepot.com

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

Please ignore my previous request, I think I'm going to try previous versions and see if I have any luck. Thanks.

Hi there;

I've just installed the newest version of the wishlist from Fimble Jan. 13 with the hopes that I can

finally get this contrib to work on my site. After installing I did some fiddleing with code to fix a

couple of bugs that I'd encountered from previous install attempts and got those cleared up.

However, I still have the nagging problem of when clicking Add to Wishlist from the product info

page, the product goes instantly into the Shopping Cart instead of being added to the Wishlist.

Can anyone please help me with this problem? I tried the fix posted on Feb. 3 by dookie by adding

that code to catalog/product.info php as this is what is happening with my site, but the problem

is still there.

Help !!

...I'm still having trouble figuring out why I'm not able to add products to the wishlist. Whenever I click on "Add to Wishlist" I don't see any confirmation that the product has been added to the wishlist. Instead, the product goes straight into the shopping cart...I'm using Wishlist 4.1...

I'm having the same problem. Anyone come up with a solution yet?

Ok... I still am no closer to figuring this problem out. When clicking Add to Wishlist button on a product,

the product is added to the shopping cart. I've searched the forums, I've googled .... I still cannot find

an answer.

I have noticed that when I place the cursor on the button, no url is brought up at the bottom of the page

showing it is connected to the wishlist.php like when you mouse over the Review button. Here's my site

www.ladykbridalplus.com

Can someone please help with this? My site is live and I'd really like to get this contrib working.

Thanks,

Karen

Ok... I still am no closer to figuring this problem out. When clicking Add to Wishlist button on a product,

the product is added to the shopping cart. I've searched the forums, I've googled .... I still cannot find

an answer.

I have noticed that when I place the cursor on the button, no url is brought up at the bottom of the page

showing it is connected to the wishlist.php like when you mouse over the Review button. Here's my site

www.ladykbridalplus.com

Can someone please help with this? My site is live and I'd really like to get this contrib working.

Thanks,

Karen

Hi,

I am having the same problem on my site with it going to the shopping cart, I also noticed it's not keeping any products in the wishlist.. after you add a product then check the wishlist it's empty??

I have been over my installation several times and have not found anything that I have done wrong either.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Bruce

I have this error

Fatal error: Call to a member function count_wishlist() on a non-object in /home/content/b/e/c/bec/html/seo/includes/column_right.php on line 23

I search in the forum and the bug fix for this error is included in the install.

This error aren't display on Internet Explorer, it only show on Firefox.

I'm using oscommerce 2.2 rc2a and wishlist 4.1

Can anybody help me?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

First of all I wanted to say that this contribution is great !

Next comes the challenge...

I would like to have the Wishlist show me the total price of the items on the list.

Anyone know if this is possible ? (and how to do it?)

Thanks in advance,

Fidler

Hi everyone, great contribution! I just thought I would post a CSS alternative to the wishlist infobox that I wrote to fit in with the CSS Infoboxes contribution in case anyone like me uses both contributions:

<?php
/*
 $Id: wishlist.php,v 3.0  2005/04/20 Dennis Blake
 osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 [url="http://www.oscommerce.com"]http://www.oscommerce.com[/url]

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require_once(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_WISHLIST);

?>

<!-- wishlist //-->
<div class="column">
<div class="column_header">
	<div class="column_header_right"><h4><?php echo BOX_HEADING_CUSTOMER_WISHLIST . '  ' . '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST), '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'infobox/arrow_right.gif', ICON_ARROW_RIGHT) . '</a>';?></h4></div>
</div>
<?php
if (is_array($wishList->wishID) && !empty($wishList->wishID)) {
	reset($wishList->wishID);

if (count($wishList->wishID) < MAX_DISPLAY_WISHLIST_BOX) {

$wishlist_box = "	<ol>\n";
	$counter = 1;

while (list($wishlist_id, ) = each($wishList->wishID)) {
			$wishlist_id = tep_get_prid($wishlist_id);

$products_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from (" . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd ) left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where pd.products_id = '" . $wishlist_id . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "' order by products_name");
			$products = tep_db_fetch_array($products_query);

$wishlist_box .= "		<li>" . $counter . ". ";
			$wishlist_box .= '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $products['products_id'], 'NONSSL') . '">' . $products['products_name'] . '</a></li>' . "\n";

$counter++;
		}
		$wishlist_box .= "	</ol>\n";
	} else {
		$wishlist_box = "	<ul>\n		<li>" . sprintf(TEXT_WISHLIST_COUNT, count($wishList->wishID)) . "</li>\n	</ul>\n";
	}
 } else {
	$wishlist_box = "	<ul>\n		<li>" . BOX_WISHLIST_EMPTY . "</li>\n	</ul>\n";
 }

echo $wishlist_box;
?>
</div>
<!-- wishlist_eof //-->

Joe

MacMan strikes again!

Always backup first before listening to me!

Hello,

For those having the add to wishlist going to shopping cart problem. The March 2nd contribution has a warning in the installation.

Check to see if in catalog/includes/application_top you have followed the instructions exactly.

I have posted FIMBLE's instructions for your convenience.

Edit catalog/includes/application_top.php

FIND AROUND LINE 24

// include shopping cart class

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'shopping_cart.php');

ADD BELOW

// include wishlist class

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'wishlist.php');

FIND AROUND LINE 317

// Shopping cart actions

ADD THE FOLLOWING CODE SEE THE WARNING BELOW ALSO ****** ABOVE ********

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ NOTE @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

IF YOU DO NOT ADD THIS THEN THE ADD TO WISHLIST BUTTON WILL ADD THE ITEM TO THE SHOPPING CART

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

// wishlist data

if(!tep_session_is_registered('wishList')) {

tep_session_register('wishList');

$wishList = new wishlist;

}

//Wishlist actions (must be before shopping cart actions)

if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['wishlist_x'])) {

if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'])) {

if(isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['id'])) {

$attributes_id = $HTTP_POST_VARS['id'];

tep_session_register('attributes_id');

}

$wishlist_id = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id'];

tep_session_register('wishlist_id');

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_WISHLIST));

}

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ NOTE @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

IF YOU DO NOT ADD THIS THEN THE ADD TO WISHLIST BUTTON WILL ADD THE ITEM TO THE SHOPPING CART

Hello,

Does anyone know if this contribution will allow the user to delete products that are out of stock from wishlist?

The wishlist 3.5d contribution trapped out of stock items in a customer's wishlist. Customer could not add to cart (which is a good feature) but couldn't delete either.

Can anyone post or pm me with a working site with this contribution. I tried the two sites posted in the forum but one is down for maintenance and the other one has removed the wishlist feature from their site.

Thanks in advance

:rolleyes: